It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl crackdown: US sacks more than 300 websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here we go people.

Without SOPA even being passed they obviously have the capability to shut down websites.

So that makes me wonder and ponder a bit, if they already have this power.

then what is SOPA exactly all about?

They're even going at the 'little guys' right now.

United States lawmakers insisted that the Stop Online Piracy Act was necessary to thwart copyright crimes on the World Wide Web. Even after the bill was halted in Congress, however, federal agents have still found the way to shut down more than 300 websites recently.

Federal authorities have sacked a 28-year-old Michigan man for operating websites that they say illegally streamed professional sports games on the Internet. Yonjo Quiroa of Comstock Park, Michigan in the United States was arrested on Wednesday by agents with the Homeland Security Investigations unit.

They are charging him with one count of criminal infringement of a copyright for allegedly operating at least nine websites that offered unauthorized Internet streams of live sporting events.

i think this quote pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Even without SOPA having been passed yet, the federal government always had tremendous power to do some of the things that they want to do. So if this is what can occur without SOPA being passed, imagine what can occur after SOPA is passed,” Project PM founder Barrett Brown tells RT.

any thoughts ATS?

rt.com

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Federal authorities have sacked a 28-year-old Michigan man for operating websites that they say illegally streamed professional sports games on the Internet.

For the most part if sites are shut down its for good reason as quoted above. Do I feel bad? No.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
the super what? you mean the 7 hr commercial interrupted with 15 mins. of football.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Already posted, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

thanks for the link.

i've asked mods to close mine.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Why the hell is Homeland Security investigating and arresting people for streaming football online??

Are they terrrist? No, don't think so, so wtf is HLS doing here?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Why the hell is Homeland Security investigating and arresting people for streaming football online??

Are they terrrist? No, don't think so, so wtf is HLS doing here?

What a strange feeling to get to the last post and see exactly my thoughts already posted.

top topics

join