It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd trip... that really happened.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So to start this I'll say I've followed all religions at differing times of my life. Buddism, Taoism, Hinduism(not as much certain books) Even at read at least half of the Quran.

So I used to be real big into meditation, and a few times after clearing out my mind, I've had this wierd vision of people either dancing around, or bowing to a great light. So, one day, I was out riding my bike, trying to clear my mind out. And I was trying to forgive people who had wronged me(mostly an ex, or fights I'd been in), just releasing all these negative things when... I had another vision. I see this giant golden grid, and a face comes out and kisses me on the forehead, then morphs back away. It was crazy, right in the middle of my bike ride.

So any way, a month later, I'm reading the Quran and I get to a part that says something about the faces of the righteous being kissed by God.(I am far from righteous this was only important for my discovery.) At the bottom of the page it said something about your God being your higher self, which would make sense, because it was my face, only older than I was at the time. And that's what I believed anyway.

O.k., so years go my as I bumble through life blind. One day my mother is laying on the couch, when she hears a stern voice say, "Get up now or you will die!" She freaked out, and something told her to come to my house. She started preaching to me that Jesus is our God, and trinity this and Jesus that... so I'm like whatever Mom we all create our own reality, we're gods too. So we talked and chilled out, having a strangely enlightening conversation on both sides.

Any ways the same thought/voice urges her to go to a different doctor. Within a minuet of meeting the new doc. he feels her neck and tells her she has a blood clot. So they get surgery set up for a month later. The day before the surgery, I was at my Ma's, and when I left, my nephew started crying. I turned around to give him a hug, and he closed his eyes and kissed me on the fore head. It was like a flashback from the vision. So the whole family comes down to the hospital during the surgery, which the doctor says it's the worst he's ever seen.(It went from her ear to her heart.)

So, all of the family at the table at least accepts Christ's deity, but me. Didn't think of that 'til later, anyways. So I try to clear out my mind, and meditate/pray. I'm thinking, please God if you are there, I know my Ma has purpose left here, too many people depend on and appreciate her... As soon as my mind clears out, I get pulled into the Brightness where the light beings dance/bow/worship, but all I see is the light. (I think my family were the ones bowing.) Then it speaks to me, something that has never happened, it was very frightening. "Who are you praying to?... Who is... father?... Who is the only... to bring life?..." and a whole hoard of other things, when the light pulled back into the grid. Then it turned into a golden hand and reached down to pull my eyelids open. I opened my eyes to my brother's parallel hand slapping down one of those silly little Jesus pamplets.
I had already read it earlier, and thought that it preached the same thing as I have my whole life... plus Jesus.

Then I had these whirls of revelation, like I'm so sorry father, You own. All the questions that the voice was asking just started to answer themselves... It was intense... and humiliating to look at my ignorance.

So anyway, a few minuets later the nurse came in and said my ma was going to be o.k.

Just thought it was crazy that all of my religious experiences led to the one thing I couldn't accept. I'm like what... Jesus... God... slap self in face.

Hope you guys enjoyed my story... it is Sunday. This is another true story from A to the B. Peace and Love.
I know I have much to learn on these forums, so if I offend anyone with bad online manners, I apologize now, and probably will again when I realize an err.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Interesting story, thanks for sharing it.

My mother had an out of body experience during childbirth. Due to what occurred during the experience, she says it was a near death experience. She saw a lot of people dressed in white robes, kneeling before a great golden source of light. She said that she felt intense love coming from the light and did not want to leave there.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Cool! In my medidative visions it always reminded me of old cave paintings, or pictures where everyone is connected around a Source. My Ma says there were people in white reassuring here while she was under.

Jesus... So unknowable and impossible to comprehend... smack in forehead. Even after this experience, I'm but a blind man... at least I know who my God is. Hopefully he'll keep me sane...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by atotheb

"Who are you praying to?... Who is... father?... Who is the only... to bring life?..."

The universe is a weird thing that wants your soul.
There are various ways of going about it.
You can go to a dark Hades where you are ready to give it up in despair.
Or you can go into a light, believing that you will enjoy some sort of unity.
What in fact is awaiting you is your soul being sucked out to be ground up and recycled into a million pieces.
If that is what you want, then feel free to go with it into oblivion.
The God who is the one who is about the joys of person-hood is a different sort.
Jesus exemplifies this ideal sort of thing some would desire, which is the retention of person-hood through various changes, such as starting out as a god, being born as a human being, becoming a dead human, then being a resurrected human, then a glorified formerly dead human, and then to be exalted back to his former place in heaven where he started but still in this glorified type human state. All the while, he retains his distinct person-hood, meaning he was the same person from beginning to end.
Now, the universe can tell you, "I give you life because who can exist without me?"
But by giving the universe the right of ownership of your soul, you are giving up your ability to turn to God, and this God is who we know only through Jesus.
So, to me, it is the "bliss" of nothingness, or the bliss of living forever with Jesus.
As weird as the universe is, it is natural, which has no regard for uniqueness or individuality or person-hood, while Jesus represents the supernatural who says you as a person has value because you are like me and God loves me.

edit on 5-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Interesting story, thanks for sharing it.

My mother had an out of body experience during childbirth. Due to what occurred during the experience, she says it was a near death experience. She saw a lot of people dressed in white robes, kneeling before a great golden source of light. She said that she felt intense love coming from the light and did not want to leave there.

Stories like that remind me of Mormonism.

It would be a kick in the head if it was true.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. That whole metaphysical question and answer thing--quicker than a blazing fast download--is pretty intense.

Glad your mom is good!! Maybe Jesus was giving you a shout-out to take another look in his direction?

He gets so much bad press...He must be on the right side.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't mean to offend or come across as unintelligent but honestly, while it was a good read and I'm glad your mother's better, the only posts I understood in this whole thread are the two above me and butcherguy

new topics

top topics

join