It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaz vs Condit How did you see it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Diaz antics in and out of the ring but I had him winning 3 rounds to 2 last night.

I've looked at the stats from the fight and the first round was virtually even I give Diaz the edge based on aggression.

The second was easily Diaz best round as he landed more effective strikes than Condit.

Rounds 3-4 Condit got comfortable and was the more effective striker even though Diaz was more aggressive, I'd give 3 and 4 to Condit

Round 5 is Diaz round to me. Condit's striking was again more effective but Diaz had his back for 90 seconds. That to me shows effective grappling and octagon control.

How did you guys see it?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just saw the highlights, but they certainly made it look like Diaz should have won, unless "octagon control" means something different than what I thought. I'm a Diaz fan, so I am biased though.

Sucks that GSP won't get his hands on Diaz. I like them both so I don't know who I would cheer for, but that fight may have brought GSP's killer instinct back. I just want to see him finish a fight again. He has become, sadly, what Condit looked to be last night: a fighter trying to win on points.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Hey there Buddaha1098, you might dig this thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is my thoughts on that fight.

Diaz/Condit - What a surprise! Condit had a brilliant strategy and stuck to the plan of getting back to the center of the ring and being elusive instead of allowing Diaz to corner him. Carlos threw so many different strikes too, even though many missed, he still kept busy. This was the first time I saw Diaz frustrated and I wish he had tried more to take it to the ground. I could have seen the decision go either way, but yea, I think Condit outscored him. Diaz did make some good points about how he saw it, but his little bitch-fit was kind of sore-loserish to me, and looked immature imo. WIll he retire? He might, but I sure hope not. I really like Diaz but it seems he still has some maturing to do. I don't want to see him mellow out or anything, he just needs to hold his head high and keep on fighting. I am looking forward to watching the post fight interviews.

spec

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
it was a great fight...before it started, i figured it would go 5 and it would be close...it was. Condit clearly won. his defensive striking kept Diaz @ bay and they stayed standing all 5 rounds...it was an awesome night of fights all together!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
sorry, i meant they stayed standing MOST of the 5 rounds.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Diaz CLEARLY won... morally, statistically... this is the CHAMPIONSHIP game.. not some fight... this guy running arround is the champion now? How disgusting the games they play some...

Nick diaz bitch slapped him and diminished him as a man in every aspect and Carlos couldnt even make an eye contact.

This is a fighting championship. Put diaz and carlos on a dark alley and lets see who comes out.

Also most mma fighters including dan henderson etc called out robbery on Diaz belt. Do they not know also anything about mma?

Dana already said there might be a rematch "IF THE PEOPLE THOUGHT THE RESULT WAS WRONG". Who says that?

It's preety clear what happened.

Nick diaz destroyed the forest gumb.

Diaz bros are the best thing there is in mma and dana managed to "retire" them both... disgusting.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I didn't see the fight, but here is what many mma fighters thought about it--

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
professional bar fighting!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i'm from the same place as nick diaz and that fool has gotten K'd a few times by bar patrons. just a thug

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm pissed.

Badly wanted to see Diaz vs GSP.

Damn Condit running around the octagon for five rounds! the only way he could beat Diaz, good on him though.

I was screaming for a submission at the last round when Diaz had him on the ground

"You guys pay me a [expletive] load of money, but I don't think I'm getting enough to keep going on," he said. "I don't need this [expletive]. I pushed this guy backward, and he ran from me the whole fight. He ran the whole fight. "I landed the harder shots. He ran the whole time. He kicked me in the leg with little baby leg kicks the whole fight. That's the way [you] win in here, so I don't want to play this game no more."

Nick Diaz, retiring?!

mmajunkie.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
i'm from the same place as nick diaz and that fool has gotten K'd a few times by bar patrons. just a thug

You are from Stockton and you refer to nick as a thug? Dude i live in the other part of the world and i can tell he aint no thug. The guy is training 24/7 and doesnt touch alcohol...

Hating him cause you cant be like him is one thing. Spitting lies and saying he gets knocked by bar guyz is ridiculous.

There isn't a single person in stockton that ever turned to say anything about diaz. He is emotional character but he never started fights. Especially the people he competes with in triathlon etc have only good things to say about him.

Condit got slaped like the bitch he is.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The worst thing about this result is the impending snoozefest between Condit and GSP. Much as I love GSP, he just does not have the fire he used to. I hope Condit starts mouthing off to fire the guy up.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

GSP fights are always snoozefests. Diaz would be no different.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

They weren't always. He used to giver exciting performances. Seems like he is just trying to keep the title now. His anger at Diaz's "disrespect" could have actually led him to do what he is capable of.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Could have went either way. But, takedowns were even (right?). Diaz had octagon control while Condit landed WAY more strikes and did more damage (imo.) Diaz' face at the end of the fight showed that I think. I like how at the end of the fight Diaz said to Rogan something like, "If I had known I was down on points I would have finished that arm bar" or something like that. Really? So he had him but didn't finish him off 'cause he already had him on points and is such a nice guy. Puhleeeze!

I like Diaz and definately think him versus GSP would have been awesome! But, he got out-gamed and out struck and I think he knew it. Sour grapes. Octagon control alone wont win a fight, especially when you're being out striked (struck?) like that. He knew that too, that's why he was trying so hard for the takedowns at the end of 5. I think Condit had the perfect gameplan for Diaz, however not pretty it was. It worked.

I was pulling for Diaz, but it is what it is.
edit on Thu Feb 9 2012 by Rren because: bad brackets

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Re: my comment that Condit out-struck Diaz:

According to FightMetric, Condit outlanded Diaz 159-117 (including 151-105 in significant strikes). Diaz had a slight edge with head and body shots, but Condit's low kicks – he outlanded Diaz 68-6 in that department – surely played a large part in the final scores.From Here

On top of that it looks like Diaz failed a post-fight drug test:

Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz may ultimately fight again someday, but it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Former Strikeforce champion Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his controversial five-round clash with former WEC titleholder Condit at this past weekend's UFC 143 event.

Story Here

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

There are two GSPs Pre Matt Serra and Post. Pre Matt Serra GSP was a Kyokushin Karate fighter with good ground skills who can beat you standing or submit you. Post Matt Serra a dominant wrestler who will out strike you if you have better submissions and who will take you down and ground and pound you if you have better standup.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

Diaz! What was he thinking? Second time he's been busted. Well that may indeed be it for him in the UFC.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Two facts:
1. Diaz has a licence to use it pharmaceuticaly marijuana.
2. Marijuana slows you down. Its the opposite of sport enhancement product. So basically Diaz was fighting with a debuff on him if anything and still made Condit run around like a bitch. Fact is one. Carlos only got points from those punch and run away things. If Diaz had to follow him for 5 rounds i guess he got bored.

Also Diaz had the take down. The kind of excuse they used on Shonnen vs Bisping and took the title from bisping. cause shonnen had the take down.

There is NO COMPARISON between Diaz and Condit. and thats a FACT.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

He has a prescription? Everything I have seen has him talking about using it and having a system to beat tests (wrong on that one), but nothing about prescription. Would that matter to the commission?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join