It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you help I will be amazed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have a laptop. It will be powering my carputer. Thats a computer in a car, that will be attached to a 7inch touchscreen. Since it will be tucked away under my seat, I would hate to have to reach down, pull it out, open it up, and start it up. That would really suck. Shuting it down is no problem since I can do that through the screen.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could start it up without hitting the button. Can I assign buttons, such as assigning my mute button on the side of the laptop to turn it on? What I realy want is a utility that when I plug it in, it will boot and start up. Say like I have the plug plugged into the back of the laptop. and then the other end plugged into a inverter, then when I turn the inverter on, that will send power to the laptop, laptop sees power and then turns on. I know this is stupid , but I thought that the smartest people to ask would be on here.

Forgot to mention its a compaq 2100 , specifically a 2199us, that is running window xp home.

[Edited on 15-9-2004 by infovacume]

[Edited on 15-9-2004 by infovacume]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
wow 13 views no responses, dam lol

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I can see what my friend would suggest - he works in the install bay of a local Sound Advice...they do all sorts of crazy # there...Imy expertise ends at putting in a stereo, but, he's done all sorts of car mods...but if he doesn't know, I know the bay manager would - gimme some time and I can probablly find out for ya...

I know your question is regarding the computer istelf...but they're all tied together here and I know they've done similar work as to what you're suggesting - so hopefully they'll know...

[Edited on 9/15/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks , any other takers lol

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Iv set mine up under the seat as well, but I ran a toggle switch from the power button to my dashboard. So i just flip that and it turns on.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Not judging you but that aviator is not cool man, very disrespectful

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ask me if i care...go ahead...ask it....cmon...ask it....i dare ya!! i double dare ya!!!

My AVATAR is within the guidelines...until a staff member thinks that its to bad to have...then I will remove it...until then It WILL be kept up and i WILL not apologize for it.

[Edited on 15-9-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Ask me if i care...go ahead...ask it....cmon...ask it....i dare ya!! i double dare ya!!!

My AVATAR is within the guidelines...until a staff member thinks that its to bad to have...then I will remove it...until then It WILL be kept up and i WILL not apologize for it.

[Edited on 15-9-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

I realize you don't care. Otherwise you wouldn't have it up there. Nor did I ask you to apologize for it. Its the equivelant of a picture that has a black slave being whippped by his master and saying owned, or a Jew being pushed into a oven by a Nazi and saying owned. That picture being of someone I love, it offends me that you find pleasure in his death, let alone anyones death.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Please... dreamland, infovacume... none of this here. Subjectwise, I have no clue how to do this. I'm no hardware whiz, but I can say that you should contact a professional or try to look this up on Google...

OH NO! I'm late for school...

Later.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

E_T

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
Say like I have the plug plugged into the back of the laptop. and then the other end plugged into a inverter, then when I turn the inverter on, that will send power to the laptop, laptop sees power and then turns on.

At least dekstop PCs can be started by pressing keyboard (or mouse) button when PSU is getting power and operating in standby mode (producing 5V standby voltage).
Those are options in BIOS but I don't know are there same kind of settings in laptops. (at least not in My Acer Travelmate 803)

new topics

top topics

join