It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Ron Paul have Alzheimer's Disease ??? VIDEO, decide for yourself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by Detour

Perhaps just a small stroke. It is not that uncommon in Mr Paul´s age.

He is Dr. Paul. It kind of hurts your credibility when you fail to recognize him properly.

My credibility?
Credibility for what, taking part in a discussion about someone stuttering?
edit on 5-2-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

Originally posted by Jobeycool
It is posible Ron Paul does not have the temperment to be president and tends to lose His thought of words and rambles.But He is the type of old fellow you want to see win.He knows what He is doing and has not lost His mind.

pardon my scrutiny
but I'd rather hear that from a certified physician
in a medical record than a forum poster.
no offense

Yeah I still like Ron Paul.Wish He was younger and could win at times.Got to root for a guy like Ron Paul.He deserves the recognition for never giving up.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yeah I still like Ron Paul.Wish He was younger and could win at times.Got to root for a guy like Ron Paul.He deserves the recognition for never giving up.

selecting a presidential candidates solely on the criteria
that he deserves it, is not a sound decision making process. IMO

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

selecting a presidential candidates solely on the criteria
that he deserves it, is not a sound decision making process. IMO

No perhaps not but selecting one because The American people deserve it and are tired of frauds is.

Go Ron Paul!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
One thing I can promise absolutely, I will never vote for Ron Paul.
But to suggest he has onset alzheimers based solely on a little stuttering is absolutely stupid.
Possibly the most preposterous allegation levelled at a politician.
Truly how pathetic, to base a disease on a little stuttering

I have decided, not so much on RP but the person who posted this crap.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would say those problems usually occur when hes in a debate and trying to get his response in quick while hitting all the points he needs to make. If you listen to him in many other interviews and speeches this is not the case.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
if ron paul talked less and lied a little more to appease the hardcore right he would be president.

then he could stick it to them when he's sitting in the oval office.

the reverse of what romney is doing. lying to appease the moderates and then sticking it to them when he's in office.

more and more it looks like obama is america's last hope. just for the fact that he does little to nothing is actually an improvement.

when everytime these tools get elected they go on a rampage of failed policies.

edit on 5-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Yeah it shows to me the shallowness of people largely or totally ignoring the bulk of what Paul stands for and has said and instead attempts a cheap shot trying to once again....... follow the constant kept press meme.... try to make him seem .....'nutty'.

You know i really believe this nation could make a come back under Paul, I have NEVER in my life seen a more dedicated and energetic and large (despite what the negators claim) group of admirers and supporters, Dr. Paul could IMO be one of the greatest statesmen this country has ever offered and i could only imagine the welcome someone of his grace and character would inspire in dealings with other nations.

I think in a way like JFK he could revitalize and energize the U.S. to start looking out for it's OWN interests and start to try and stear America back to where it is CAPABLE of being, the light of the world. Sound too cliche? To dramatic. I dunno. I think if ANYONE could do it Paul is the best shot of it happening. Otherwise I see little changing , more wars, less freedoms, less choice, lower living standard.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Stating that Dr. paul has this from just a poorly edited video is terrible. With your logic i could say that Newt shouldn't be president because he has sex with tons of women and has AIDS.

no proof just speculation without any evidence.

i used to have the same problem with stuttering when i was in college and it wasnt because of Alzheimers.

Now if he lost track of where he was in the middle of a debate and started rambling about nonsensical crap then you might be onto somthing, but from all of the debates ive seen of Dr. Paul, he is the most level headed of the entire group.

It could also be that hes so angry at how people ALWAYs spin what he says in a negative way regardless of what he really meant. i know i would be.

the fact that you people can bash on Dr. Paul after all of the crap the other candidates have said (Romney saying he doesnt care about poor people, Newt being a major racist, and Santorum saying iran would nuke missouri if they had the chance, along with a bunch of other retarded comments from the 3 of them) just makes me think that you have no idea what is really going on in this world.

The 3 of them approve of the assassination of Iranian scientists and want war with iran among a bunch of other stupid ideas. if you cant see that ron paul is the only logical choice for POTUS then you have some serious problems
edit on 5-2-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ron is old...

Ron is fighting for freedom...

Ron is fighting for liberty...

And sometimes it seems that Ron is doing it all alone.

I'm going with my hunch and say that the dude is tired.

That is all.

Peace

edit on 5-2-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Ignore the He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named Followers. They just don't like anything that can possibly insult their man. I too, have seen the stuttering and thought to myself, wow. I would not want this guy to be my president.

He just doesn't speak right, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named also shakes a lot when he speaks and it may be frustration, but I don't think he did this when he was younger. He's OLD more like ANCIENT! This is another reason why he will never elected to the nomination. He doesn't have the stage presence. He can fill a stage sure, but he doesn't have the ability to make good speeches. Most of you will call that bowing to the NWO or whatever, but it's an essential part of being elected.

Taking out the name (dare I say it? Yes) Ron Paul, would you guys want an old 76 year old man as the face of the nation? NOPE. Not me!

Well, Obama is extremely charasmatic, has great stage presence and makes articulate, coherent speeches. How's that workin' out for ya, heh? Romney makes great speeches but is so stiff he makes Al Gore look like Jim Carey and he is a bigger waffler than John Kerrey ever was. Don't forget, Reagan was elderly too and most think he was a pretty good president. In other words your criticism holds no water.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

AMEN brother!!!!!

2nd

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Detour

When you run for president and your opponents think you have a chance in winning they will smear you and put you in stress.
I am just saying I haven't seen one candidate who could come off the floor running unless they have read the scripted material rehearsed.
Many factors could come into play.
Our reaction times slow down as we get older, he knows the issues, a multitude I might add. I wasn't going to vote for him but I am leaning that way considering what's left.
More of the same. He may not be fast but he'll do a bang up job if he can get congress to work with him.
We need someone who has paid attention and can bring life back to our side again to people not big money.
Use you greater good nature before you pick anyone one
That is what I will do, no matter who I pick.
I hope we get a good one.
THE VERY BEST WISHES TO YOU

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Well for one he stutters, he can't help that and he's excited and probably nervous. He would make a fine President and I wish him the best.
Everyone is not born to be a speaker, It doesn't come naturally.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a Conspiracist would say that a organization like the CIA is spiking the Represenatives environment with
agents that cause Parkincians disease or even Alzciamers so he would lose his following and just go-away

but that might be too far fetched

edit on 5-2-2012 by St Udio because: tags

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Detour

Alzheimers? no...its simply old age.
When you grow older, your mind does slow down, and the ability to articulate your thoughts starts being disrupted. He isn't stupid (however he may become forgetful about random common things)...but its not like he is going to go full dementia anytime soon.

He is very similar now to my great uncle...who is a smart guy, but old age has ravaged his articulation and some common problem solving. He however does know his issues, and uses others quite comfortably when he needs help. An adviser to help him out would be fine enough.

Also, he is actually too old for Alz. Typically the age of Alz is about late 40s-60s if your going to get it..otherwise, its just age making its elegant entrance.

Yes, RP does stutter, and it is clearly a mix of lots of thoughts and a brain not cooperating fast enough to get them out eloquently...but the mind is still there, and probably has another good 20 years before it finally poofs out..maybe more, maybe less, depends on how active he keeps it (and from what I understand, he does keep it quite active)

oh, and I am not a Ron Paul fan (some of his ideas are good, but too much profound bad to ignore). ..so don't think I am making excuses or anything..just calling it how I see it. I could be wrong as I do not have a medical degree (much less qualified to assess potential neurological disorder). Just a lot of time spent with aging people.

Now, if RP suddenly forgets why he is up there, or thinks its 1992, then we have a problem

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwannaknow2
reply to post by Neopan100

Well for one he stutters, he can't help that and he's excited and probably nervous. He would make a fine President and I wish him the best.
Everyone is not born to be a speaker, It doesn't come naturally.

He is a fine speaker, and he doesn't get nervous
You will see he is declining in articulation over the years. The speeches he gives is the same speeches he has been giving for 30 years now

Lets not turn a blind eye to the obvious...the only question is, would it effect his job as..well, nothing (considering he wont be president, but still).

His thoughts are out there, and backed up by 30 years of continuous and steady stands..and it is catching on (well, some of his ideas anyhow)..so, he is almost inconsequential to keep active..the movement is already started.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Umm Paul did not promise to release his medical records. He was asked if he would release them if asked to, he said yes. There was no promise and obviously no one has asked.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
that video is cut up............even with alz hes the only guy im voting for

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Detour

As someone who lives with and cares for a loved one with Alzheimer;s....

NO...not even close.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join