It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS needs more professional experts posting.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Goodness me . If we don’t have experts here to give definitive answers...

As I asked above. When the "experts" disagree, which one is giving you the "definitive" answer?

...then ATS is merely a collection of opinions and know alls sharing their gripes.

And it is your "definitive opinion" that we need experts. And since you "know all" about this topic of experts, could you share your credentials and qualifications for making this determination?

Again. As I stated previously. There are experts in many fields on ATS. Most don't tout it. But if you'll pay attention, you'll know which members can be counted on for good answers to certain topics.
edit on 2/5/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

we need an experts only thread that we could read but not join unless we can prove we are experts.

oh i get it now...

control issues

you want to restrict/control who posts on a thread/subject

noted

why don't you start your own forum
where you can only listen to "experts"

and leave ATS alone

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

we need an experts only thread that we could read but not join unless we can prove we are experts.

oh i get it now...

control issues

you want to restrict/control who posts on a thread/subject

noted

why don't you start your own forum
where you can only listen to "experts"

and leave ATS alone

How dare you say that. I merely meant ONE thread that was meant for us experts,not the whole site. dont be so over the top.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Goodness me . If we don’t have experts here to give definitive answers, then ATS is merely a collection of opinions and know alls sharing their gripes. And if it costs, that’s even more woeful.

Can we bring in someone?

Dig deep into ATS's archive of information and find what you are looking for, chances are it is there, and if not, if YOU are an expert, then share YOUR knowledge, and then face the public with it.

Really here, it can be like being put under a firing squad if you are sensitive to feedback.

Gotta be tough to walk with the big dogs. Eh?!
Share what you know, and allow it to be archived and discussed.
That is what ATS is about.
To me anyways...lol

*hops off of soapbox*

edit on 5-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
To answer your question,you won't get many experts on here as this is,and this is how it was put to me by an expert ,a "crackpot" site.
Although I disagree with that statement,that is how the majority of professionals feel.

So you got us,citizen scientists who research credible sources .

BTW,what do you need an expert for,they will just lie to you anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Speaking of dogs... *looks at post above*

lol

In the paranormal, there are just experiences.
Even the "experts" do not agree with each other on a lot of things.

Some people just have more experiences than others and some experience these things different ways.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
OP, this has to do with your Three men and a baby post I assume?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's actually a fair question the poster is asking you.

Good luck finding experts who will give opinions on the topics here on ATS. The "experts" you will find all agree with official stories, so why bother coming to ATS if that is what you want? On the other hand, by your definition Judy Wood is an "expert." If you want to believe her nonsense, go right ahead.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Just read that thread and yup, gotta agree with you. The OP refused to believe the truth until a "world-renowned paranormal expert" weighed in. Simply by making that demand, the OP has proven him/herself a "know all." Refusing to take the word of the people who worked on the movie proves another agenda.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

In the paranormal, there are just experiences.
Even the "experts" do not agree with each other on a lot of things.

Some people just have more experiences than others and some experience these things different ways.

indeed, what's with this sudden rejection of empirical evidence by the "experts" lately?
ashamed of their own origins?

the difference between material/scientific thinking and magical thinking,
is similar to the difference between digital and analogue [pun intended]

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Goodness me . If we don’t have experts here to give definitive answers, then ATS is merely a collection of opinions and know alls sharing their gripes. And if it costs, that’s even more woeful.

Can we bring in someone?

So...I guess you want the University of ATS. With only *documented* Professors being able to post.....you silly boy....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Your papers please!! *in best German accent*

OP, as to the Three men and a baby thread, it is not paranormal, at least I do not believe so. That is not to say that crazy things don't go down in Hollywood, because they do, this is just not one of them. IMO.

There is a TAPS episode though that had a ghost. They were filming in a lighthouse and they caught it on tape, but don't ask me to provide the link, it was just something I saw on one of their shows

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. I don't necessarily think that we should ignore people who aren't experts - after all, they bring new perspectives and challenge the prevailing view. However, it would be cool to get some people with expertise in a few areas in order to help shed light on scientific matters and such or even do some novel research on their own.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I think the problem is that the expert is also less likely to offer a theory that titillates and excites.

Often, I find that I am taking a debunker stance, because my training and experience prevents me from accepting what may seem quite viable to others.

I love the mathematical beauty of much of the universe but am at a loss at how to express this in a way that is simple and clear enough to someone who has not discovered the math. Invariably, when I do try and put such things into words, the ideas loose the purity of the mathematical form and become vague and easily misunderstood.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

large portions of ATS need remedial education its no use if people dont understand scientific fundamentals

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

No sir how dare you come on a free site for normal people like me and imply that we are idiots. Whats wrong with asking us? What we can't answer smart questions? If that's what your implying then how about you get off of ats and go to another site for experts.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gecrazy

No sir how dare you come on a free site for normal people like me and imply that we are idiots. Whats wrong with asking us? What we can't answer smart questions? If that's what your implying then how about you get off of ats and go to another site for experts.

Well I've spent the last few hours getting a degree so that I can participate in the OP's threads.

I am now certified in Everything. From the University of ATS!

Bam, Spiceweasle!!!

Now lets talk about things and stuff...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here's my question:

What good is a degree earned from a school where the status quo is taught as gospel when we all know the status quo is a system of control, not truth?

A degree is nothing more than a slip of paper confirming a conformist attitude.
I'll take the advice or opinion of a buccaneer-scholar over an ivy league graduate any day.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I am a "professional expert". But... my expertise is in Neonatology. (Anyone have any questions about newborns - I'm your girl)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join