It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS needs more professional experts posting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by ssupp
News flash: no one cares

cyber troll.

This is *classic*...pot calling the kettle black.....

nice try, but i am asking a legit question and have a genuine thirst for the opinions of experts,not net know alls. thats all im saying.

Then go back to school grasshopper...you have much to learn. You too can be an expert.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
wow. This thing asploded quite quick.

I think there's actually quite a great number of level headed, knowledgeable, 'experts' in many different fields here.

Thing is though, if we weigh in and say 'lens flare', and we ARE an experienced professional photographer with many years of experience and training, we inevitably get called a Shill, Disinformation Agent, or something in that regard.

Experts here weigh in all the time on a number of subjects, cite sources, and present very credible experienced valid information, BUT, this gets buried under a pile of opinion, and feeling and snap insights from people that really know nothing on the subject.

Eh.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
What is the OP's field of expertise?

How dare you.

Maybe the above question was not asked the way you would have liked it to be...but it is a valid question.

I am curious too...do you have any degrees...and/or are you an expert on certain subjects?

I know I am not...and I come to ATS to enjoy myself and learn from those who have more knowledge than I do.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I will appreciate your opinions, but, from now on, I will only believe and accept the words of experts.
There’s too many know alls on here posting from the hip and expecting is to take it as gospel truth.

go to CNN...

and you should know better than to take what people say here as "gospel truth"...

take a grain of salt or go back to MSM...

edit to add: I don't believe in "experts"...I think everyone is for the most part equally full of S***...just experts get a podium.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

What im saying is there are far too many know alls on here pushing their posts as definitive answers, but I won’t listen to it anymore.

Post grad degree in field.
Published [non blog] work.

Minimum.

I would LOVE experts to give some thoughts and opinions on here.

enjoy your GMO foods
and by all means get ALL your vaccinations [don't forget your flu shot and HPV]

because that's what paid experts are going to recommend

and best stop coming here because this is a site full of "crazy conspiracy theorists"

really hoping you don't have kids:shk:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There are no experts in my field lol
There are professionals,
but most of them wouldn't be here posting.
Hell, I am surprised I am here posting!

It's like Daniel in the Lions den........

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm considered an expert in a handful of fields. But how would you or anyone else know that on a forum? My name could be Jethro, and I could be going through the sixth grade for the sixth time. That would make me an expert on sixth grade, wouldn't it? And what makes my word definitive in the areas of my expertise anyway? Considering there are differing opinions among the "experts" in my own fields. Which one of us do you listen to?

It doesn't matter who says it. You know how to google and use the library don't you? Then use them, and make up your own mind.

Or are you looking for an "expert" to make up your mind for you?

ETA: BTW. There are several "experts" on ATS. We have archaeologists, engineers, scientists, writers, cosmotologists, domestic goddesses, witches, preachers, chefs, and the list goes on. They're here. They just don't run around saying it in every post they make.
edit on 2/5/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
News flash: no one cares

cyber troll.

Unless you're a qualified expert on the matter, I highly doubt you are correct in your assessment, and I will not believe anything you have to say on the topic.

Prove to us that you know for a fact the poster is a 'cyber troll' with verifiable references and qualifications.

Oh rofldee dee..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think it’s cruel of you to ask about my qualifications. I have a BTEC in geography if you must and very proud of it I am.

I am merely saying that we discuss some very weighty topics on here; is there a God, antigravity, psychic phenomena etc. and some viperous know alls present their opinions as fact. From now on I will appreciate your opinions, but will only listen to trained experts. Its time ATS called some in. do you disagree?

we need an experts only thread that we could read but not join unless we can prove we are experts.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

*****I think it’s cruel of you to ask about my qualifications*****

Yet you demand, only those with *expert* qualifications reply to you, and post on ATS......

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
About the best you are going to get with that one I think is to start a thread titled Experts Only and then well....you know the trolls will devour it.

What is an expert on psychic phenomenon?

How does one determine that?

*curious*

If you had a famous psychic come yap on some ATS thread it would get overrun by their fans within days,
probably hours.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

ok, in that case does a person wh has been using ESP for 17 years, has immense knowledge on forms of PSI, and could be an expert if he wanted to get a degree count?

you have a degree in geography, then why would that make you an expert in parapsychology? Unless geography covers that also, which i severely doubt. So according to your logic, I hereby ignore all posts that you make because you are by no means an expert.
edit on 5/2/12 by locololo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I like this response. i see far too many posts asking questions that can easily be answered by Google, or that + just a few minutes of time.

I like to call this 'baby bird syndrome', or 'the princess' personality.
People expecting everything to be handed them, or answered, just because they asked, especially since they're so disabled by learned helplessness, near incapable of independent thought around anyone they think might be more knowledgeable or superior to them in some assumed way.
It could also very well just be lazy entitlement.

Anyway, yes, what's so hard or difficult about doing your own research and forming your own opinion?
Too many people want to be told what to think.

Methinks such sorts aren't ideal candidates for exposure to a conspiracy theory site, or maybe the opposite in being too ideal, depending on perspective.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ok, answer this.

Imagine there was a locked thread with Rupert Sheldrake, Charles Tart, Jim Marrs,Joseph P Farrell, Dean Radin,Me, Michael Cremo,Nick Cook etc debating issues, wouldn’t you prefer that?

Or even in your threads, wouldn’t their answers hold more validity than so and so that ruins your threads with dogma and nonsense.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying, and agree it would make for some very focused topics, however, that so far does not seem like ATS's way of doing things, as it is to be a totally open forum within it's guidelines.

You are thinking along the lines of a more controlled think-tank.
In the psychic community they do this in some places, then allow the public to discuss and ask questions after the main discussion. SO for me here, it would be more like you lay out your facts, and hope that you get the right people to respond.

I understand your concept, and like it, but it would seem to me to be just a mod only thread for non-mods...
I doubt ATS would do it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I hear what you are saying, and agree it would make for some very focused topics, however, that so far does not seem like ATS's way of doing things, as it is to be a totally open forum within it's guidelines.

You are thinking along the lines of a more controlled think-tank.
In the psychic community they do this in some places, then allow the public to discuss and ask questions after the main discussion. SO for me here, it would be more like you lay out your facts, and hope that you get the right people to respond.

I understand your concept, and like it, but it would seem to me to be just a mod only thread for non-mods...
I doubt ATS would do it.

I see. possibly ATS could hire someone to answer our question. perhaps make a video of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I think it’s cruel of you to ask about my qualifications. I have a BTEC in geography if you must and very proud of it I am.

I am merely saying that we discuss some very weighty topics on here; is there a God, antigravity, psychic phenomena etc. and some viperous know alls present their opinions as fact. From now on I will appreciate your opinions, but will only listen to trained experts. Its time ATS called some in. do you disagree?

we need an experts only thread that we could read but not join unless we can prove we are experts.

Wait. What?
Is there a God? Antigravity? Psychic Phenomenon?

What experts?
The Pope will tell you 'yes' there is a god, but a Mulla, will argue over his name and who his last prophet was. All the 'experts' in the religious field will argue, and there might even be some blood at the end, if not a suicide bomber.

Antigravity? Most experts will tell you there is NO SUCH THING, unless you're talking about Lagrange points, Trojan points and such where gravitational pulls from separate gravity wells are pulling equally enough to cancel out each other.
Is there a degree and expertise and paying money in pseudoscience? If so, then, Yeah, you can certainly get lots of people to tell you about torsion, and EM inertial dampening, and other fun stuff, but, when asked to present actual real physical working devices, test vehicles, or anything to prove their claims, well, heh, good luck on that.

Psychic Phenomenon?
Are you going to beleive Madame Zuzu that charges you by the half hour to read your cards, a stage magician like Chris Angel, maybe hold an ouja board session to get in contact with a real live dead ghost?
Maybe get those guys from that show where they're always running around with glowy eyed night vision and saying OMG did you FEEL THAT????

On topics like that, really, HOW do you choose your 'experts'?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

You wrote:
I see. possibly ATS could hire someone to answer our question. perhaps make a video of it. ****

There's that sense of entitlement again. You don't get it do you...we are *guests* in the house of ATS.

It costs a fortune for ATS to even provide this trick forum for you to complain in.....and, that's not enough for you

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Goodness me . If we don’t have experts here to give definitive answers, then ATS is merely a collection of opinions and know alls sharing their gripes. And if it costs, that’s even more woeful.

Can we bring in someone?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would much rather see people have to make a video post with their big MUG up on the screen. You would be surprised how different many of ATS would present themselves, more polite and responsible about their message.

Forums and blogs based on typed correspondence allow every tom dick and harry to become an expert in their own right. For the most part I don’t have a problem with attempting to research my own answers. But forums tend to leave many things up for speculation, and many times are misunderstood.

It is what it is right.

The term expert is very overrated with all that said.

Aesop

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join