It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cuts near my eyes when I wake up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, this has happened for 5 years, maybe longer. I will wake up with a small cut between my eye and nose, usually my left eye. It is It is always fresh (not scabbed over yet), though I'm not sure how long the scab would take to form. The cut is a little less than 1 cm long and always in the same place. The skin there is so thin I would imagine it would have to hurt but it never wakes me up.

I do have horrific dreams sometimes and could tell you about "missing time" in my sleep. I do not sleepwalk (you might say "how do you know?" but things are never misplaced and my room is pretty small and very cluttered), so let's assume for the sake of conversation that I do not. My nails are short and trimmed, when I wake up with one of these cuts now I check my nails for blood but never find any (though it could easily disappear in my movements), and no, I don't have any cats. These are all suggestions I've found elsewhere online.

Has anyone ever heard of this phenomenon or have had it happen to them?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
...i think it is called "mystery scratches"..

every filmed yourself during a night when that has happened?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andboycott

Don't ever go to sleep again. Can't really see what you refering to here guy.

I need a new monitor.
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Theres only one plausible explanation: space reptiles.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I've heard this can be caused by hangnails come to think of it. Try clipping your nails before you go to bed. Be sure to file.

Flag for the correct amount of your own text.
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yea I would suggest as another poster said to record yourself while you sleep to see if it's yourself or something "paranormal".

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Could be that you just have the habit to scratch yourself there when you sleep.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
will try recording myself i guess. i know the pic is blurry but i used my built-in webcam and its not the greatest, clearly.

my point was if this is an already documented phenomenon i wanted to see where i could find information on it, i have tried other forums and usually get no feedback, have tried searching online to no avail.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Do you have a cat? www.youtube.com...

Mine will sit in front of me with its claw on my nose, till i wake up in the morning, sometimes with sratches

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

similar things used to happen to me. do you have any pillows with zippers? i used to roll around in my sleep and nick my head in almost the same place every time. needless to say i dont have that pillow anymore

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In my other halves bed I often get friction burns that look like scratches from her bed cover, could be that maybe? Can't see the pic very well

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
most small cuts I notice could have been easily dis-remembered.

What's more pronounced is noticing quite longer cuts on my torso... some have appeared peripheral to the heart.. and I've noticed about two times where there were odd cuts near my kidneys or gallbladder area. I do have a pretty poor gallbladder so hopefully someone did a covert operation and fixed her

actually the most common random cuts appear for me is the wrists and their usually vertical

edit on 5-2-2012 by WaffleBear because: subtraction

edit on 5-2-2012 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Do you wear glasses or sunglasses during the day? If so, unevenly aligned glasses can do this. It would go unnoticed by day and become inflamed at night.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
Theres only one plausible explanation: space reptiles.

LOL...

I'll say your pillow zipper could be exposed and scratching you, when you turn on the side...
Weird that it's the same place though

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have laser marks on my arms from my abductions, which I do not have consious memory of, but know happened. I have seen many UFOs in my life. I also have awoken and received over the years, scratches, and burn marks on my skin aswell. I do think that you were being tested on. More than half of all american's are now "lab rats" for the aliens in control of this planet, and the government made sure that in exchange for their technology, that they could test on us whatever they so decided. I am sorry to say this, but that is what I truly believe is happening to you, due to my personal experiences.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything to it. I think you just scratch unconsciously during the night when your dreaming.
edit on 6-2-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Have you tried those thin cloth infant mittens? I think that would take care of it. Unless you don't have those evil little razors for nails. In that case, I'd go with the reptilian idea. Have you seen Margaret Thatcher or any of the Royal Family in/around your home?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Do you have down pillows? The feathers can poke through and if the angle and stuff is right scratch you.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Take a picture of it .. close up on the cut
right after you wake up .. so it can be fresh
ATS will analyse it

sometime myself .. when i sleep
i can scratch my eyes when i want to stop it itching
and i eat my fingernails .. the corners sometimes are really sharp and i can cut myself
after scratching my skin at random place

edit on 2/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I used to suffer from a similar condition until I stopped cellotaping tiny knives to my forefingers as part of my bedtime routine.

new topics

top topics

join