It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli official implies strike on Iran nukes program is near

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Israeli official implies strike on Iran nukes program is near

www.msnbc.msn.com

Tensions between Israel and Iran are on the rise after a group of top Israeli leaders engaged in a round of saber-rattling on Thursday and Iran’s Supreme Leader answered on Friday with a pledge to "remove" Israel.

Speaking at the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center's annual conference, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak compared the current standoff with Iran to the "fateful" period before the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, when Israel launched a preemptive strike against Egypt.

At the same conference, Israel’s military intelligence chief, Aviv Kochavi said that Iran had enough nuclear m
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Report: U.S. preparing for an Israeli strike on Iran
edit on 5-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: fixed content

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This follows yesterday's news about U.S. officials preparing for an Israeli attack on Iran. Israeli officials are now echoing the same rhetoric.

The Zionists in Israel are foaming out the mouth with a blood lust to attack Iran and Netanyahu even has the audacity to compare Iran to Nazi Germany...pot calling the kettle black much?

This article is nothing more than a MSM propaganda attempt to prepare the public for the upcoming war in the Middle East.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The problem though, according to Panetta & Ehud Barak is that they have no nuclear weapons.

tulsachange.com...

Nice doublespeak they have going on.

If i realized that derivatives=nuclear war (maybe) I would've joined the barter system years ago.

S&F
edit on 5-2-2012 by schadenfreude because: still new here. s&f

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Come at me bro!
-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Their doublespeak is blatant. It's as if they can't even keep track of their own lies...

The smoke and mirror show is in full effect, too bad for them they're not very good "magicians".
edit on 5-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I keep hearing this on the radio, tptb want blood, and who honestly knows what iran want.

expect foolish sized explosions above in the near future.

Come at me bro! -Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

LOL.
edit on 5/2/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I hereby nominate you for the best avatar of the year award

Sorry for the off topic post, but I couldn't help it.

Mahmoud is just a figurehead though, but when it comes to figureheads, he's one of the clever ones. He could slay any world leader in a debate based on fact and logic, which is why no one will go toe to toe with him. He embarrassed Larry King and all other leaders have refused to acknowledge his challenges to a debate.

The fact that world leaders walk out on him when he speaks at the UN should prove that perhaps people should listen to some of the things he says.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I know he is primarily a figurehead but I do believe that he has some amount of power and sway.
He has stated that HE is actually very moderate compared to others within the Iranian government.

I hope that cooler heads prevail, but I think this war has been planned for awhile and probably inevitable at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Come at me bro!
-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Duuuude. Omg. Where did you get this picture on your banner? Stoppppp. I cant. Hahahahaha.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What if all this makes the Iran military stage a coup d'état.
(Mossad, CIA,MI6 backed)

Then a new regime could simply call in U.N. and NATO to "find out" for sure about the nukes.

Especially if a new government claims they don't know where the nukes are.

Then all the business interests would return to Iran.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

You're right about him having some power and sway compared to most figureheads. It seems that Mahmoud has a following within his government that's strong enough to allow him to make questionable comments. There have been numerous stories about him and the Supreme leader publicly bickering, I'm not sure if all this is an act or not though.

I can guarantee that Mahmoud calls more shots in Iran than Obama does in the U.S.

Chances are Obama envies Mahmoud's powers. All Obama can do is read a teleprompter.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That's an interesting possibility, anything's possible, especially with all the BS that's floating around. I could even see Israel going as far as planting some nukes so they are "found" and action is taken against Iran.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Zionists really are a plague to the world. Much more dangerous than a nuclear Iran.

Not to mention the saber rattlers are saying that Iran could have enough uranium for 4 nukes. So what? Even if Iran used all of those nukes in the most strategic way they would still end up getting wiped out. 4 nukes won't take out all the US, EU, NATO, Israel forces that have nukes.

If Iran started a nuclear war with only 4 nukes they would be doomed.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Maybe I'm missing something, but the whole issue that that Israel/the US don't want Iran to have the capability to obtain nuclear weapons; not that Iran has them right now.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Originally posted by tvtexan
Come at me bro!
-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Duuuude. Omg. Where did you get this picture on your banner? Stoppppp. I cant. Hahahahaha.

Just a little fun with photoshop.
I made one with Obama and Ron Paul as well.

I was inspired by an episode of South Park that had a group of Persians take over a nightclub.

On Topic... I believe that it could be possible that Iran IS actually developing nuclear fuel to power their disco balls.
Maybe we could just have a big dance-off between all the countries to settle all this!

edit on 5-2-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

sort of like that movie - Meet the Spartans?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I can guarantee that Mahmoud calls more shots in Iran than Obama does in the U.S.

Sadly, I believe you are right.

Who'da thunk it?

I heard that Obama and Ahmadinejad studied under the same Imams' .... maybe we can have an Islamic Theocratic Republic here soon as well.

It might make for some interesting campaign slogans.... "72 virgins for everyone!"

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Gad! that avatar cracks me up........
Does anyone think that Isreal is just about lost any credibilty at all?
The US govet too, they both are simply rabid at this point....hammering home their message at every opportunity to grab some print or air time....
The war will begin possibly as soon as the next" dark phase" of the moon......
Sanctions willbe given a cursory chance to work, but it will be the Iranis that get accused of initiating the conflict somehow....(false flag perhaps?) Or simply a missinterpreted move by a few speeboats, or any other pretext.
The Us navy has lots of opportunity here....the hostilities can be manufactured whenever they are ready.....
I still think more airpower must find its way to the theater, as well as more footsoldiers.....(To surrounding states....)
Also more anti missile batteries to them.Or Aegis cruisers offshore etc....
The Saudis will be involved on an immediate basis by Iran should any attack occur and its gonna expand from there.....

top topics

join