It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery" Of Atlantis Corrected As Google Earth Ocean Terrain Receives Major Update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It amazes me sometimes how we as a species think we know something based on the data until the data gets better. No one ever says this is what we know thus far, what I usually hear is these are the facts and that's final. I wonder what undiscovered relic we will find in the lines next since this is the latest images of the ocean bottom.

"The original version of Google Ocean was a newly developed prototype map that had high resolution but also contained thousands of blunders related to the original archived ship data," said David Sandwell, a Scripps geophysicist.

SOURCE

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by basilray

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh, it is a conspiracy, THEY are hiding the things now

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I wonder what undiscovered relic we will find in the lines next since this is the latest images of the ocean bottom.

None, would be my guess.

Through several rounds of upgrades, Google Earth now has 15 percent of the seafloor image derived from shipboard soundings at 1-kilometer resolution. Previous versions only derived about 10 percent of their data from ship soundings and the rest from depths predicted by Sandwell and NOAA researcher Walter Smith using satellite gravity measurements.

______beforeitsnews/story/1712/554/Discovery_Of_Atlantis_Corrected_As_Google_Earth_Ocean_Terrain_Receives_Major_Update.html

1km resolution is not really very good for finding relics. There is a bit more undersea terrain available at that resolution though. But because of the cleaning up of the original Google goofs, there may be fewer false alarms.

You can get a look at the new stuff here:
www.hydro-international.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thanks Phage will take a look

top topics

join