It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Special" Nevada Jewish Caucus-Dominated by Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So a few RP supporters went to this caucus intentionally?

I believe you can only vote at a caucus where you live correct? If so, how can you say they intentionally "flooded" this one caucus?

Does having a caucus only for folks of certain religions violate laws?

What about a donor of Gingrich hosting a caucus at his school?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was at a caucus in North Las Vegas yesterday morning, and it was complete disfunction! There was no official monitor in my caucus and the poor lady that volunteered to run the caucus was overwhelmed. I don't know who voted for who but there were at least three times as many Ron Paul supporters that got up to speak for him, compared to who spoke for the other candidates. There was only one guy who spoke for Newt Gingrich, and he gave the stupid lesser of two evils argument. Overall I got the impression that the process was a poorly planned formality, and the GOP was going to do what it wants to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

So a few RP supporters went to this caucus intentionally?

I believe you can only vote at a caucus where you live correct? If so, how can you say they intentionally "flooded" this one caucus?

In this "special" caucus from my understanding, you didn't have to live in the presinct...you just had to sign a statement saying you missed your caucus for "religous reasons".

I don't know why you are battling this. Multiple places are reporting that it was Ron Paul's own campaign that urged his supporters to go to this caucus.

www.cbsnews.com...

Most had come at the urging of the Ron Paul campaign, which had placed calls to its supporters informing them of the "second chance" to vote Saturday night.

"I received probably 10 phone calls today saying if you didn't make it this morning to your caucus, you can come down here - 30 minutes away from my home - and they would let you vote, get a second chance at it," said 23-year-old Henderson resident Michael DiCicco, a Paul supporter who said he was not aware the late caucus was reserved solely for those who practice certain religions. "It's discrimination."

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by freedom12

You could try to read the article I linked. There are quotes from Ron Paul supporters who admit that they came to this late night caucus specifically to flood it with Ron Paul supporters.

The Ron Paul supporters is what caused that caucus to be so confusing and late...they were not expecting that many people...and it caused problems.

For all that Ron Paul supporters cry about fraud and problems with the caucus...they were directly responsible for causing the chaos at this one.

So when they admit that they intentionally flooded this caucus...it takes away any correlation to being able to say that the Jewish community supports Ron Paul.

People aren't stupid...they see exactly what you and others are trying to do. It is no different than people quoting internet polls to claim that Ron Paul is more popular than he is.

Oh look another thread about Ron Paul and there you are again. Seriously is this your day job? As I stated before, sell it, and keep trying to sell it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'll concede there was an effort made to get RP's voters out as I'm sure all candidates did.

What about my 2 other questions I reposted?

Should there be campaign signs for Romney at the place were they are doing the Clark county recount?

Bottom left.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Caucuses are party run events...not government run elections.

There are no "laws" to break...they don't even have to have a primary/caucus....there is no law that says they have to. Most aren't binding anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

We are a land of laws OutKast.

Of course there are laws that could have been violated. If there were no laws for these events, why the need for so many lawyers to oversee the counting process in Clark county right now?

Latest update from Clark county......counting is continuing and they hope to have a "final" tally sometime before midnite.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What I dont understand is why all counties arent run like in the video, with a camera recording as they count all the votes and people watching to confirm them. Then we as the people can figure it all out before the media. We should demand open vote counting.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Your attempt at crashing every Ron Paul thread is pitiful at best. Even if he wins a caucus you'll come swooping in with more contrived garbage that isn't based on facts. But rather very broad assumptions. The ironic thing is, there may be fewer Ron Paul supporters although passionate; but they at-least have their mind in the right place.

Obama on the other hand, still has many more supporters; some of whom are also passionate. The difference is their passion is partisan apologist syndrome --- ignorance. Anyone who vouches for a president that enshrines assassination, indefinite detention & is backed by the special interest; their minds are lost. You embrace insanity.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

We are a land of laws OutKast.

Of course there are laws that could have been violated. If there were no laws for these events, why the need for so many lawyers to oversee the counting process in Clark county right now?

Latest update from Clark county......counting is continuing and they hope to have a "final" tally sometime before midnite.

Freedom, Outkast is correct on this issue in regarding that the Caucus is a party held event. The "laws" that they must abide by are their own "by-laws". The government, local or state, has no say in how they conduct these.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You are exactly right ! We are worrying over nothing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with America's election process. Nobody would ever cheat because these are all honest people. This flawless system has never and will never fail.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Lets pretend for a minute that Dr. Paul will win. I really hope he does, dont really see it happening but I'd like too. So lets say he gets elected by popular vote. Then they will just go with the whole "Electoral College" vote like they did to Mr. Gore in 2000.

Like I said, i'd like to see it, but TPTB are gonna make sure one of their puppets gets elected.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, some more votes are finally being added to the totals.

With 82% reporting-

Romney
48.4%

Gingrich
21.9%

Paul
18.9%

Santorum
10.6%

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that with Clark County being the most populated county in the state the vote totals that are now coming in are barely, if at all, changing the percentage proportions. I mean only half of the vote, at least 20,000 votes, comes from here and they tabulate with virtually no change. INTERESTING!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dumschidt
Isn't it interesting that with Clark County being the most populated county in the state the vote totals that are now coming in are barely, if at all, changing the percentage proportions. I mean only half of the vote, at least 20,000 votes, comes from here and they tabulate with virtually no change. INTERESTING!

It matters not that the county is the most populace. It matters how many registered Republican voters actually participated in the Caucus.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dumschidt

Most worriesome stat in this whole mess to me is, in 2008, Dr Paul got over 6000 votes in Nevada.

Why does this matter you may ask? Because every state that has voted so far, Dr Paul has increased his vote count significantly.

2008 vs 2012-
Iowa: 10% to 21.4%, an increase of x2.1
NH: 7.7% to 22.9%, an increase of almost x3
SC: 3.7% to 13%, an increase of x3.5
FL: 3.2% to 7%, an increase of x2.18

So for Dr Paul to note increase his vote count in Nevada, it would seem impossible. S

Something terribly fishy is going on in Nevada. There's one thing you ever hear..."I used to be a Ron Paul supporter".

What happened??

edit on 5-2-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Absolutely agree.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Probably not:

The Secretary of State plays a limited role in the caucus process. A caucus is governed by rules established by a political party. The Secretary of State's office will provide both parties with the official registration file for the allocation of delegates, assist both of the parties in ensuring that any applicable federal and state election laws are enforced, and insure that all eligible voters who qualify pursuant to the respective political party rules have the ability to participate.

From the Nevada Secretary of State.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Are you comparing actual primary numbers to caucus numbers? Apples to oranges in terms of statistics.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well, some more votes are finally being added to the totals.

With 82% of precincts reporting-
Look at that ^^^^
Romney
48.4%

Gingrich
21.9%

Paul
18.9%

Santorum
10.6%

Fixed it for you

Lets see... 17 precincts... divided by 100 equals... 0.17

So 82 multiplied by 0.17 is... 13.94... or about 14 precincts...

So that right there means 14 out of the 17 precincts are reporting.

It's not 82% of the total votes remember... its the total precincts

The Clark precinct probably isn't among the reported precincts due to the recount.

So even though CNN "projected" Mitt Romney to win, most of the votes aren't even in yet

Some of the Ron Paul supporters may have not properly voted due to being mislead that Clark county was their "second chance" to go out and vote.

However, the Ron Paul supporters that showed up may have swayed the voting populace to vote for Ron Paul due to their sheer numbers/concentration in the area.

Ron Paul supporters never miss a chance to speak up either.

EDIT: Realized I was pointing out the obvious

Latest from AP:

Feb 04, 2012 (87% of precincts reporting)

Mitt Romney 14,535 49.4%

Newt Gingrich 6,371 21.6%

Ron Paul 5,457 18.5%

Rick Santorum 3,079 10.5%

Other 0 0%
edit on 5-2-2012 by Elzon because: Pointing out the obvious+latest info

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join