It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do we go If were invaded?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Seanwalsh

I'd stay right where I am. Small town 4-5 hours from denver. Closest large population center is about 2.5 hours away. Plenty of food, animals for hunting, and gun shops around. They'd get just close enough to see our muzzel flashes, and that would end it.

I love being in the center of the country.

Although, now that I think about it I've heard that there are missile silos around here so if they could manage to get a bomb in here it might not be so safe after all. I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
although this question is kinda general i have to say..
think about what you are asking.
and do some research on the american resiliance to maintaining freedom..
Iran? really?.. not even china will take over this country.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Seanwalsh

Where do you feeI safe and feel you have a chance to survive: The woods , beach area, northern U.S. plains, mountains in West. I live in Florida Gulf Coast area and own alot of property but I spent twenty-four years in teaching cryptography, special ops and survival in the high desert, cascades, and plains of U.S. I feel that the midwest U.S. will be my gameplan and for three families besides my wife and myself. Live off the land and whatever we can scrounge and carry with us. You need to have three escape plans: Primary (if able to evade), 1st secondary (If primary escape route is blocked) and 2nd secondary (If primary and 1st secondary blocked).
pLAN FOR MINIMUM OF 3 MEALS AND 3 DAYS(9 MEALS) and 3 day supply of water). Does it work, probably! (Qualifications: I was 18 years old when I went to Vietnam (after survival school(jungle), went through the Turkish (Desert) Survival School in Turkey, and taught desert training (won't go into detail) in the desert and became a Master Technical Instructor and Instructor Supervisor It all isn't that bad inless you think it is than you are defeated!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Seriously, though. Invasion. Cha right.
Invasion is almost a .000000001% possibility.

that's what they thought about an attack on Pearl Harbor too.

Um. no. Japan was a major expansionist power that was a threat to any island in the Pacific.
And records from both Japan and Germany revealed that both nations studied the possibility of invasion of the mainland US but both decided it was impractical because the civilian population was so well armed.
There is no chance of foreign invasion of the US. Unless you include the already successful invasion of the Department of Homeland Security, which is a definite high level threat to patriotic Americans. The US Government is the ultimate threat to America.
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you believe China or Iran is a real invasion threat, you are far more dangerous to true patriotic Americans than any raghead or commie.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I would stay right where I am. I live in a small town of about 700 people in North Dakota about an hour from Bismarck. We have plenty of weaponry in my home and there is plenty of wildlife to live off of here. On any giving day I see between 5 and 10 deer out on the prairie not to mention Pheasant, Grouse and fowl. The people in my state for the most part take a lot of pride in gun ownership and outdoor survival skills.

I have been preparing for rough times for some years now whether it be invasion, but more in the form of social collapse. I currently have about 10,000 rounds of ammo stockpiled between my. 308 and. 223 rounds and have SHTF plans laid out with my family. One of the great things about living in the northern great plains is the fact that you can see for miles across the horizon which gives a great advantage when it comes to being prepared. Close quarter urban combat is very risky.

However, regardless of how prepared myself or anyone else is, your ability.to survive os highly dependent on the type of invasion/ calamity you are facing. IMHO any invasion of America will be in the form of terrorist/fireplace tactics and not a full blown military occupation.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Sorry... Which part will get one caught or captured? If there are invading troops on the ground in your country (Americans, this includes you.) your best chance of survival (if they're not, like cavtrooper mentioned, killing everyone) is to avoid giving them a reason to target you. If you have a rifle, you are a threat, and will probably be killed.

Rifles are good, and all, but you will have to get somewhere safe first.

If there are troops on the ground, that means they've already gotten past your country's first lines of defence. What chance do you think a single go-getter with a hunting rifle will have against a well-trained military?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seanwalsh
If in conflict with Iran continues going down the path we are on there is a strong chance that we will be invaded. On US soil. Maybe not by Iranians but from someone. So my question for you is, where do you go? Cities are safe in the sense that they have lots of hiding places, but unsafe because that's where people tend to go, not into the suburbs. Do you hide or fight?

edit on 5-2-2012 by Seanwalsh because: (no reason given)

Into the fight, obviously. Why is everyone such a chicken sh*t?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
...... What chance do you think a single go-getter with a hunting rifle will have against a well-trained military?

Well, since this "single go-getter" has eleven years military experience (and a good understanding of the local terrain), all I need to do is meet up with the many other friends and family members who have similar knowledge/experience.

20 guys with deer rifles, who know the terrain, and have prior combat experience.......yea, I believe we can make a dent.

Also add in the family members/ friends that are skilled hunters, who will join those of us with military experience. (oops, we just went from 20 to about 100)

So now we have an element that know the lay of the land, are skilled with firearms, and are about the size of 1/2 a company.

ya better bring the entire battalion against us bro, because just one company ain't gonna cut it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
American veterans ARE the best trained and blooded military in the world,from WWII to the last guy who just retired from DELTA, we just lack effective conditioning and are limited mostly to small arms engagements .Although after we take enemy equipment from the invader that will change.Without an overwhelming factor,nukes,chems or all western nations uniting against us,an invasion would fail and make the US more militant than it is now.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There won't be an invasion. WW3, yes, but no invasion. Any country that tried to actually invade the US would die in a nuclear fireball.

That could happen. Someone could and probably will try to invade, but the end results are no winners and no troops making it on the ground with boots.

At the first signs of invasion, the invading country would be turned to glass.
And so would parts of the US and the rest of the world too, I am sure.

Invasion and occupation is impossible.
The only things certain is death and taxes..lol

But if it did happen, I would head as far into a national forest as I could with my family and live grizzly Adam's style for a while.

edit on 8-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was going to go into detail about plans I have considered, but since you insist on bombarding us with Iran this and Iran that, I will just say this.

No where, they are like super duper and we can't do anything to them. There is no place to hide. The super duper nukes they want can see you hiding in caves and mountains and get you.

If I see another Iran anything, I am going to calmly get up from where ever I am, walk out the door, hail a cab, go to the airport, book a flight to china, eat a burrito while I wait for my flight, walk off the plane, hail another cab, find a law firm that specializes in immigration, and start the process to apply for citizenship.

OMFG

edit on 8-2-2012 by casenately because: !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join