It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-19 revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I know it's Rense but the article is still interesting.Here's the link

F-19 revealed

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Great article. I knew it! The F-19 really did exist, the way many envisioned it.

The only thing is, how'd they have it by 1979? Have Blue wasn't even built until 1978.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yeah its a good read.

But what that pilot was describing sounds a lot like the F-117? except of couse the whole bottom stabalizer, but matbe its bomb bay doors where open? BTW, is this real, or just all speculation.

I dont think the USAF would just skip a number going from F-18 to F-20.

So I think the F-117 is based off of the F-19, and they kinds snuck in the name to, 1+1+7=9 / F-117 F-19, get it.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm a little confused, the article doesn't (and I didnt' read it thuroughly) have any information from after the 90s right? And the illustration, its from a sighting in 1979 by a sr71 pilot who at teh time was flying a private lear jet. Was it supposed to have just been released now? Why the delay?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Its a good story but...It's Rense.com

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
Its a good story but...It's Rense.com

HAHAHA!

So true - I give Rense

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i give it a
, trying to resurect the old f-19 story plz, maybe they have a bunch of old f-19 sets they want to sell!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Understanding how the USAF assigns designations to aircraft, I am willing to bet it was the public/press who thought the Have Blue/YF-117 were going to be given F-19. Due to its 'bombing' precision strike capacity, it makes sense to give it the 117 (note of the F-111 which was in a similiar role).

Its just my two cents...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Its Rense, so its nothing real and besides that design wouldnt be very effective. Even more so it would be extremely inaffective(sp?) as a fighter. The F-19 could just be a mistake and skipped. But id say it was a secret aircraft and it has either been declassified as something else or declasssified as a cover dtory for example the F-118 i guess could be a cover for the F-19, I highly doubt thats the case but im saying it could be a secret aircraft with something for a cover.

posted on May, 23 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: phantompatriot
Its Rense, so its nothing real and besides that design wouldnt be very effective. Even more so it would be extremely inaffective(sp?) as a fighter. The F-19 could just be a mistake and skipped. But id say it was a secret aircraft and it has either been declassified as something else or declasssified as a cover dtory for example the F-118 i guess could be a cover for the F-19, I highly doubt thats the case but im saying it could be a secret aircraft with something for a cover.

The McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Bird of Prey was given the cover designation YF-118G in accordance with the USAF tendency to assign cover designations for aircraft secretly tested in Nevada or captured/defected Soviet MiGs brought to Nevada by evaluation by the USAF.

As noted by Andreas Parsch, Northrop wanted the F-5G Tigershark to be designated F-20 to avoid confusion between an "F-19A" and a MiG-19, and that even though the F-19 designation was requested by USAF Standards Branch for the Tigershark, the DoD ignored the USAF Standards Branch's request and formally approved the F-20 designation for the Tigershark.

new topics

top topics

join