It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the report from the front line of FUKUSHIMA-City!

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

This is the report from the front line of FUKUSHIMA.

This Jewel was found yesterday by AC but got lost,
i think this is an important Document:

edit on 5-2-2012 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I weep for Japan, and for earth.

"Official" sources would have you believe that the immediate area could be uninhabitable for 20 years.......

I wouldn't want to live/travel there for at least a million

We don't really even know how long the fallout will last, or to what extent it will meddle with the DNA of the people who live in/near Fukushima - Or the rest of the world for that matter.

Its really telling, not just the Japanese governments response to this Crisis (or apparent lack thereof) - but the Western media and leaders have played this down very much so.

I think they should have evacuated much of the area straight away - but while people have been kept in the high radiation zones, the Japanese government should have organised civilian clean up crews - to try to combat a small part of the problem, and to help make safe the peoples living spaces.

What has this world come to (or always been)..........

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus

I think they should have evacuated much of the area straight away - but while people have been kept in the high radiation zones, the Japanese government should have organised civilian clean up crews - to try to combat a small part of the problem, and to help make safe the peoples living spaces.

Don't weep, be Rational and Optimistic

The World can't be killed by this Incident and Nature always find a Way, trust me,
the Nature is like us Humans - we also find Ways to survive in a Gulag!

There is a lot of "Decontamination" going on,
even our Self-Defence Force is active.

And until now we have a lot of Luck, trust me!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

The World can't be killed by this Incident and Nature always find a Way, trust me,

erm! Sorry to disagree, but how can these local families have any kind of optimism having to live like this? The reality is, as clearly stated in this video report, that children and adults face exposure to harmful levels of radiation! In such circumstances how can they have any optimism? Yes, we who are far away can make inane comments like ohhh nature always finds away! While nature will of course survive this, a fragile generation of human beings in the affected areas may well have to suffer awfully in the near future.

The video is not about how wonderful nature always recovers. It is about communities being forsaken by the authorities in the wake of those nuclear accidents at the Fukushima Plant.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What I can't understand is, if these people know that the radiation levels are so high and understand the consequences to themselves and future generations of their families, why they stay there! I don't mean this derogatorily for the families there but, if it were you and your family, wouldn't you do anything to get your family away from there? I realize that economics have a lot to do with people's ability to just up and move, but if it were me, economics wouldn't even enter into it.

I really don't understand the mentality here.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by Human0815

erm! Sorry to disagree, but how can these local families have any kind of optimism having to live like this? The reality is, as clearly stated in this video report, that children and adults face exposure to harmful levels of radiation! In such circumstances how can they have any optimism? Yes, we who are far away can make inane comments like ohhh nature always finds away! While nature will of course survive this, a fragile generation of human beings in the affected areas may well have to suffer awfully in the near future.

The video is not about how wonderful nature always recovers. It is about communities being forsaken by the authorities in the wake of those nuclear accidents at the Fukushima Plant.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

This was addressed to Soapusmaximus and not to the Family who was portrait here,
they need to send away the Kids not only for the Nights
but something in this Family don't seems right
because we do not saw the Parents,
maybe they get lost in the Tsunami or have Problems!

Also we just saw the small Hot Spot but not the amount of Radiation inside
of their Living Environment, this would be very important!

This Family, as well as all the other ones who face a amount higher than 0.250-0.300 uSv/h
are advised (by me) to leave that Area for a Decontamination,
they need to clean at least until the Level of 0.2500 uSv/h!
edit on 5-2-2012 by Human0815 because: spell

edit on 5-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Human0815 is in Japan, so has a much more personal connection to this crisis than most.

The people there literally have no where else to go, there is only so much space on the island and many have been in the same vicinity for generations.

The government and Tepco are being allowed to handle the disaster in their own way.

The people want to retun to life as normally as they can.

Shikata Ga Nai as they say. So may as well make the best of it. We may see it as a form a fatalism, but the Japanese see it as beig in harmony with the world around them.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
What I can't understand is, if these people know that the radiation levels are so high and understand the consequences to themselves and future generations of their families, why they stay there! I don't mean this derogatorily for the families there but, if it were you and your family, wouldn't you do anything to get your family away from there? I realize that economics have a lot to do with people's ability to just up and move, but if it were me, economics wouldn't even enter into it.

I really don't understand the mentality here.

This is a important and interesting question,
i worked on this already since a few Months

I think many People here in Japan who not already immigrated to the big Towns like Tokyo or Osaka
are very attached to their ancestral Land, this Land is a part of their Identity,
we have a saying here:

"It is better to die in your "own burning Castle" than "living somewhere" in Misery"

Also the People here have a Mentality of:

"Shoganai"

(Let it be!)

But let us compare "them" with us too,
what is the difference between "us" and "them"?

Why do we not walk through all the Instances to be "Political Power"?
Why we are not standing in front of the Court to fight against the Nuclear Complex?
Why we are not standing on the Barricades to fight the People who build this Plants?

We are all the Citizens of F'Shima,
maybe not today but we never know what is happen tomorrow,
maybe in one Week you will envy this People for their low amount of Radiation!!!
edit on 5-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This and Chernobyl. Prime examples of just why this world DOESNT need any more nuclear energy!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well its plain to see that any amount of this hot stuff can be fatal even years down the line....
The goverments of the world who have permitted this atomic energy to proliferate have given in to expediency and bribery.
The truth will out sooner or later...just how corrupt the human beings who co opt the people with lies and deception...
History if not the courts will find them out and paint them as the monsters they are for all time....
The people need to unite in this place, and to speak to the rest of the world with one voive, bypassing their goverment, and apealling to the UN for assistance.....
This is a world disaster not a japanese one....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Great doc op S&F i feel for Japan
I would like to add i am sure i heard somewhere that there a types of fungi an plants that can help clean radiation from soil etc. I will dig it up and post when i have time.

Indisputable

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

i belive that is what they want(tptb)
we all lie helpless in being able to help because you don't hear about fukishima on msm.
you ccan't help lies and deception.
so who is lying to us

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If the governments truly cared about the people in the most immediate danger- the ones living there, I would have hoped that collectively they could have assisted further (if thats possible) in containing the leaks, and possible further relocation if the families wanted that. I don't know but only hearing one side of the story most times if at all. It is hardly ever mentioned on the news yet we are worried about the middle east and a confrontation with Iran.

To me it seems that the big military industrial complex needs to continue aggressive behaviour in foreign countries to keep maximizing profits.This corporate thinking is going to be the end of them.If we could expended the resources to solve the Fusihima disaster this would be good karma. Not to mention, for the next one.

Nuclear leaks are one of the events that the media doesn't cover and the governments don't like to talk about.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You'll never understand the mentality in Japan unless you understand the culture and history. You could never compare a family who lived in a certain part of the country for generations/hundreds of years, to a family of immigrants who may have moved to the U.S. or some other 'land of opportunity' a couple of generations ago.

Where do you expect these people to go? In most cases, these people can only live where they are now because they are what make up the local businesses, small companies, agricultural industry on a small community level only. You take that away from them, they have nothing. Even if they left, most of them wouldn't be able to afford to live in the big cities, nor work for the major corporations.

MAYBE the younger generation of people could try moving out and start new lives in other parts of the country, but it wouldn't be easy...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Spoken like a good TEPCO Executive. How long have you worked there?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Spoken like a good TEPCO Executive. How long have you worked there?

Isn't a little bit arrogant what you are saying?

You should reflect a little bit of what you are saying!

You are not able to understand how it is to live inside of the Crisis 24/7 for already 11 Months,
we have to find our own ways to cope with this fragile and Life endangered Situation,
my Way is to face the Facts from scientific Sources, to face the Facts of Experience
and most important- to be Optimistic because of Life, our Planet and the whole System is wonderful!

Deny Ignorance and always search for the Truth!

edit on 6-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Quite a sobering video! I am not going to judge the disaster response, mitigation efforts, or the peoples' actions during this time of crisis. It is not my place, and I can only imagine what the nation of Japan is going through at the moment.

It is easy for us to point fingers, judge, and even ridicule others for how they react to periods of crisis. None of us can truly appreciate the horror, sacrifice, and hopelessness associated with the ongoing disaster affecting Japan. I actually applaud the steadfast determination of the Japanese people against insurmountable odds. All any normal person can do is just survive, and go on living. No use being depressed all the time, paranoid, or feeling sorry for one's self. It is counterproductive, and does more harm than good.

I think all of us can learn a thing or two from Japanese when crisis of this proportion affects us. We are talking about the worst industrial disaster in history, and probably one of worst natural disasters this century. Quite a heavy load for anyone to place on their shoulders. They have conducted themselves with honor, dignity, and a steadfast determination to see this thing through. The people in Fukushima City are doing what they need to do to survive. Just my two cents.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I just wanted to point this out - even though I am sure you are all aware.

Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus have been burdened with the continuing and substantial decontamination and health care costs of the Chernobyl accident. A report of the International Atomic Energy Agency,[7] examines the environmental consequences of the accident. Estimates of the number of deaths potentially resulting from the accident vary enormously: Thirty one deaths are directly attributed to the accident, all among the reactor staff and emergency workers.[10] A UNSCEAR report places the total confirmed deaths from radiation at 64 as of 2008. The World Health Organization (WHO) suggests it could reach 4,000 civilian deaths, a figure which does not include military clean-up worker casualties.[11] A 2006 report predicted 30,000 to 60,000 cancer deaths as a result of Chernobyl fallout.[12] A Greenpeace report puts this figure at 200,000 or more.[13] A Russian publication, Chernobyl, concludes that 985,000 premature cancer deaths occurred worldwide between 1986 and 2004 as a result of radioactive contamination from Chernobyl.[14]

And these are all still guesses nearly 26 years on.

I appreciate your uplifting words Human0815 - but we don't know how big this could be , its the worldwide cancer deaths I am really worried about - Fukushima is still leaking, months after the fact.

I fear this event (Fukushima), is the first hiccup down a long road to ruin - For Humans and Earth.

Good luck - Expect the worst but hope for the best

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Maybe it's the shock of it all that keeps them from seeing things as they really are. Plenty of Americans are blind to the blatant deception of the Am. government against its own people. When 9/11 happened, most people were so quick to lap up the official story and blame someone else. I believe it was too much for them to bear that the real terrorists would be so close to home and actually the ones running the show.

Quite simply, it is the symptom of "wanting to believe." Under intense stress, people take comfort in many forms.

Another example (that includes my personal opinion, by the way):
people die, we say they have "gone to a better place"...or people believe they will "reincarnate" because the idea of an ever-ending death is too much to bear.

new topics

top topics

join