It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US threatens Sweden with watch list sanctions if they don’t prosecute The Pirate Bay.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

That's absolutely right! Our government thinks it's just the best thing out there and it can just boss everyone else around. Eventually though, one of the little guys is going to throw a hard punch.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium
Right then, if we have to be part of this EU rubbish, it's time to come together as Europeans and defend Sweden and the Swedes from American aggression. America is a coward nation, too scared to go to war with real powers, let's see how they face up to a united Europe.

Starting with their little missile system, we should be evicting the US from our lands.
edit on 5-2-2012 by staticarium because: (no reason given)

America is not a coward nation, although our govt could be seen as such, but we appreciate the distinction between the people and our govt.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Meh - I'm an American and I don't care if you guys trade files across the pond. Heck, I don't care that people do it here.

What I'm getting at is this - It isn't "Americans" as in me or the folks that live on my street that are giving you trouble. Truth be told, we are probably pretty much like the folks on your street. We get up, go to work, come home, have some dinner and TV or whatever and then off to bed to do the same thing again tomorrow to keep a roof over our heads, food in our mouths and the kids in school. Sometimes we go out to dinner or what-not but that's about.

Honestly, I can't tell you one American that I personally know that gives a rat's rear if Sweden allows file sharing or not. I could call up Washington DC right now and say - HEY! Leave Sweden alone! But it wouldn't do any good I think.

I don't know anyone in the US Government or more importantly in any of the company HQ's of the big companies that pretty much own the US Government.

Its the companies that don't want you sharing files because they want $$$. Lots of $$$. The US Government is basically just acting as enforcer for the companies. Yeah yeah yeah - vote them out. We tried that with going from Bush to Obama. Looks like the new boss turned out pretty much the same as the old boss.

But, there is an election coming up - maybe we won't get fooled again. Ooops.. I hope some big media-conglomerate doesn't own copyright on that phrase.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

This is like saying that because Marijuana is illegal in America, it should be illegal everywhere. For the record, file sharing is not piracy because the original file is duplicated, not stolen, not changed or tampered with. We should be welcoming file sharing with open arms, not waging a war against it.

Technology has allowed us to replace spoken message with letters, letters with telegrams, telegrams with telephones, telephones with cellphones; clay and stone tablets with papyrus and velum, papyrus and velum with modern paper, the wedge with ink and pen, ink and pen with typeface, and so on. Now that we're in a digital age, it is only natural for the old ways of sharing files to meet a slow and painful death.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

This is because our sham of a demockracy is actually a capitalist oligarchy. "We the people" are unwanted and ignored.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The United states just loves to control everything

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
first off great post

secondly does the us only have power over .com .net and .org domains as you referred in the first page?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If pirate goes it all goes we need to put the foot down RIGHT now on this issue. For once they get the ball rolling it aint stopping till it's done...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Originally posted by staticarium
This isn't a discussion. Americans out of Europe now.

Hey, I don't see any Americans on this site telling any Euros to get out of the USA.

I am all for getting the US Government out of Europe (and the rest of the world for that matter...)

But let's not make this about the people. Every time I visit Europe I get enough hate thrown at me just for being American as it is...

Hate the government if you want to... but let's spread some love for the average people.

heck, I'm all for getting the American government out of America. Seriously, what gives my country the right to dictate to ohter countries what they can/cannot do? Yeesh...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I am not American or caucasian for the records but it is just plain absurd to point the finger on ordinary American folks. Why should the ordinary person get the brickbats. Except for the few who advocate muscle flexing the majority of Americans are peace loving and helpful. They even saved the Iranians from Somali pirates. USS Kidd the Arleigh Burke class destroyer involved called at our port on its way back to San Diego. The commander is a woman.
I may not agree with its foreign policy but I like watching Oprah Winfrey, Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart. Good American women second to none. These women should head the government

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join