It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto quits as GM results announced (EUROPE)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If true, good riddance.

I don't despise Monsanto for trying to create GM seeds. I despise them for forcing the farmers to become lifelong customers by selling seeds for sterile plants that constantly need specific Monsanto chemicals in order to survive, forcing the farmers to pay always more for yields that are actually not that good.

Bio-engineering as it's worst.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

The company blamed the failure in the growth of a market in hybrid wheat seeds for the decision, saying it had "failed to materialise".

I blame the fact that more people are finally catching on to the blatant corruption performed by these (THIS) companies, and the more widespread they become, the more likely they are to be "caught" and shut down.

When you already control the wealthiest country on the planet, why take additional risks, right?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gramps007

Quite simply 'Heirloom' varieties, ie. those plant strains that have lived and evolved for millenia.

And as an opinion on 'heirloom's', ....they are plantlife from their orriginal areas where they were indiginious. What had been the regional variation of that particular plant. Having been regional, they aquired deffences against certain disease o bugs and though the harvests were less than genetically modified plant life, their immunities were better suited for their environment.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Thanks for clearing that up. Very odd how the article has been regurgitated as new by several newspapers. I guess it's a sign of our terrible they are at their job now: A competitor runs a story, so immediately they run it too, without even checking the dates!

Journalism? I think not.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Does anyone know of a list of non-monsanto food brands?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
Does anyone know of a list of non-monsanto food brands?

Here ya go dude or dudette...this will help a little.

www.scribd.com...

edit on 2/6/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I sure hope this means they're out for good - not just positioning to regroup and try again. Also hope other countries follow suit and kick up a big stink. 'Bout time.

Great catch. S&F&

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
For tens of thousands of years mankind grew their crops, and was able to obtain their seeds the way mother nature had intended her plants to do so. What has changed? First and foremost greed. Bio-engineered crops have no advantage whatsoever. All these pseudo crops do is put the small farmers out of business who have been working their fields for many generations. Support your local dairy and fresh crop farmers.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

The reason you have not seen this could be because the date on the original article is from 2003...I would wager the situation is different now....this may not be correct anymore..could merit a new investigation..
edit on 7-2-2012 by bl8ant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join