It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The West.. Stop Worshipping Youth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In the west it seems that if its not new then its boring and irrelevant..

People go to extreme meassures to look young and recapture their "lost youth", spend fortunes doing it and in the end are no better off than before.

The old are seen as "past it" with nothing to add to society, whilst the young are elivated..

I can say for certain that the youth most certainly have a voice, however most of the time it comes from ill experience with no basis in reality. This is why we are in a situation where relatively young policy makers are making a huge mess of things.

Those ignored voices of the older generation shout loudly with ways to fix the mistake. Advice that comes with real experience and hard learning.

Stop celebrating youth and start celebrating growing older.. Be proud of your greying hair and wrinkles. Each one is a battle fought and won, those laughter lines are testiment to how much you have laughed, and those frown lines are the before laughter lines, frowning at young fools with no clue.. Those lines say "I survived"

Whilst the west declines as the kids run riot, the east, who listens to its elders, who can keep its family together, are on the up..

Maybe there is a lesson there somewhere
edit on 5-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It's a disgrace how we treat our elderly population in this country. Once we feel they have served their purpose we cart them off to care homes where many are left to be mistreated and patronised. People are so scarred of getting older we prefer to hide them away and pretend it wont happen to us.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
i agree,old buggers of the world unite!i laugh at all the u.k. parties going on about youth unemployment,what about the rest of the unemployed?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

The less likely to riot you are the less they care about you.

Whats needed is a pensioner protest. Maybe when the weather is warmer eh?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
i agree,old buggers of the world unite!i laugh at all the u.k. parties going on about youth unemployment,what about the rest of the unemployed?

Five to one, baby
One in five
No one here gets out alive, now
You get yours, baby
I'll get mine
Gonna make it, baby
If we try

The old get old
And the young get stronger
May take a week
And it may take longer
They got the guns
But we got the numbers
Gonna win, yeah
We're takin' over
Come on!

Yeah! - The Doors

You Baby Boomers had your fun.
There is still too many of you

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Quite!

Now we are in a situation where we all will be working into our seventies, and the majority population is getting older..

Yet people such as those useless muppets on TOWIE get elivated... Truth is, most of those elderly people have more go and more experience in their little finger than all of those numpties put together.

There is no justice
edit on 5-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

There is no justice in the world when the quite simply mentally retarded cast of TOWIE have been able to become so successful. It pains me to see the amount of money being thrown at these numpties.

I mean this guy is so stupid it's not true, yet the guy has been elevated as some sort of celebrity with a talent. It's such a bad side of the UK and makes me very depressed these fools are put in the spot light. It's promoting thickness and materialism as something to aspire to..

warning video may induce vomitting

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Where do the old go get their experince from?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

Life of course.

Which goes far more smoothly if you listen to your elders btw

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

So if I live life at some point I will have th knowledge of how to run a country? I do not think it works like that. I think the experince needed to run a country is very specific and can not just be drawn out of living life. and btw I disagree I listened to my elders it hasn't helped actually made things worse maybe the elders need to keep to themselves untill they are more experinced.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

While I do agree that we "overlook" and ignore the elderly in this country and really don't treat them with much respect, the same can actually be said about the youth.

The young people in the Country are demonised and criticised constantly by politicians, by police, by all manner of people.

I think if you're young OR old in this country... then you're kinda screwed.

I don't really fit in either of those groups but I feel for both.

People look at the youth like they're dangerous and may rob them at any minute...

People look at the old like they're past it and unimportant.

Both groups have amazing ideas, stories and contributions to make to society.

Most people know this, but too many let the Media make their minds up for them, they allow their opinions to be shaped and formed by MSM and this is divisive and we all look at each other with suspicion instead of compassion.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Young people are more likely to be violent, sometimes lashing out at an undeserving person.

Old people are more likely to throw the book at you, sometimes affecting undeserving people.

I hate them both.

There is nothing special about age, plenty of 30 year olds have learned/experienced a lot more than some 50 year olds and visa versa. Instead of listening to elders maybe try to listen to people who have some common sense and can think correctly without being motivated by self-promotion or some other manipulation. It depends on the character of the person as an individual, not how old they are etc.

Mostly old people are (and have been) running this show now, look around you and judge for yourself.

You can talk about how much greater the East is all day long, they have their own problems just like everyone. A lot of them a lot worse than any in the West.
edit on 5-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't consider the elderly irrelevant. I do, however, view them as often being fascist and otherwise corrupt. Not all of them are of course, by any means; but I've noticed that people tend to get more authoritarian as they grow older.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Our society sucks. People are disgusting and cutthroat and full of lies. Honesty is not considered a positive quality anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I hate them both

Really? You "Hate" them both? Its that kind of reckless hatred that has us in this position in the 1st place. Maybe if there was a little more back and forth caring instead of animosity things would change for the better.

I see you have a Ron Paul quote is your signature. Maybe you should revisit what he is all about, because it is certainly not hating 65% of the population.

Grow up and direct your hate to those who deserve it, the ones who created & perpetuate this throw-away culture

(This coming from a 22 year old)
edit on 6-2-2012 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Not quite a pensioner protest but perhaps a good example.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kester

Not quite a pensioner protest but perhaps a good example.

Interesting. Any idea what it was about? I'm curious.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The Guardian says...
"Disabled protesters clash with police in Bolivia
Group confronted riot officers, who prevented them reaching the legislature in La Paz to petition for a tripling of state subsidy"

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I very much respect my elders and their collective wisdom, BUT as I peruse your previous thread about the deficincies of government I can't seem to reconcile that with your current OP. I would offer vast majority of the worlds problems were caused by older generations, ya know the policy makers and voting public.

You see age certainly breeds wisdom but our elders veiled, ignorant, and unquestioning "wisdom" only perpetuated stereotyped unevolved systems within an evolving world, a 5-star recipe for March 17, 2012.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Not sure who you've been talking to, but in the west we worship the old, not the young. It's annoying really. I'm sorry if people trying to look their best bothers you.

Now that the baby boomers have reached retirement, worshiping the old is more popular than ever. Why do you think all of the political agenda's that fit the retired folks are so hot?
edit on 17-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join