It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATI/AMD CCC help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I need help to get Catalyst Control Center to work. I have 2 6950's in CF, one from gigabyte and one from XFX. When I installed the drivers from the CD (I bought the gigabyte one first and the second a few months later) Everything worked fine, think I even could update it to the first update that came along on ATI's website. After that, after I updated it the second time (and everyone after that) I can never get CCC to work! My computer starts working and try to open it but nothing happens.

I've written to ATI/AMD support and the only (and useless) help I got was their automatic response: Get drive-sweeper and use it after uninstall and install a clean copy.
Done that, a few times and with new updates... Never worked. The normal drivers work since I notice the FPS gain with some updates/CF profiles.

Trying to find some answers to fix this but asking here if someone with experience could help!

edit on 5-2-2012 by svante because: Pressed enter to soon

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Um, your post is absolutely empty?

If you're having trouble with an ATI product though, I suggest going to the ATI website and dowloading the most current drivers for your operating system.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Pressed enter to soon, my question is up now and I have contacted support like I now have said in the OP lol

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by svante

I can never get CCC to work!
I recently upgraded my PC and got a new ATI graphics card, first I installed the drivers and CCC on a system running Windows 7 64 bit and it worked fine. Then I tried installing the drivers and CCC on a 32 bit Windows 7 system and CCC wouldn't even install for me, I tried everything, but it would just freeze up half way through installing CCC. Eventually I got sick of trying and just ended up using ATI Tray Tools. I find it much better than CCC, and it uses much less system resources.
edit on 5-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by svante

Have you tried completely uninstalling Catalyst Control Center and re-installing it.
Uninstalling CCC won't/shouldn't uninstall the drivers for the GPUs, so, the drivers for the GPUs will still be installed, active and functioning. You can run fine without CCC with no ill effects.

You want CCC though, so, try uninstalling it totally first. After uninstalling it, do a run->dxdiag. dxdiag brings up the Direct X diagnosis window and will let you know if Direct X is doing anything wonky. Ensure to update your Direct X to the most current version.

After that, reinstall CCC.

You should also have an option to install older versions?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by svante

Have you tried completely uninstalling Catalyst Control Center and re-installing it.
Uninstalling CCC won't/shouldn't uninstall the drivers for the GPUs, so, the drivers for the GPUs will still be installed, active and functioning. You can run fine without CCC with no ill effects.

You want CCC though, so, try uninstalling it totally first. After uninstalling it, do a run->dxdiag. dxdiag brings up the Direct X diagnosis window and will let you know if Direct X is doing anything wonky. Ensure to update your Direct X to the most current version.

After that, reinstall CCC.

You should also have an option to install older versions?

Do what he said

And then if that works out and if you know what you are doing do this
edit on 5-2-2012 by JoshF because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join