It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COMRADES! LET us CENSOR ATS! Here are the APPROVED MEDIA OUTLETS! ALL other will be deleted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of lazy minds suggesting censorship, all over this forum.
I am sick and tired of character assassinations POSING as PROOF, when none is put forth or displaced.
People should actually read the articles referenced and put forth, not make prejudgements on their beliefs.
After reading, they should argue the POINTS of the ARTICLE, with criticism, skepticism, and even personal beliefs, if so referenced.
Today you propose the censorship of the daily mail, tommorow the wall street journal, whats next?
Censorship of words and scientific data?
Don't be a lazy mind!
Don't be a sheepable thinker!
If you, have something to say, if you have something to argue, make your points!
Do not PREJUDGE, but POSTJUDGE!
If you prejudge you are just showing your arrogance and ignorance in TRUE COLOR!
Use rationality and critical thinking.
Build an argument.
Don't just repeat the spoon fed mantra, or if you do, at least understand what you are writing!
Otherwise go to the religious forum, where only faith is needed.
Or go to the communist forum, with groupthink and CENSORSHIP.
Otherwise THINK, before zoo write!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

All I have to say is eff SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA, these governments are trying their very best to manipulate and control us to the point where it goes against the Consitution. First NOAA, then these pathetic bills. I am with you!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
your words speak the truth but sometimes, one will run across an link article or post and leave one speechless, form your post

if you, have something to say, if you have something to argue, make your points!
how can you when there not be words to say? would: "I can not believe this, can you?" , "what are they thinking!!!!?" "you have got to see this so here it is" as a lead up.
Closing: would "what is your thought" , "what do you think?" or"can this be real??????"
what do you think will that work????
edit on 5-2-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Yes, and here are the people, who would force their views upon you. Who would censor you, and force fed their view upon you, that they cannot defend, as they don't even understand it, just someone told them to - believe! and they did, spewing forth their propaganda and censorship mind.
obvious agents of the darkness, maybe government disinformation agents? or just plain dumb? who knows....? star for you!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

well many people on ats write long winded answers, with no substance.
many people take the words of others and repeat it ad infinitum.
even though it is blatantly false.
parroting is not thinking.
it is parroting.
that is not a unique viewpoint or intellectual debate.
it is propaganda.
off course one propaganda outlet would suggest censorship.
it is logical, for their voice to be louder, drowning out the voice of the many.

as for your recommendations, I will take them to heart.
now that is not debate, but it is an actually helpful observation and exchange of ideas.
thank you.

edit on 5-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Don't worry. People will wake up once they are limited in what they post on Facebook. THEN people will care. However, by then it may be to late...

Then again I suppose it would be deserved at that point... for most...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
And I thought this was going to be about leaving MSM out of links to sources and supporting them and such to hit them back for the recent sensorship bills passed. But, I guess that would be a terrorist act.......

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

i think Facebook is already censored, no?
but it will get worse, and one day they shall see, where it all leads to, then they will cry for GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION.
SAD state of affairs really.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Honestly I do not know. I apologize for submitting myself to ignorance... But I do not have a Facebook account and never have, so I kind of just made a blind statement.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

i am not sure either, but i do think they censor photos and links already.
but they do have a one sided agreement to back it all up.
its not a free for all.
they also keep your photos, mails, everything. forever.
off course censorship begins at home, or in the mind.
i am sure someone sometime soon, will be offended by something Facebook, and it will be censored.
off course when censorship takes the form of agreed upon standards accepted by the community it is fine, as long as outlets are available for those who wish to express different opinions.
but the one sided, unwarranted censorship of material is just wrong.
it is a rape of intelligence imo.
all the more need for free media, and forums.
but this is just a sidebar.
edit on 5-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

having glanced through your blog, thumps up.
now this is what we need more of....knowledge, information, exchange of ideas....not censorship.

top topics

join