It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When financial slavery becomes a murderous tool......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In 2008 I made $600 a week cash. I had basically everything I wanted. My business was doing good and so was I. Fast forward to now. I am lucky to get $200 a week if it doesn't rain. I can't afford anything and if I have a breakdown I am screwed. I weathered the last few recessions without notice. Today I can't get new customers for nothing.

This sucks. I do not know how I am going to make it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Seems rather odd to find this posting at 7:55 in the a.m.superbowl sunday. Horrible news about your two losses. The loss of a friend is a heavy loss not to mention two so closely together. No matter the vehicle of passing. I think I'll leave this post for you and go into one about money separately

Chin up my fellow member. Remember the loss you feel and fight to your dying breath to keep others from experiencing that same pain.

Randyvious
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When the game is rigged against you, change games. Why continue to play the wage slavery game? There are ways to live with no debt. There are ways to live without their bullsh*t. I went through the same stuff a few years back, and I just dropped out of the game. I don't work for companies anymore. I do everything I can to legally avoid taxes of all types. Life is too short. Why live it under this stress? The things they want us to think are important are all false idols, so to speak. Does a 50" tv really add quality to your life? Does going into debt for a new car every few years do anything for you? Really? Step back and think about what really makes you happy. What do you love? Material goods are the chains they use to hold us down. You do not own stuff, stuff owns you. What do you really need to be happy? Think about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
In 2008 I made $600 a week cash. I had basically everything I wanted. My business was doing good and so was I. Fast forward to now. I am lucky to get $200 a week if it doesn't rain. I can't afford anything and if I have a breakdown I am screwed. I weathered the last few recessions without notice. Today I can't get new customers for nothing.

This sucks. I do not know how I am going to make it.
Obama promised you change. How is it working for you? Before you ask, no I don't believe that it is just the O; or even just dumbocrats. Repuklicans are just as guilty. The corporatists and the bankers are killing us. If the revolution ever does come, I propose that in the new world we allow only credit unions with a maximum of 999 members. No banks, no insurance companies, no lawyers in government making laws, no corporations having the same rights as people.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Lately I've given a lot of thought to hierarchys and what causes the difference in classes. I think it's the monatary system. Do we here in america even come close to living in a free society ? I think we are fooled into believing we do. What if we as human beings living in a truely free world were automatically privy to everything mankind produces ? Who needs money, when I as a human being have a right to everything mankind produces ? This concept of you need to work to help hold up your part of society would still hold true. Get rid of the money.
no one can love money anymore because it doesn't exist. The root of all evil has been rounded up. If this sounds like communism. I think of it as " Collectivism ". All goods and services distributed to humanity collectively as a whole. Everyone on earth is of the same class. HUMAN. Everyone is entitled to everything if they choose it.
A house, a T.V. etc etc. The upper class have a hold that needs to be broken. I think a little pressure in the right place, would snap it like a twig.
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have been on that same train of thought for a while now.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That is exactly how it should be. It would increase productivity actually. people would be more willing to come up with new ideas. our current system limits anything new unless it can somehow turn a profit. like cars. we should for sure have flying cars and have 100+ mpgs. but no. that is not profitable.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I despise the very idea of collectivism.

“The word "We" is as lime poured over men, which sets and hardens to stone, and crushes all beneath it, and that which is white and that which is black are lost equally in the grey of it. It is the word by which the depraved steal the virtue of the good, by which the weak steal the might of the strong, by which the fools steal the wisdom of the sages.

What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?

But I am done with this creed of corruption.

I am done with the monster of "We," the word of serfdom, of plunder, of misery, falsehood and shame.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For anyone thinking of throwing the towel in and ending it all:

financial loss and impoverishment can be excruciating to bear and utterly debilitating in everyday life, but loss of life is an infinitely greater tragedy.

You already know you are worth far more than your bank balance. You may not be aware of how much more.

As a human being you have almost limitless potential. And yes I will say it, you are made in the image of God. There is a purpose to your life, even if you have not yet found it. If you decide to end it, the ultimate tragedy is that you will have given up before fully realising who you really are.

Even when others give up on you or turn away from you, remind yourself they do not determine your value. Your worth is intrinsic. And no-one can take that from you.

If you are at rock bottom it can only mean there is a better future. Hold on to that knowledge. You may never strike it rich, but hey, how many rich people do you know who are contented?

Keep going until you at least find some folks who are willing to help out. There's no shame in admitting being in need of a helping hand. Take it when you find it, and maybe one day you'll be in a position to do the same for someone else.

And for those who currently find themselves in a more comfortable position: take to heart how difficult it is for those who are struggling right now, and actively look out for them. Common humanity can rise above this pit.

We don't need political solutions. We need old-fashioned neighborliness, practical concern, and a real willingness to share in time of need.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I despise the very idea of collectivism.

Then I guess you despise the idea of community and society as well.

From his earliest beginnings, Human Man has been a tribe/pack/herd animal. You cannot deny this - all good things in this world have been from different men combining their skills for the common good.

How many lone wolfs changed the world? Go sit in your underground bunker by yourself surrounded by food and guns....just what are you going to accomplish?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

I am done with the monster of "We," the word of serfdom, of plunder, of misery, falsehood and shame.

What, like, "We the People..."?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
For anyone thinking of throwing the towel in and ending it all:

financial loss and impoverishment can be excruciating to bear and utterly debilitating in everyday life, but loss of life is an infinitely greater tragedy.

You already know you are worth far more than your bank balance. You may not be aware of how much more.

As a human being you have almost limitless potential. And yes I will say it, you are made in the image of God. There is a purpose to your life, even if you have not yet found it. If you decide to end it, the ultimate tragedy is that you will have given up before fully realising who you really are.

Even when others give up on you or turn away from you, remind yourself they do not determine your value. Your worth is intrinsic. And no-one can take that from you.

Blah blah blah....you think when someone is living out of a car and eating out of a dumpster, a good "Win one for the Gipper!" speech is going to help? I appreciate your effort, but come on man. These words mean NOTHING to someone starving, or worse yet, watching their kids starve. Who feels like a "golden god" with "intrinsic value" watching their kids suffer?

And the point is the filthy greedy assholes who run this world make it this way....and all the people of the US like I said are letting it happen....in fact many of the right wing lunatics are HELPING...now they are trying to villify unions, so there will be no more 40 hour work week with lunch breaks and no min wage....and they keep lying and telling us this will HELP....Then the FOXtards go screaming that everywhere, and now people actually believe it.

the stupidity of it all is just astounding.
edit on 5-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

These words mean NOTHING to someone starving, or worse yet, watching their kids starve. Who feels like a "golden god" with "intrinsic value" watching their kids suffer?

I make no apology for addressing those who contemplate harming themselves. If you wish to deride my words it is of little consequence in comparison to my purpose. And perhaps if you had had a little more experience of dealing with people in crisis you would have toned down the rhetoric.

Sadly you miss my point entirely. In seeking to encourage people to consider their worth I am reminding them of their value despite their feeling of helplessness, whether in the face of wanting to provide for themselves, or for others. Encouraging them to seek the help they need could contribute to saving a life, no matter how little the contribution.

Encouraging others to show practical compassion deserves no apology either.

Instead of becoming embittered against those who have caused the crisis — no matter what their creed or affiliation — maybe you should ask yourself how much you have done to help out your neighbor.

I make no claim to have done enough. But having read some of the posts in here I have a renewed determination to make a difference in the life of any I meet who are desperate.

If that offends you, so be it. But the root cause of a lot of this suffering is ultimately selfishness. If more people took sharing what they have as a serious responsibility it would mean less suffering. Even less hunger.

And if more people realised they are of infinite worth, fewer would start down the path of clinical depression. Some of the happiest people on earth are poor. I have known some of them personally.

Life is worth living, no matter what the circumstances.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That sucks when you have kids, that's why i will probably never have any considering the economic turmoil we're living in since the early 2000's.

I heard an economist the other day that put the matter simply: The people who have the money are the elders, so somehow we have to steal it from them.I believe it's true.

By the way, a good alternative would be to go where the money is, the so called emerging countries (i'd say "ravaging" would suit better) Grab your backpack and don't look behind i say.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Rothschild wealth equaled approximately $6b in 1850 as cited by de Rothschild biographer, Fredric Morton.

When we grown this number of $6b by a reasonable growth rate of 6 percent per annum, in 2010 the House's wealth would equal $670 trillion

The Rothschild Formula may be briefly summarized as follows:
War is the ultimate discipline to any government. If it can successfully meet the challenge of war, it will survive. If it cannot, it will perish. All else is secondary. The sanctity of its laws, the prosperity of its citizens and the solvency of its treasury will be quickly sacrificed by any government in its primal act of self-survival.
All that is necessary, therefore, to insure that a government will maintain or expand its debt is to involve it in war or the threat of war. The greater the threat and the more destructive the war, the greater the need for debt.
To involve a country in war or the threat of war, it will be necessary for it to have enemies with credible military might. If such enemies already exist, all the better. If they exist but lack military strength, it will be necessary to provide them the money to build their war machine. If an enemy does not exist at all, then it will be necessary to create one by financing the rise of a hostile regime.
The ultimate obstacle is a government which declines to finance its wars through debt. Although this seldom happens, when it does, it will be necessary to encourage internal political opposition, insurrection or revolution to replace that government with one that is more compliant to our will. The assassination of heads of state could play an important role in this process.
No nation can be allowed to remain militarily stronger than its adversaries, for that could lead to peace and a reduction of debt. To accomplish this balance of power, it may be necessary to finance both sides of the conflict. Unless one of the combatants is hostile to our interests and therefore, must be destroyed, neither side should be allowed a decisive victory or defeat. While we must always proclaim the virtues of peace, the unspoken objective is perpetual war.

abovethepresident.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A personality profile, not just of the Rothschilds, but of that special breed of international financiers is built upon certain character traits. These include cold objectivity, immunity to patriotism, and indifference to the human condition.

After reading the above , we are all in the movie......................4 real

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

It is literally a war on mankind through financial manipulation resulting in death

It's called conservatism. Or corporatism, same thing these days. I am convinced they are trying to turn America into an aristocracy.

True.

But the liberal POTUS and 111th Congress (2009/2010) helped to transfer most of our money to those corporations and banks also. Banks are big corporations, healthcare companies are big corporations too
many are international and many international investors are part owners.

It seems all politicians at the Federal level have been bought off by corporatism.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by CB328

It is literally a war on mankind through financial manipulation resulting in death

It's called conservatism. Or corporatism, same thing these days. I am convinced they are trying to turn America into an aristocracy.

True.

But the liberal POTUS and 111th Congress (2009/2010) helped to transfer most of our money to those corporations and banks also. Banks are big corporations, healthcare companies are big corporations too
many are international and many international investors are part owners.

It seems all politicians at the Federal level have been bought off by corporatism.

Stop rewriting history...who was the first president to use the word "bailout" and the first to do it in action?

Bush.

Stop with the "liberal POTUS started all this" bull#. Its a lie. And you, sir, are a LIAR, and can be proven as such by a simple Google search.
edit on 5-2-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

These words mean NOTHING to someone starving, or worse yet, watching their kids starve. Who feels like a "golden god" with "intrinsic value" watching their kids suffer?

I make no apology for addressing those who contemplate harming themselves. If you wish to deride my words it is of little consequence in comparison to my purpose. And perhaps if you had had a little more experience of dealing with people in crisis you would have toned down the rhetoric.

Sadly you miss my point entirely. In seeking to encourage people to consider their worth I am reminding them of their value despite their feeling of helplessness, whether in the face of wanting to provide for themselves, or for others. Encouraging them to seek the help they need could contribute to saving a life, no matter how little the contribution.

Encouraging others to show practical compassion deserves no apology either.

Instead of becoming embittered against those who have caused the crisis — no matter what their creed or affiliation — maybe you should ask yourself how much you have done to help out your neighbor.

I make no claim to have done enough. But having read some of the posts in here I have a renewed determination to make a difference in the life of any I meet who are desperate.

If that offends you, so be it. But the root cause of a lot of this suffering is ultimately selfishness. If more people took sharing what they have as a serious responsibility it would mean less suffering. Even less hunger.

And if more people realised they are of infinite worth, fewer would start down the path of clinical depression. Some of the happiest people on earth are poor. I have known some of them personally.

Life is worth living, no matter what the circumstances.

Im not disagreeing with what you say. Im saying your words are meaningless. Its like telling someone that is depressed "Hey, just snap out of it! Cmon!"

Your words, although good intentioned, will do nothing to salve the pain of those feeling like this. You would better spend your breath spreading their story, not telling them "hey, dont feels so bad!"

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Stop rewriting history...who was the first president to use the word "bailout" and the first to do it in action?

Bush.

Stop with the "liberal POTUS started all this" bull#. Its a lie.

A bit touchy today are we ?

Take a close look at Obama's bailouts with the 111th.

And of course he wasn't the first.

I never have said anywhere that Bush and prior Congress action didn't do this either.

Sooo, it ain't a lie is it ?

The problem goes way back.

Nixon - 1970 - Penn Central Railroad

Nixon - 1971 - Lockheed

-- just to name two that you should be citing.

History of U.S. Gov't Bailouts

Choose Words Wisely -

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join