It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs "Cloaking" or disguising themselves as other things ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Unsolved case.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

The counter argument usually is that, it did not move as a satellite is "supposed" to move, or it made "impossible" sharp turns, which a satellite is not capable of. Whilst it is true that a satellite will always follow a straight path across the sky, it is possible for a satellite (or satellites) to appear to do these seemingly strange things
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

This paragraph is such a twisted contradiction it's laughable...
1. You say satellites are not capable of making sharp turns.
2. You follow that up by saying that it is true that satellites always follow a straight path.
3. Then, you top it all off by saying it IS possible for satellites to do these things.

I for one have seen the star like objects on one occasion, they were making erratic formations at extremely high altitude. What I saw was not a group of satellites, this much I do know

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
In the case of the "star-like objects", they behave exactly as I (and others) have seen satellites behaving, so I am not convinced that what people are seeing there is anything stranger than a conventional satellite technology.

People also say, perhaps it's a "craft" disguising itself as a satellite or a star, but If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck IMO. Even if it was not a duck, what does an ET craft look like? How would we know one when we saw it?

The counter argument usually is that, it did not move as a satellite is "supposed" to move, or it made "impossible" sharp turns, which a satellite is not capable of. Whilst it is true that a satellite will always follow a straight path across the sky, it is possible for a satellite (or satellites) to appear to do these seemingly strange things.

I agree that cloaking as a weird looking cloud doesn't make sense, but I'm not convinced that moving stars are always satellites.

I work with a person who saw several "stars" zipping and stopping and then zipping back the other direction and stopping again. This continued for many minutes. He was with his wife and another couple camping and they all saw these "stars".

How can we explain something like that?

P.S. I got some more detail about this UFO sighting. He said they all laid there watching these moving "stars" for an hour or more until they went to sleep. A star would zip across 30 degrees of sky in a couple of seconds and then stop. Typically a "star" would follow a path forming a triangle, and then a different "star" would do the same thing.
edit on 7-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrichuploader
Unsolved case.

Care to elaborate on that a little? What exactly are you referring to?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChakaBoy
This paragraph is such a twisted contradiction it's laughable...
1. You say satellites are not capable of making sharp turns.
2. You follow that up by saying that it is true that satellites always follow a straight path.
3. Then, you top it all off by saying it IS possible for satellites to do these things.

Perhaps I should have emphasized it (I usually do), but if you look back, you'll notice that I wrote that "it is possible for a satellite (or satellites) to appear to do these seemingly strange things".

"Appearing" to do something is not the same as that something actually taking place. I know it's a cliche, but appearances can be very deceiving.

For example, in the case of a satellite that appears to make an impossibly sharp turn. It is possible that someone seeing a satellite appearing to do this, is actually seeing one satellite heading into earth's shadow, just as another satellite (traveling at 90 degrees relative to the first - which is quite common for satellites) emerges from earth's shadow at the same time, and in the same place the first disappeared.

Whilst the timing for someone to see this would have to be "close to perfect", I strongly suspect that fundamental flaws in the way we/or brains perceive things, would "smooth over the cracks", so even if there were clues that the observer saw that might reveal what was actually happening (eg one satellite was slightly brighter than the other, or a small gap in the timings), the brain might ignore these and go with what it would expect to happen from past (both learned and "hardwired") experience, which is usually way off the mark.

Have a look at this demonstration of how good our brains are at missing the obvious:

I for one have seen the star like objects on one occasion, they were making erratic formations at extremely high altitude. What I saw was not a group of satellites, this much I do know

Care to elaborate on that? Could you describe the formations/motion?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gecrazy

To me i always thought that U.F.Os were time travelers from the future. It makes sense because UFOs generally hide from us. The time travelers don't want us to notice them so they cloak to prevent altering history.

Seems like they would have to be time traveling because to get here wouldnt they have to travel faster than the speed of light? Just a guess

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
I'm not convinced that moving stars are always satellites.

Nor am I.

"star-like" implies point sources of light, which what satellites are, but there are numerous other objects/sources of light which can also be point sources, including meteors, aircraft, chinese lanterns, planets, an LED tied to a balloon... not to mention stars and planets.

I work with a person who saw several "stars" zipping and stopping and then zipping back the other direction and stopping again. This continued for many minutes. He was with his wife and another couple camping and they all saw these "stars".

Without more detailed descriptions/accounts/investigation, it might be impossible, though we could probably rule out satellites since the movements were relatively rapid as "zipping" implies.

I have to say, fast moving implies either meteors, or possibly even something much closer to the ground/observer.

There is also always the possibility that it mat be some combination of phenomena, or even an as yet undiscovered phenomena, or simply some rare phenomena we are overlooking.

Could you get any details on the date/time/location (roughly)/surrounding terrain? Also what part of the sky this was happening in would be useful to know.

The other thing I would say, is suggest to your friends that they should invest in a DSLR with 50mm 1.8 lens (better yet a 30mm 1.4 or even a 24mm 1.4) and tripod, so that they actually get a record of what is happening if they see it again.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
From old stories about ufo's, they have been reported to disguise themselves in many ways before..

My favorite is where one was reported to fly over someone and made sounds like an old 2 cylinder tractor..

disguised ufo's

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

That is pretty bold of you to create a statistic about sightings happening to a majority of ignorant people. How do explain the sightings that occur to the those who are far from ignorant?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

I'm not convinced that moving stars are always satellites.

Nor am I.

"star-like" implies point sources of light, which what satellites are, but there are numerous other objects/sources of light which can also be point sources, including meteors, aircraft, chinese lanterns, planets, an LED tied to a balloon... not to mention stars and planets.

Without more detailed descriptions/accounts/investigation, it might be impossible, though we could probably rule out satellites since the movements were relatively rapid as "zipping" implies.

I have to say, fast moving implies either meteors, or possibly even something much closer to the ground/observer.

There is also always the possibility that it mat be some combination of phenomena, or even an as yet undiscovered phenomena, or simply some rare phenomena we are overlooking.

Could you get any details on the date/time/location (roughly)/surrounding terrain? Also what part of the sky this was happening in would be useful to know.

The other thing I would say, is suggest to your friends that they should invest in a DSLR with 50mm 1.8 lens (better yet a 30mm 1.4 or even a 24mm 1.4) and tripod, so that they actually get a record of what is happening if they see it again.

Yes, a video camera would have been ideal for stars zipping around in triangular patterns. I'll see if I can learn anymore, but I know the sighting happened 5 or 10 years ago. They never reported it and all but my friend seemed content to forget about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

There was about four or five star like objects in outer space, circling each other. Some would be stationary while others were circling them, and they would switch back and forth between being still and performing these movements. Going closer and further from each other at fast speeds, than slow speeds, it was like stars doing exercises and pattern at very high altitudes. I saw this on a clear summer night at a location with little to no pollution. Every star in the sky was visible. I shared this experience with two friends, my friends father, and about three or four neighbors from the cabin next door, we all watched for about 20 mins. We were all left without a rational explanation. I'm only in contact with one of these people and I don't think we have ever talked about what happened in regards to revisiting that night, but it has stuck with me over the years.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I got a little more detail from my coworker about the moving stars. It was over 10 years ago near Livingston, Texas. He said it was 3 or 4 stars. One star would zip around in a triangular path covering his field of view which I'm estimating as 30 degrees. Then that star would stop and a different star would do the same thing. It went on for over an hour until they went to sleep. Four people saw it.

I asked him if they experienced any missing time and he said he did not. The two men were inebriated but the two wives were sober. All of them saw it.

edit on 8-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

There was about four or five star like objects in outer space, circling each other. Some would be stationary while others were circling them, and they would switch back and forth between being still and performing these movements. Going closer and further from each other at fast speeds, than slow speeds, it was like stars doing exercises and pattern at very high altitudes. I saw this on a clear summer night at a location with little to no pollution. Every star in the sky was visible. I shared this experience with two friends, my friends father, and about three or four neighbors from the cabin next door, we all watched for about 20 mins. We were all left without a rational explanation. I'm only in contact with one of these people and I don't think we have ever talked about what happened in regards to revisiting that night, but it has stuck with me over the years.

This almost sounds like the mating dance of plasma creatures. (I know that sounds silly, but what could explain these kinds of sightings?

Another possibility is hypnosis. Usually these cases involve missing time. Maybe the motion of the stars induces a trance state as preparation for abduction?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Why cloak in the first place? If they can shift then just look like cloud! Or better yet don't appear. I've seen videos of invisible UFOs that were visible on infra-red film.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join