It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Ancient Jade Tool Baffles Scientists

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by notonsamepage

Nonsense... as I type this there are a total of 11 moderators/admin on of which Springer and Simon Gray are 2.... not all mods are into the superbowl and not all mods are in the US. But I appreciate the comment on my post... at least you did not come out and call me a nut bag which I appreciate. LOL
edit on 5-2-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyTJames

You are missing the point.

What do you know of trolls and disinfo agents?
My point is,because of all this I have learned many things about that and one of those things is when someone misdirects a thread.
This thread has been off topic from the beginning.
And then we get someone that pretty much stays on the survival thread,come on here,backing up ATS and trying to point in different directions not really relevant to the topic at hand,which I tried to do,that is put the thread back on course with relevant info.
Then I gave up,and bought into the conspiracy of ATS.
Get it!

Sorry that I went off a bit,nothing personal against you or the rocketman.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ok,taking a breath of air.........

I apologize to all,especially to rocketman,my brain will go into overdrive sometimes.

Peace.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teebs
Also, I probably never would have visited the SOTT site if they hadn't censored it.

We're not going to make any attempts to limit/restrict what people do. However...

The operators of that "website" have seen fit to fabricate a litany of malicious lies about the founder, operators, and members of ATS. As a result, we cannot predict what other fictions "they" may create in an attempt to attract attention.

You can be assured the decision to limit the domain was not taken lightly... in fact, a great deal of rather serious collaborative discussion was involved. The result is not something with which we're happy. But the fabricated lies are indeed vicious and without merit... many of which are directed at the members of ATS.

Perhaps one day this may change, I hope it does. For now, it is what it is.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you Bill..

this thread was getting really weird..

I appreciate your coming in here...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Indeed the stone work itself is otherworldly. Impossibilities that seem to reak of simplicity.

Alright Skeptic

edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

MyMind

... at least you did not come out and call me a nut bag

That's only because of T&C and you know it .
Just kidding don't hit me .
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Perhaps its possible the Op can get a chance to re-start the original intention of this thread in a new thread? Because this one has ended up like the mess my dog makes after he steals a pack of biscuits from the cupboard. However, it did make for an interesting mornings reading! Thanks SO for posting.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

wow. i found absolutely nothing in the article that demanded banning. thin-skinned much?
only in America, huh?

that article is what made me check out ats. wtf??
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

But if you hadn't censored the source......considering how long ago that "website" posted "that article".......I doubt very much anyone here would have done any "digging" and dredged it up again.

No offence, but next time you have a gun in your hand, may I respectfully suggest you don't point it at your foot?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think this drama-rama is much ado about nothing.
edit on 5-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Has much to do about alot.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No mods posting here to tell everyone to get on topic?

That is weird in itself.

Occupy ATS WITH ANCIENT JADE ARROW HEADS.

lol

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
I think this drama-rama is much ado about nothing.
edit on 5-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

Yup......free speech is very much an "ado about nothing"

I've been here quite a long time, and I love this site......but I'm a little bit disappointed tonight

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Has much to do about alot.

To you perhaps, but I don't give a darn personally. I have my own Google, I can look up anything I want when I want. If the owners want to bicker over silly things then let them. They did fix the original post as well, so w/e.

I don't see what the big deal is, and I haven't been shy in the past about voicing my displeasure over stuff. I'm pretty sure most of the mods hate me, that being said I don't have a biased point of view, that's for sure.

The author of the sott post made it sound like ATS owners were slapping peoples grandmothers and punching out kittens.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It maybe a thread about tools made of jade of a particular type of jade,but it became way bigger than that.
It became a journey down a rabbit hole.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Hey man I think it is a very interesting topic, thanks for sharing!!! Curious to hear where it originated from, nif they figure it out..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Thank you for your post. I have been following this all day, and after reading the swill on that other site I was concerned that none of the mods or site owners had responded to all the clearly off topic posts. I enjoy ATS immensely and was worried that perhaps there was something to what they had said. Now I can see that there was a decision made at the highest level to address this situation.

Would it be possible to some how let us know which sites are not to be linked to? I would hate to put a great deal of work into a thread only to have what happened here occur.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'm with you,on the same page.

It just opened my eyes to the inner workings of all these sites.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am now a follower of the other site..thank you for drawing my attention to them.

Deny censorship.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join