It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Ancient Jade Tool Baffles Scientists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Is that a forum slide?
Just wondering

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Rest easy Kdog. From what I've seen in going on 3 yrs here. People don't anticipate a ban. They happen now and I mean right now.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That is why I am holding back on TMI.

But give me a pretty colored border,and I will take my secrets to the grave.
edit on 5-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
angaea_continents.svg

Pangea. If one continent was abut to another, the entire topic would have an answer. But, since pangea took place over a few billion years, and, is still occurring today, I guess the point might be moot.

Moot. (not a hair-lipped cow)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What's with the highschool drama?

Damn...

Cool OP.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sounds like ATS cannot refute these "lies"...so they do what most people do when they have the power..they use their power to silence others, instead of the truth.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
King Solomon of the Old Testament: (Ecclesiasties 1:9)
'What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothin new under the sun.'

FWIW.

Do you really want to know the truth? I think you can handle the truth.

The truth is close to this

Otherwise things like this would not be possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There he goes again with the forum slide.

I'm on to you.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Isn't it slightly contradictory that a post being partly shut down by ATS is taking top spot on ATS?

And with all these new laws being passed at the moment about internet laws..

Seems a little too convenient..

Or is that just my conspiracy mind at work..?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mab22

wait so its banned for talking smack about ats or being a cointelpro site? because if its banned because its a cointelpro site (what ever that is) and it accuses ats of being such thing isnt that more of a case of he said she said?do they ban links from ats? im kinda curious about how this whole situation came to be....on topic thanks op i didnt even know there were more then one kind of jade so ya taught me something today and thats why im here

ah so it seems that site dosent belive in conspiracy theories and ocasionaly mocks us for it (they are intitled to their opinion) but i wouldnt classify them as out right lies at least from what ive been seeing and more of a guy that just seems to think conspiracy people are deluding them selves or wrong or something (so again his opinion not mine) so id kind of like some clarification on this or at least a list of sites that are banned i mean we still let sorca fall articles pass and they are usualy lies and propaganda so whats going on here

and en.wikipedia.org... this is what wikipedia says about ats (it says it was created by chris hansen?(the link on the page is broken but is this the same chris hansen from to catch a preadator.......)
edit on 5-2-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
why not delete or close the thread ffs its in the TOP of the home page. i click on ats to see whats up and THIS POS thread with nothing in it is the TOP result on the homepage?

seriously mods i understand removing it and all but do it properly and take it off the front page at least.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm all about what Billy James said. You've pretty much saved the thread ,so no more off topics for me.

I wrote a thread a while back " Gods of Academia " didn't go down any particular path but definetely addressed the lies and possible cover ups not just in ancient history but science and archeology as well. I think there is a whole lot more of this occurring than anyone imagines. For instance, if it were found out some how that giants did exist at one time ? And I mean giants like 20 footers. The Bible would instantly become far less a fairytale
to a great many people who believe that's all it is. as I believe they've gone to school and paid to be told a bunch of falsified crap. I believe they're the ones who have been lied too. They believe what has been controlled and approved for them to believe.

The truth peeks out from behind the veil of lies very often.
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I see you also.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

TextCriticism Some members of ATS have strongly criticized the site for their personal perception of overtly censoring content though a large number of moderation staff who actively police to uphold its terms and conditions.[15] Users point out that although this may be necessary for the smooth running of the site, censorship can be perceived as being ironic for a site that is user generated. Also, the notion of censorship is a prominent feature in conspiracy literature and this adds to the problems of ATS censorship. Real life activities can also lead to removal from Above Top Secret. When it was discovered that Jared Loughner was posting on ATS as "erad3" he was banned. Other users have pointed out that a tradition of always siding with the conspiracy theory can lead to misinformation being posted on the site. The practice of deleting any post that is inadvertently advertising any of ATS’s rival and smaller conspiracy sites is treated with suspicion. Critics would point out that this is ATS taking advantage of its internet monopoly on internet conspiracy literature for corporate gain and reduces the ability to cooperate with other sites to build on knowledge. One claim made by ATS is that news is reported before it is reported in the mainstream media. This occurs rarely, however, as nearly all "alternative news" on ATS comes from mainstream media sources.[16] Some have even gone so far as to accuse ATS of being controlled opposition, reminiscent of the former COINTELPRO operation of the United States. This is a recurrent theme in many ATS posts and one which the owners of the site deny,[17] such as author and commentator Laura Knight Jadczyk[18] who has openly criticized Above Top Secret after she published an article on her alternative news website Signs of the Times.[19] This led to a dispute between her and the owners of ATS who claimed that the article had breached ATS’s “creative commons deed”.[20] Within the discussion boards, topics are still moderated. Members individual posts are often altered, edited out, and/or removed by moderators if the member breaks the sites terms and conditions. Banning members who persisently do not adhere to the site terms and conditions is a commonly used option. Topics that discuss the Galactic confederation of light are removed from the UFO section and put in an off topic form. 9/11 Conspiracy theories about Holographic planes being used are prohibited.[21] Ownership of user generated content calls the motive of the media portal into question. Above Top Secret provides a media portal for users to upload self made pictures and videos but in doing so the user surrenders his or her rights to said video. While members still have the option to upload videos to sites like YouTube and then post them on ATS they can no longer post any images to ATS unless they are uploaded to the media portal.
source en.wikipedia.org...

umm sorry for the wall of text but wikipedia claims we are a contelpro site or what ever does that mean that links to wikipedia are banned? this peaked my curiosity so sorry if this was against the rules or anything,more on topic so how would scientists go about PROVEING where the jade came from can they do tests to confirm that it did in fact get moved from so far away to where it was found

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

And you,no interests in ancient civilizations till now,curious

All political and weapons forums.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Its hilarious that ATS makes such a stink about SOPA and how censorship will destroy the internet...and then they go and censor their own website because someone linked a site that criticized ATS. Childish and very revealing.
edit on 5-2-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hmmmm.

Places the size of ATS DO cost a tonne of money to keep up and running. If I make a website about how to make the ultimate Pie, and I think its the best site in the world and lots of people love my pie, so the hit count rises, server data rates start rising, I'm going to put ads on it. Why? Because I can, its my damn pie and I'll operate it how I see fit. ATS is not all that different, its just that we add the pies, but they are the ones allowing it to happen. Some rules are there for a purpose, some rules are there to help the owners! But that is understandable.

Yes, I did end up searching about the site that was blocked, and what they said. I don't agree with its blocking, but its not my site to make the rules up on, so ultimately I don't really care. But, it just seems to me the owners are trying to ensure ATS stays thriving, and retains a pulse to keep it going. Surely some of you understand that?

(edit: Google, old motto, Don't Be Evil (or whatever it was along those effects), well, being not evil didn't really prove all that profitable, but it allowed them to become arguably the Monopoly of the internet, then they started cashing in, so who cares what tricks a website uses to get higher rankings on google? It's the only thing/way most websites can even continue to operate!
edit on 5-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

lol to be honest ancient civilizations is what brought me to ats originally but as most topics sadly aren't on it on this site i like to get a varried diet the original thread that made me sign up i believe was on that carving in a rock that was found in the middle of the woods somewhere and in the process of the thread another poster warned them off of investigatign it from that point i was hooked and am pretty much logged into ats 24/7 reason im ehre is i opend a thread and the first thign i saw was LIES and a banner so i got interested and thus am still here(mostly for the mysterie not the jade),i am a student of military history and am interested in geo politics and dont have a job dont need to work so im here most of the time and posting in those forums as with whats going on the "war" threads are more interestign to me then most,on the conspiratorial side im kind on the fence im not a believer in chem trails or reptillians but i do belive in aliens,on the fence about 911 and alot of other issues but i am very interested in any form of censorship(i couldnt even talk about my old job on this site as its against the t and c) so i cant talk about what i do or what i fight for so i pick the topics im allowed to talk about and that interest me

sorry for the rant but its how my brain works and punctuation and spelling are not my strong suit btw love the avatar that dog always looks so smug and happy great photo!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

I think like the old saying goes loose lips sink ships. to bad mouth an entity like ATS with the truth. Would be a whole different thing. But lies ? Lies that could hurt their business propects thru advertising ? I'm becoming a bit disappointed in some members here. But ATS has a lot of savy players. They know what they're doing even on a thin line such as this. My money is on ATS.
edit on 5-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join