Origin of Ancient Jade Tool Baffles Scientists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
OOps...I guess I didn't get that memo...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The jadeite jade source, if found, would be "something geochemically extraordinary," the authors write in the paper, to be published in an upcoming issue of the European Journal of Mineralogy

Source

I find this really interesting... I love collecting rocks. I love turquoise and jade...etc.

I thought I would post to see if others find this interesting and provide an opportunity for others to add their thoughts.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Could this kind of stone arrive by meteorite I wonder...does anyone know if that is possible?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Alrighty then lets get back on topic:

Originally posted by isyeye
One question about this....They keep refering to this as being jade, but considering the differences that they state about it, how do they know that this IS a form of jade?

Perhaps it's something completely different, and is NOT jade. It's possible considering that it has some much differences between it and other known examples.

I agree...I'm thinking the reason it's so rare is because it could be from something that hit the earth a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So the jade tool was similar to those found 600 miles away.

The question is how did it get there.
And where did it come from?

The jadeite in the rock is different from the jadeite jades found in Japan and Korea at the time. It's missing certain elements and has more-than-expected amounts of others; the stone came from another geological source, but the researchers aren't sure where. The only chemical match the researchers knew of was a site in Baja California Sur, Mexico.

The manuscript's author, C. E. A. Wichmann, collected some curious rocks from Indonesia in 1903 — about 600 miles (1,000 kilometers) from the site where the jade tool was found — and the chemical properties he reported seem very similar to that of the artifact. Researchers are now investigating those samples to see if modern techniques can prove that the tool came from Indonesia.

Map of the area around eastern New Guinea showing the location of Emirau Island, where the jade artifact was found, and Torare River, the possible source of the rock.

Seems to be a long distance from Baja,California,doesn't it.

www.livescience.com...

edit on 5-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I agree. It's sort of retarded to leave the string and not have a header. Just take the whole damn thing off if you're going to do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Alrighty then lets get back on topic:

Originally posted by isyeye
One question about this....They keep refering to this as being jade, but considering the differences that they state about it, how do they know that this IS a form of jade?

Perhaps it's something completely different, and is NOT jade. It's possible considering that it has some much differences between it and other known examples.

I agree...I'm thinking the reason it's so rare is because it could be from something that hit the earth a long time ago.

As you say and Kaydog above also, they keep using the word unusual...I think meteorite origin might explain it. The similar stuff may have been part of a break up of meteorite unless the substance could not reach earth because it is susceptible to heat..have no idea if jade could reach earth whole.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
...Why the "LIES" image. What does an article about an ancient jade tool have to deal with abusing free speech and lying? Why have I never seen this before despite the countless threads that have actually contained lies/trolling? Bad move ATS. Shame. Are you going to censor my post now for speaking my mind ..?

Edit: So it's a link to a site that fabricated lies about ATS..ok.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No,jade does not come from a meteorite.
It is formed right here on earth under certain conditions.

How jade is formed: Jade is created in areas of the world that have subduction zones. Subduction occurs when two of the earth's plates collide and one plate dives under the other. The lower plate takes the necessary minerals to the depths, pressures and temperatures needed to form jade.

www.jadecarver.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

But the even bigger mystery is where this unusual rock came from. Only one jadeite source has been reported with similar chemical properties—a site in Baja California Sur, Mexico. If this were the gouge’s original home, though, it would have had to been transported across the Pacific, a highly improbable scenario for the Neolithic people of the time.

Why is that so surprising?

Chinese people were originally Olmecs. That is what I was told. How else could they end up looking like Olmecs?

I think that some day, archaeologists will maybe accept the fact that these footprints...
(remove the spaces in http to copy paste link into your browser, wayback machine compound links confuse this website and the link will be broken otherwise)
ht tp://web.archive.org/web/20070208174325/ht tp://www.mexicanfootprints.co.uk/

That those footprints are in fact, 1.3 million years old, as stated by the world renowned expert, Who dated the lava at Olduvai Gorge and hence dated all the hominids there.
Ref 1 Nature Article here

and some images of the footprints here

Modern man, in Mexico, 1.3 million years ago, with footprints in ash, and the ash is magnetically aligned, hence it is not a sediment deposit, the prints were made in hot newly formed lava. And there are prints along the human prints, of dogs and cats and cloven hoof animals, perhaps farm animals.

Now you can deny, that these exist, but Gonzales did an exhibit at the Royal Museum, regarding these footprints and I assure you, the Royal Museum, would not stick their neck out and do a special exhibit on these footprints, if they were not absolutely sure they were footprints. The fact that the lava had not been dated at that time, is unfortunate, since it has completely destroyed all current theories, regarding the out of Africa hypothesis, and the evolution of man, and has pretty much showed that what scientists believe they know, using such things as the genetic record, and their current models, are in no way concurrent with the facts as they exist.
There is other data as well like a sunken city off Cuba, that is 2,200 feet under water, with no geological evidence that the ground has sunk at all. There is not even evidence of earthquake damage.
So whatever the story is, the water level when that city was built, was 2,200 feet lower than it is today.

Which again, destroys all the current geological theories.

But nothing destroys Pangaea and all that plate tectonics nonsense like the Expanding Earth data.
You can see that in youtube.
For some reason unknown scientists appear to be down the garden path, even though they work hard and do careful work, they seem to project their own beliefs into the data sufficiently, that when they are done, it in no way resembles the facts at hand.
Hiding data that doesn't fit the paradigm, only builds a house a cards. Denying the data and covering things eventually leads to where they are today. With a lot of egg on a lot of faces. Clinging to theories that have been falsified. And unwilling to accept the facts.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Admin Edit:

This member intentionally posted the above image by using the direct image URL to it in an effort to make it look like the post had been censored.

It was not.

Djarums
Executive Administrator
edit on Feb 5th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

link   
wtf

link   

Admin Edit:

This member intentionally posted the above image by using the direct image URL to it in an effort to make it look like the post had been censored.

It was not.

Djarums
Executive Administrator
edit on Feb 5th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OP can you U2U me the Link? I want to read what it has to say please. Jade is my family stone and I'm very interested in this information.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

No,jade does not come from a meteorite.
It is formed right here on earth under certain conditions.

How jade is formed: Jade is created in areas of the world that have subduction zones. Subduction occurs when two of the earth's plates collide and one plate dives under the other. The lower plate takes the necessary minerals to the depths, pressures and temperatures needed to form jade.

www.jadecarver.com...

So why could that not form on another heavenly body and end up a meteor?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why is this thread being so heavily censored?

Is internet drama really getting in the way of denying ignorance?

I don't really know what's going on. All I know is I had to struggle to find the OP's link - found it to be very interesting, shared it with quite a few people today.

I could not find anything about ATS on it. Let alone any "CODE RED, HORRIBLE LIES, CODE RED"

So really.... Censoring is fun but, come on.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
How about instead of CENSORING LIKE THE GOVERNMENT, you inform people of the potential problems and lies and let PEOPLE CHOOSE to go to the link?

Are you guys here at ATS so friggin scared of lies that you have to censor?

Dont pull an Obammy

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Why is this thread being so heavily censored?

Is internet drama really getting in the way of denying ignorance?

I don't really know what's going on. All I know is I had to struggle to find the OP's link - found it to be very interesting, shared it with quite a few people today.

I could not find anything about ATS on it. Let alone any "CODE RED, HORRIBLE LIES, CODE RED"

So really.... Censoring is fun but, come on.

They were going on about the owner(s) of this site creating "google bombs". Sounds pretty silly to me.

I have noticed some bizarre inconsistencies here regarding certain members, but nothing about the ownership. Looks like the owner(s) are just trying to run a successful business. /shrug

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
this is now beyond ridiculous and ats has lost all of my respesct for the way this thread is

if you guys were going to do what you did, close the whole thread and have another oen made with an acceptable link

but thats really the final straw for me and my trust of this site

to not only censor but to leave up and deal with it this way, just very unprofessional and it really goes against everything about deny ignorance

for the past few months, ive been forced to come to ats to learn of a topic, only then forced to look elsewhere for information about the topic, because other then learning about the topic, the rest of the thread is bickering and or this censorship

highly absurd

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am very disappointed by the hypocrisy of this censorship.

This is not a link leading to something nefarious in any conceivable way. Instead of going "Warning, source is libelous" you just make things look very suspicious.

Need a new style when it comes to dealing with the punks who have had bad blood with ATS in the past. This website should be Information first - drama second.

ATS Accomplishments by Censorship:

More people were interested in this thread due to it being censored, not less.

ATS members are now confused and disappointed.

Denial of Ignorance = critical failure.

Shouldn't ATS strive to have it's members trust them? What with Censor King Google going Orwell, it does not sit well that one of the only half-way decent Alternative News websites is not only siding with them - but now acting like them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join