It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Ancient Jade Tool Baffles Scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Is this source in violation of anything?

www.livescience.com...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
wow - ATS goes Orwell....leave the link because nobody can see wich source it was and so nobody could see in the future that this source is not reliable....

i mean a lot of people know Such-A-Fool but if ATS would have removed every story of him simply with this ORwell-Banner we still would have post containing him...but only for secounds and then the ATS-thought-police would come...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
is this sort of tactic surprising here after all.
ats is a three letter agency anyways...
in reality, probably from different letters of the alphabet!

∞LOVE∞

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is the difference between a democracy and a monarchy. In a monarchy one does not defame the King in any way or bring him to any level lower than the exalted throne.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
"Artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover it up."

The word "lies" when used as such a singular identifier is just so ominous to me. It is the word used by constructs of power and modes of authority to denounce accusations that call out obvious flaws within those modes and constructs.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

First off relocator, please do not get yourself banned. Also please do not leave the site over this one instance which is unfortunate, yes..... silly?, most certainly.....enabling ignorance instead of denying it?? Absolutely.. but here is what has happened in my house this morning due to the interesting thread you have started....

My boyfriend and I (both well into our 40s and 50s), have thus far spent a very relaxing and wonderful Sunday morning discussing the thread you have posted. We have gone out on the internet seeking even more information, discovered new things along the same vein as the topic of your thread and had several intellectually stimulating conversations. For that I thank you, as this is one reason we both enjoy ATS. Now, with that said.....

ChaoticOrder (?) I believe posted an alternate link to the article referenced in your OP. In that article it mentions a 1903 German paper on some interesting and unusual rock finds. The article goes on to say that these rocks in the 1903 find are now being tested to see if there is any connection between them and the jade(ite) tools in your OP. I have tried to find some information on when the test results are expected can find nothing. Do you have any information on when those test results may be available? I would love to know if there is indeed a connection.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Considering half of what is on this website could be called lies or defamation it really does seem like the pot calling the kettle black

Hopefully a mod or someone in charge comes to their senses and unblocks the OPs posts.

To say Im disappointed is an understatement, shame on whoever removed those posts

SHAME SHAME SHAME

P.s about the jade stuff, very interesting. Just more proof that we know bugger all about our past.

P.p.s gave you a flag mainly to bump the thread so more members can see the ridiculous and pathetic post removed banner
edit on 5-2-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yeah put the posts back. I don't see why they left a thread open with no content left?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
um, the heck is that free speach label supposed to mean? if you support free speach, really really, remove it and return the post to its original form O_o

ed: is this denying ignorance?
edit on 5/2/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

further ed: my sig shall remain as such until freedom of speach is returned to this bastion of um, hope? hope so.
edit on 5/2/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Could not agree more. The more I sit here and think this thing over the more angry I get. Really ATS?? REALLY??!!?? It is a well known fact that I am no fan of our current Government, but think on this a minute. IF the Govt decided that in the best interest to protect us 'children' from the 'lies' that are spread about our Government on the internet, they blocked every website that has even the inkling of a 'lie' we would be reduced to websites that only provide rousing games of Pong and the latest Hollywood gossip.

I recall on January 18, 2012 attempting to log onto ATS and getting the "STOP SOPA" page. The message being what our world may eventually look like should SOPA or other such laws pass in Washington. I have to ask then... whats the difference between the "lies" banner attached to the opening post by 'relocator' and SOPA... to me it's just SOPA-Lite.... shame on you ATS.

ETA: I just did a search using the ATS function to see if there is a thread or a space dedicated to letting us ATSers know which websites are acceptable for linking in our threads. Perhaps it was my chosen search words, but I could not find any. IF there is such a place on ATS to find this information, it would be nice to be pointed to it. I am currently working up 3 threads and I would not want hours of research and write up to go down the tubes due to an "unacceptable" link to information. Thanks!
edit on 5-2-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Thank you for your comment and Thank you to all who commented. I'm feeling the Love now....

As far as the website I linked when I first posted the thread it's. www.lostworld.org. and I reposted it on page 1.

What happened is I edited my post and added more links for people to research if they wanted and unfortnately I didn't realize sott is on there naughty list. Opps me bad.

I'm glad others found this information interesting.

As far as I know they still haven't posted the results from the testing.

Enough of the drama...My panties aren't in a wad anymore. I was just pissed off I took the time to post a thread and it turns into crap.

It's beautiful day!! Enjoy it!

I'm going to take a hiatus from ATS....Peace Out.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I started a thread a while back about this rock i found.. I thought it could have been jade.

My belief about this stone

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am sincerely surprised that ATS is so thin skinned that they would do what they did to the OP. In my opinion they should allow the post and let us members determine the truth. I will not just sit here and let ATS do that for me. To say it is Orwellian is the least you can say. I would say ATS is just scared.....they are afraid that us readers can't discover the truth on our own. And holding a grudge much ATS?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
hmmmm..must be a new MOD trolling around this forum today
mods are people to and they are prone to thier own whims..been on this site for a long time..normaly a mod will step in and say something about the situation....gettin' lazy..but this is off topic..well i guess since the mod removed the info, but it has been sorta reposted in a different format..can it be that 'inflamatory'....if it was, wouldn't the mod be back to delete those post?

gosh ATS mod....little thin skinned today eh

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by relocator

Great thread on many levels. So...please don't leave, Relocator. Maybe we should start an Occupy ATS movement....no, wait....I occupy ATS everyday already just like the rest of you...you know who you are.

Ah shucks, thanks for notice'in:

I seriously need a break. Any way what 's next ?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
C'mon ATS, at least explain yourself!
If this other site has wronged you so then give your side of the argument.

All of this cloak and dagger stuff is not becoming of ATS..... wait a minute, it kinda is

Seriously though, post an explaination ATS, i think we deserve that much.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The mods must be crazy

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
To the owners.

This is ATS. Look at your numbers in membership. Look at all the MAJOR Networks that look to your site for whatever reason. This is one of the finest sites on off topic/non mainstream/conspiracy type subject matter. Your reputation is outstanding.

In my opinion, you should not worry yourself with others tales and welcome any challenge from any site. Live the Deny Ignorance motto.

Or...
Do what my mother told me when I was a kid.
"Don't concern yourself with lies that others will tell about you thru your years for others will tell lies about you. Let them look foolish with no reaction of your own because your reputation will precede all tales told" R.I.P. Dot.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
lol. I see a lot of whining and complaining here, but did any of you actually try to figure out what actually happened with the OP? This time, it was not a Mod. It is automatic.

I don't know what was there before, but this is what is there now, in the Opening Post of this thread. I simply removed the link to the restricted website.

Originally posted by relocator

The jadeite jade source, if found, would be "something geochemically extraordinary," the authors write in the paper, to be published in an upcoming issue of the European Journal of Mineralogy

Source

I find this really interesting... I love collecting rocks. I love turquoise and jade...etc.

I thought I would post to see if others find this interesting and provide an opportunity for others to add their thoughts.

edit on 4-2-2012 by relocator because: added another link

edit on 4-2-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

Obviously, there was an opening post at first.
Then an additional link was added, and there was no longer an Opening Post.
So remove that link.
It's not rocket science. It's called common sense.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join