It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM Foods NOT Served in Monsanto Cafeteria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by jude11

Wow Monsanto "rationale" is absolutely frightening...

Apparently the difference between GMO and non GMO is "so insignificant" it makes "no sense" to have to "label it" on foods. Yet it is significiant enough to make a multi-million dollar industry out of??

Say wha???

If the difference is “so insignificant” then why continue producing GMO and spending millions researching and developing something “so insignificant”???

THAT is what makes… “no sense”…

You have to be some kind of mentally challenged to not see through that BS…

Glad you caught that as well.

It truly boggles the mind doesn't it?

The only difference is that theirs produces money as well as GMO products.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yea I can see it now, Monstanto's new advertising catch phrase:

Monsanto - "What we do is so insignificant we make MILLIONS!"

I've never really liked Monsanto but this pisses me off even more just because I don't like being lied to and I don't like being patronized and a I can't help but take their failure at rational "excuses" to be just that...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is it strange that I hate Monsanto with a passion? Why the hell should they be allowed to get away with this garbage? I read that when it comes to certain GMOs, the side effects may not be present for one or two generations; but in essence your grandchildren will be rendered infertile. So we're all being "forced" to ingest modified crops that may or may not result in an entire future generation being infertile as well as other health/mental issues.

So how is this disgusting business still standing? Is there nothing money cannot buy? The destruction of mankind? If they began mass-breeding humans in test tubes to maturity just to harvest their sexual organs, I guess nobody would care and they'd just continue like no atrocity is occurring? Inhuman bastards. Psychopaths.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Is it strange that I hate Monsanto with a passion?

Not strange at all. I feel the same way as do many others.

It is indeed incredible what money can buy. It even buys a lack of ethics and morals.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

They dont want you to see this!

That was worth watching.

I don't think they want you to see this either:

As to the main issue at stake here: what greater proof could there be that the company knows full well the safety of its products is unproven?

Hypocrisy. Reckless disregard for human life (-see video above-). Anything else they are good at?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This makes me think of the question, do the employees/owners eat this stuff and feed it to their children? If not then why make it a choice or force it upon the world? Oh yea money.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From my thread:

Even at Monsanto, many in-the-know employees won't consume the company's own GM creations. Back in 1999, the management of the cafeteria at Monsanto's UK headquarters in High Wycombe, England wrote:

"In response to concern raised by our customers . . . we have decided to remove, as far as possible, genetically modified soy and maize (corn) from all food products served in our restaurant. . . . We have taken the above steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Not only is it bad enough that fighting Monsanto is fighting the devil, but your also fighting the devil's powerful friends. Just one example, Clarence Thomas used to work as a legal attorney for Monsanto. They are also consistently lobbying state lawmakers to make sure they get their way.

As long as those with the most money control government policy, they will be around and in charge, that simple.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A gene is extracted from an organism with the desired property, placed into the chromosome of a single cell of the organism you're growing, and then allowed to grow into multiple cells, then eventually into a plant or animal.

Genetic modification can not possibly give an organism any unwanted properties unless it is done deliberately. However, when done right, it can give them brilliant properties that can server dozens of purposes.

The only thing stopping that happening is fear mongering from people who have no idea how it even works.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techy
A gene is extracted from an organism with the desired property, placed into the chromosome of a single cell of the organism you're growing, and then allowed to grow into multiple cells, then eventually into a plant or animal.

Genetic modification can not possibly give an organism any unwanted properties unless it is done deliberately. However, when done right, it can give them brilliant properties that can server dozens of purposes.

The only thing stopping that happening is fear mongering from people who have no idea how it even works.

No. The thing that is really happening is that not only are there millions of people refusing to eat this crap but entire Nations are banning it. AFTER their scientists and higher learning institutes have investigated not only the GMO products but Monsanto itself.

But I guess millions of people and many Countries around the World are just concerned for no reason.

I'll take my chances on choosing to NOT consume something that even the staff of Monsanto don't want on their dinner plate.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
No. The thing that is really happening is that not only are there millions of people refusing to eat this crap but entire Nations are banning it. AFTER their scientists and higher learning institutes have investigated not only the GMO products but Monsanto itself.

But I guess millions of people and many Countries around the World are just concerned for no reason.

I'll take my chances on choosing to NOT consume something that even the staff of Monsanto don't want on their dinner plate.

Peace

Because of fear-mongering. Nobody can actually name any risks of it. The only reason GM foods are being banned is because of pressure from people who are scared of possible side-effects, although there is no indication and no cause for there to be any.

Remember that we've been eating GM products for a while now, and there still haven't actually been any negative effects linked to them.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Techy

Not fear-mongering: scientific research. Consider the other side of the coin to your current perspective. Watch the video above, for starters. And if you want a taster, jump to about 15:00.

Putting GM crops into the food chain is nothing short of mass human experimentation. It could be decades before the real effects become apparent. Fact, not fiction. Most folks wouldn't even tolerate that approach on animals.

...By which time Big M will have made incalculable profits, quite possibly on the back of just the kind of suffering they have caused to date around the world (—also documented in the video, in all its sordid detail).

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
But there can be no effects. You add a gene to the chromosome, that's all you do. It doesn't completely change the organism. It gives it one, single, specific property.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Techy

Leaving that issue aside as an open case — if you are a true scientist you know full well you cannot prove a negative as it is impossible to test under all possible conditions with all variables taken into consideration (such as time) — you seem to have passed over the fact that the modified crops require treatment with Roundup pesticide.

As I say, jump to 15:00 in the vid for an introduction to the pertinent issues.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Woolworths would say that. When it comes to a company like that, all they are interested in is protecting their own profits. That is it. In the meantime the put out advertisement saying that they are "the fresh food people" luring gullible people to spend big at their shops. Any company like this, Coles included, are interested in protecting their bottom lines, and if the can make money out of selling a product, wether it contains GM foods or not, they will sell it.

On a side note, a few years ago i was living in western NSW, where Canola is a big ag crop grown in the area. At the time there was GM being grown next to the good old standard. I always wondered at the time to what extent would the two cross pollinate? And what would be the results? I have tried looking but as yet havent been able to find any info.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My email to Monsanto:

Why do you insist that the consumer doesn't have the right to know which foods contain genetically modified organisms whe your own emplyees insist on not eating that crap?

GM foods not served in Monsanto cafeteria
crisisboom.com...

Label your foods as GMO Foods! We, the consumers, demand it.

We, the consumers, have the same right to choice as your employees!

We choose life. We choose healthy. We choose NOT to eat GM"O foods!

edit to add: typos in the original

edit on 5/2/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Duh, the people who work there didnt want to eat that crap, and the company was nice enough not to subject them to it. So they think.......

Gwahahaha!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There is a branch of Monsanto in St Louis. I am curious what they serve to their employees. I will tell you one thing-I had friends who worked there and they were/are insanely supportive of the company. Blindly.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of this movie scene!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm in Canada, and there is no GMO labeling here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join