It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM Foods NOT Served in Monsanto Cafeteria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Their own product and the employees choose to not have it on their lunch menu? hmmm. I believe this tells us everything about the issue as far as I'm concerned.

I especially love this line they use to address their own employees: "We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve.”

And how do you get them to feel safe and secure? Simply by removing from the menu the very product they are producing. Isn't it just so sweet of Monsanto to watch out for their employees?

crisisboom.com...

The Independent newspaper reports that there is a notice in the cafeteria of the Monsanto pharmaceutical factory is High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, advising customers “as far as practicable, GM soya and maize (has been removed) from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve.”

Removing their own products from the cafeteria so that the employees can feel "comfortable" with their lunch? Why wouldn't they feel "comfortable" eating the very food that we are told is safe to consume on a daily basis?

Monsanto confirms the authenticity of the notice, but company spokesman Tony Coombes says the only reason for the GM-free foods is because the company “believes in choice.” Coombes says in other Monsanto locations employees are happy to eat GM foods because they are “sprayed with fewer chemicals.”

So it looks like the employees get the benefit of "choice" while we don't have that luxury. And it looks like the battle is being lost in the US. Why is it that the US is the ONLY Country that does not require labeling of GMO foods?
bestmeal.info...

Currently about 75% of all processed food in the USA has GMO ingredients. This is information you must understand if you eat anything made from corn, soybeans, alfalfa, canola, cottonseed oil, or wheat. The USA is currently the only country that does NOT require labels for GMO foods. (There is massive opposition to GMO's in europe).

And from Monsanto:
www.monsanto.com...

Mandatory labeling of food containing GM ingredients might seem like a no-brainer. However, once you consider the facts, it becomes clear there is no sense in mandatory GMO labeling.

And I especially love this:

A better question might be: What would be the benefits of labeling products containing GM ingredients?

The benefits? How about giving us the right to know? And if you have a sign in the cafeteria for your employees, what is the benefit?

edit on 4-2-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Of course...they don't want to eat that junk, they just want us to.

If they ate it in their own cafeterias, it would be sort of like committing slow suicide.

edit on 4-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
Of course...they don't want to eat that junk, they just want us to.

If they ate it in their own cafeterias, it would be sort of like committing slow suicide.

I wonder what would happen if someone told the employees that they have been secretly eating GMO without their knowledge? Just as a tester to gauge response.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

crisisboom.com...

Monsanto confirms the authenticity of the notice, but company spokesman Tony Coombes says the only reason for the GM-free foods is because the company “believes in choice.” Coombes says in other Monsanto locations employees are happy to eat GM foods because they are “sprayed with fewer chemicals.”

They would probably sue Monsanto because they were not given the choice they were told they had by their employer, and complain about the exposure to food sprayed with "more" chemicals.......a choice we don't get.

Monsanto + anyone who supports them =

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Please, please, please some Monsanto employee--PLEASE--take a pic of that sign

Great link, btw:

bestmeal.info...

edit on 4-2-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

GMO food should be allowed to carry the label :

POiSOn

They dont want you to see this!

edit on 4-2-2012 by burntheships because: GMO food needs a label!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Of course they don't eat GM foods. Who would understand how dangerous GM foods are, better than a monsanto employee?

edit on 4-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
reply to post by jude11

Of course they don't eat GM foods. Who would understand how dangerous GM foods are, better than a monsanto employee?

edit on 4-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)

They know exactly what it is, what it does to us and therefore make the wise choice of NOT eating it.

I wonder how their lunch conversations go?

"Can you imagine people actually eating this poison?"

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

All i can say is if they pass a law where we have to eat nothing but monstanto junk...if i end up growing a extra pair of testicles somewhere, i'm suing. Or any extras of anything else.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Please, please, please some Monsanto employee--PLEASE--take a pic of that sign

Great link, btw:

bestmeal.info...

edit on 4-2-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

A pic of the sign would be great...

I believe all Monsanto employees should have to demonstrate how safe this crap is by eating it on a daily basis and conducting tests.

They shouldn't have a problem with it if it's so good for us and they can secure their jobs for years to come....right?

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by jude11

All i can say is if they pass a law where we have to eat nothing but monstanto junk...if i end up growing a extra pair of testicles somewhere, i'm suing. Or any extras of anything else.

They don't have to pass any law. Just allow Monsanto to do business as usual and eventually the entire US will be contaminated so much that every food will be touched by their poison at the very least.

And if you do grow an extra set of raisins, let's hope they don't end up on your forehead. That would be so wrong...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
And if you do grow an extra set of raisins, let's hope they don't end up on your forehead. That would be so wrong...

Especially as one aged...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Soylent Green.

(it's people dammit !!)
edit on 4-2-2012 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Contact Monsanto and tell them how much you hate them.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
And who knows best but those that create and test their own products?

S+F

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
And who knows best but those that create and test their own products?

S+F

I always wonder about the morality and lack of ethics of people working for monsters like this.

I know many do it for a check to survive but can they sleep at night?

Those that have no problem sleeping are lost souls from the start. IMO

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Good find! I hate the thought of eating GM food.. I'd love to make a smarty pants comment, but you guys covered them all! hahaha

I sent off an email to Woolworths telling them not to sell GM food, and that it would bite them in the bum if they did etc, boycott, blah blah etc, evil GM etc... lol

They replied telling me that the Woolworths branded products do not contain GM ingredients, and that they were actively trying to encourage suppliers of other food stuffs to remove GM from their products.

Wether this is true or not I dont know... this was Australia Wooloworths BTW.

If anyone is interested, I'll find the reply I got back and post a link.

Death to Monsanto!

Found it!!
____________________________________________________________________________________

GENETICALLY MODIFIED (GM) FOODS

Woolworths thanks you for your interest regarding specific queries pertaining to our Woolworths Branded Products and the following Customer Information Fact Sheet is intended as a guideline for further clarification. Please feel free to contact us if you require any further explanation on this topic ….

Woolworths is committed to product safety, quality and truth in labelling of our Woolworths Private Label products. We comply with all governing national, state and territory food legislative requirements and ensure transparency and providing our Customers with accurate information about our products.

Our standard practice is to avoid GM material in our Private Label food range. In 2009, we had no Private Label food product requiring GM ingredients labelling.

Our suppliers are required to declare any GM ingredients at product development stage in the Private Label Product Specification in the GMO Declaration section. If GM ingredients are declared, we work with our suppliers in an effort to replace the GM ingredient with a non-GM alternative before finalizing the product specification and the supply contract. The suppliers are contractually bound to adhere to the agreed product specification at all times and cannot change any ingredients without our consent.

We comply with the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) prescribed mandatory labelling requirements for GM foods. FSANZ is the statutory agency that develops the food standards.

We cannot guarantee that the stock feed in meat or dairy products supply chain is non-GM. However, scientific evidence shows that GM material in stock feed is not transferred to milk, meat or other dairy products.

We do not use the term 'GM-free' or 'Genetically Engineered-free' in any labelling or claims. The use of the term 'free' is required, by Fair Trading Legislation, to mean the substance is not present in the product without a trace at any time. 'Free' claims can be misleading for customers as it is possible for trace levels of GM material to be present unintentionally.
edit on 5-2-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by jude11

Especially as one aged...

A Ballchinian from Men in Black 2 comes to mind.

Seriously though, what is up with Americans?
Just taking all this BS lying down.
Ye really need to grow a(n) (extra) pair.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This was posted in 2000? kind of old news. Still, it is Disgusting.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow Monsanto "rationale" is absolutely frightening...

Apparently the difference between GMO and non GMO is "so insignificant" it makes "no sense" to have to "label it" on foods. Yet it is significiant enough to make a multi-million dollar industry out of??

Say wha???

If the difference is “so insignificant” then why continue producing GMO and spending millions researching and developing something “so insignificant”???

THAT is what makes… “no sense”…

You have to be some kind of mentally challenged to not see through that BS…

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join