It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is a better friend of Israel than United States.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

OTTAWA - Canada is a better and stronger friend of Israel than the United States is, says Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird.

Baird offered that and other musings in a sweeping interview with the Jerusalem Post newspaper Friday that capped a Middle East trip highlighted by his unabashed support of Israel in the conflict with the Palestinians.

"There is not a government on the planet today more supportive of Israel than Harper's Canada and the love runs both ways."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

We don't provide billions in financial and military aid to them, but then again we are not calling for 1967 borders either.

I thought this would make for interesting discussion.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Israel isn't the US's friend, they are a secret 51st state.

EDIT: That doesn't pay taxes.
edit on 4-2-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
No kidding.

Canada doesn't ask for money. Canada doesn't start wars. Canada doesn't do false-flags. Canada ain't in Washington buying politicians.

Canada is WAY better than Israel. Eh.

Oh sorry, I thought you said Canada is a better US ally than Israel... my bad.

And sorry, but if Israel treats us like crap and don't respect international law, we ought to not be their ally. The only ones supporting Israel in Canada are in Ottawa and most Canadians don't like them.

"There is not a government on the planet today more supportive of Israel than Harper's Canada and the love runs both ways."

And there isn't one politician that is hated more than Harper in Canada.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

You know, the thing is, I don't quite get it. I'm not much of an historian, so maybe you can explain to me wherein lies the benefit for Harper and his cronies to align themselves with Israel. I do believe there has to be a benefit for anything that Harper does. I'm sure it's not out of heartfelt sentiment. What does Israel have to offer us?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I wish USA was more like Canada. What a great place it could be.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Honestly, America should disassociate with them war-mongers and hateful tools altogether.

...before they bring America into World War 3 bringing death to of all of us. Their thirst for blood and destruction and their LOVE of WAR needs to remain over there in their land and NOT INVOLVE America.

No more SUPPORT, and no more TAX DOLLARS for them.

Time for them to break free from Mommy-Americas teet.

edit on 4-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Stephen Harpoon has stuck his spearhead tines into every possible aligned country known to mankind in a desperate attempt to stay in office.

You can't continue a political career when only 10 average non-incorporated citizens vote for you.

He's a schmuck to the 'enth degree. And when we Canucks call someone a schmuck unapologetically, you know we mean business.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Now I'm not some anti-Semite or anything but.... can't those damned Jews help themselves? They throw guilt around like a friggin' medieval mace, and smack it into every western countries face.

Seeking help or alliances to help them in their own self-created # fest conflict with EVERY COUNTRY that surrounds them.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Canned2na because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
LOL..Good for them.Israel is not our friend and the sooner the world realizes that the better..Viva la IRAN..lol

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Does Canada provide $3 Billion in military aid a year?

No.

Does Canada have widespread influence in the Middle East and massive military capabilities?

No.

Harpers government is a joke.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Please. Don't turn this thread into a Hate Harper topic. As much as I am against his alligence to NATO wars and Big Prisons.. I respect him because he is an intelligent economist, with a degree in the field, an has dug us out of a double-dip recession.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I always find it funny, though at the same time a little sickening, to see the politicians all lining up, especially when election time rolls around, to pledge their support for Israel and try to out-do each other and show who can be Israels biggest bitch!

It's not just the state of Israel though, but the financiers who allow them to hold power and groom the leadership for office over many years. For such a small percentage of the voting populace, the politicians sure do spend a lot of time and effort bowing to them. If only they spent so much energy on supporting the people of their own country instead, we might be in a better position and have better leaders.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Canada has become nothing more than a Zionist stooge:

Next in Canadian news, we will be bulldozing Native Reserves for Jewish settlements to protect the Israelis from Iran

I wish there were some worthy candidates to vote for during the last election, giving Harper the majority is probably one of the worse things to ever happen to Canada!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Canada does not provide Israel with tons of money and equipment and does not have wide influence in the middle east than we do. That's just BS, i know a lots and lots of people in Canada including the West hated Israel with a passion a lot and so does the rest of the world except America.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It is the old game.

They have the meat (money) , they shake it so the dogs jump and get it and obey the master.

Even though there is much meat , they always claim "we don't have much , the fastest dog shall get this piece".

then there is a competition among dogs to get the meat ( to bow to Israel and show they are slaves ).

So when your government guys show that they are slaves , then what are you ?

new topics

top topics

join