It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria may put it's cards on the table....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I heard on CNN today that Syria is going to submit a draft resolution to United Nations security council to make the middle east a "WMD free zone". You know what this means right!??! Well if syria is willing to give up their weapons or if they don't have any at all that means that Isreal will have to give up there Nucler Weapons. We all know Isreal won't do that for nobody. In fact from what it look like Isreal dosn't really care what the U.N thinks www.middleeastnews.com...

Now iran is starting sh*t
news.yahoo.com...

This is just what I feared this is not going to stay in I raq for long. WWIII may e closer than we think?!?!?!

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hmm

That's a long list of UN resolutions.
It amazes me that Syria is actually thinking about giving up their WMD.

It seems that Iran is not going to be cooperative on that plan..I guess they are next to be 'freed'.

Only time will tell

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Putting themselves in a position to cry "hippocrit" when the US doesn't pressure Isreal to eliminate it's nuclear arsenal (which of course, will never happen, as it's the main thing keeping them from being attacked).

The only reason they're willing to agree, is that they know all parties won't, so they come off looking like the good guys....

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As well they should. Isreal doesn't need WMD, and neither does the United States. In fact, let's get rid of all of them!

This could turn out to be good or bad. Depending on the cooperation of certain countries...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well the problem is that when they all agree to get rid of WMD, some always keep a few behind, just in case...

In the 1980's (correct me if I'm wrong) the US and Russia agreed to stop their biological weapons programs. Years later they found your that in secret, the russians were still tsting and developing biological weapons...

But you are right about israel, they really dont need them...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
In fact from what it look like Isreal dosn't really care what the U.N thinks

AH ! The U.N !!!

More than 80% of the nations who are in the U.N are dictatorships ! # the U.N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Israel is a sovereign nation and i doubt they will _ever_ willingly get rid of its WMD. What is a grave threat to world peace however, is that they are regularly threatening to use them. That's one of the main reasons reason for terrorism and 9/11 things.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's not a very good reason to crash a jetliner into a building. I think it's a horrible reason.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
absolutely horrible you are right. But the people we're dealing with dont live in the fallacious consumerist environnement like we do but in despair, poverty and indignity.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That and they are brainwashed to do things that are evil.(to us) It's just sad.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Irael doesn't need their nukes (alleged nukes, that is)?
They are always threatening to use them (you know, the things they still haven't officially admitted to having)?
The murderers struck the Trade Center, the Pentagon, and another plane was augered into the dirt because Israel threatens to use nukes all the time?

Israel is surrounded by states that have already attacked her before, and these same states call on her demise. They support terrorism against her, and they, not Israel, have created the "Palestinian" situation so that they may use these poor people as political leverage against her.

As Jesse Jackson said, we need some proportionality here.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
and they, not Israel, have created the "Palestinian" situation so that they may use these poor people as political leverage against her.

I admit that this is a conspiracy forum, yet blaming the victims of Israel's violence, like the 3000 palestinian victims in the last 2 years alone, on the arabs seems quite illogical. That kind of reasoning is morally totally unacceptable. You could blame anything on anyone with that kind of cynism.

(Yes we killed them, but they conned us into doing so, believe us!)

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by abstract_alao
In fact from what it look like Isreal dosn't really care what the U.N thinks

AH ! The U.N !!!

More than 80% of the nations who are in the U.N are dictatorships ! # the U.N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did Bush get in office again?!?!?!? Yea that's what I thought

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i been sayin since day 12 this will be the start of a multinational war. syria is really goin to put israel into a difficult spot, most likely being an attempt to push the UN against the israelis, if that happens, the US will HAVE to back up israel. syria is probably smarter than it looks tryin to turn the world against us.... maybe we're dumber than they are for underestimating the chances of it working............

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
phoenix cross,

you are analyzing the situation in terms of we/they, and thereby ommiting the fact that security in the mid-east can only be attained if the middle eastern nations are equal in rights. If they are not, it is a hegemonical situation which may work for some time, but is ultimately programmed to fail. The Syrian paper stipulates a WMD free mid east, which is, in my opinion, a first step in the correct direction : disarmament, which in turn is a prerequisite for lasting peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
while i understand military disarmament would keep people over here in the west happy, a small group of religious radicals could just as easily go around and kill people. what it all boils down to in the middle east is religion. look at palestine and israel for example. other than the fact that a bunch of jews were just thrown on palestine, the difference came in religion. muslims and jews can't get along, and the fact that many puzzled palestinians were wondering why people kept calling the place israel. in the jewsish religion, men and women have more or less equality. however, in the islamic faiths, women are a lot more ahhh subdued than men. look at afghanistan for example, no schools, viels, and stuff like that kept women and men seperate in levels of jobs they could hold, and what they learned, not to mention the clothes thing which i understand none at all. to make the sharply varying religions of the middle east tolerate each other, they must become educated about each other. and as we can see from the quality of education in iraq, it probably won't happen very quickly, especially since most of these peoples have the 'we above all' mentality. peace won't come cheap or easy, i say we should just let them fight it out amongst themselves. it was our involvement over there that got them mad at us in the first place, troops being in their 'holy land' or whatnot. damned oil-rich middle east.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately the only way to get peace is to get rid of religion (or at least organized religion). Don't see that happening too soon.

I'm not anti-Isreal, but I do think the US needs to stop favoring them so much.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
the underlying reasons for a war are always economic...

Though I agree whole-heartedly that getting rid of organized religions would be a good thing...
Of course, I'm sure our god-fearing members would quickly disagree...

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think the Syrian Plan was passed on the Syrians as an ultimatum. I will not speculate who because I know that is not possible to do with accuracy, but I do think that the whole plan is totally foreign. I do not think one bit that this was a plan the Syrians came up with. I think it was blunt and threatening advice to consider. It was like a mafia payoff. You know how that goes, you don't take the money, you die; you take the money, and you die later. So the Syrians chose take the money. They were given a choice, follow 'our' plan or be the next Iraq.

Now when I say "The next Iraq.", I don't mean that the country is likely to become like Iraq has, I just mean that it will be another 30-year hostage taking of the foreign policy procedures of that government. They will effectively be in check, just like Iraq was for the last 25 years.

Now that Syria has played it safe, they will most likely be spared. Yes, they will follow the road that Iraq did, because they still support HizbAllah. That will lead to sanctions on their people effectively destroying them and making them more prone to hatred, violence, and disorder. Look at Iraq right now. That is what Syria has to look forward to, thanks to the evil plotters. This evil is not confined to American-Israeli arenas, like is usually implied by the conspiracy theorists, but this is conspiracy far more vast. This conspiracy is dimensional.

The Israeli's and the American's are only the pawns. They are the slaughter. They are the one's who won't be spared. For it is 'our' hand that 'controls everything', as is what has been told. Yet only the ignorant believe that.

For the real power is not within the Israeli and American political systems but within the Black Nobility of the European Monarchs and the ranks of the Round Table, Bilderberg Group, International Monetary Fund, Royal Institute of International Affairs, United Nations, Trilateral Commission, and the Council on Foreign Relations.

This conspiracy against the Jews, Americans, and Muslims is bigger than those groups above. They are players over the Israeli-American political system and they control those arenas. Yet the Round Table and the IMF are only more pawns. They are controlled by the Order of the Bath, the Illuminati, and other demons of hell.

Yeah that is the talk of 'madmen' but so is talk about Moses and Jesus. Why is the the idea of Satan 'mad talk'?????? Why is it any different than God talk?????

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I feel we need to back ISREAL FULLY. Also stopping religon. ARE YOU ALL COMMUNIST????? IT wont be done and it will never be done. Man knows he is part of someting bigger. IF you dont believe in God you believe in nature, buddah, the force, and a million diferent other things. Man need somtin bigger to hold on to.

Isreal needs our full backing as being the only democratic state as of now (Iraq in a couple months) They also need nukes. If there was to be a WMD free zone do yall really think all of these muslim states will comply perfectly. You have to see that heses are the most hypocratic ppl on the face of teh earth. I know Isreal would keep acouple but these freakin arabs will get a terrosist to go in the first chance they have with a god dammned nuke in a suite case and blow tel-aviv up!!

new topics

top topics

join