The mind of a bully<

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What really makes one person pick on another.Is it pecking order?Was Darwin right about selection of the fittest?....I'm confused,and tough enough to stick up for wrong doing.Just pondering about it from a non religious point of view.Snitches get stitches eh...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by saroncan

Bullies attack other because it make them fel better to make someone else miserable. When I was in grade school I got bullied alot for being short and fat, then i hit 13 and grew up 2 feet taller over the summer and man it was pay back time

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ego & fear

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Im thinking it's passed down through generation to generation.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Most bullies feel bullied themselves. And vice versa, a lot of people that feel bullied are a lot of times bullies themselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Fear of being exposed?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm surprised, all the bullies are hangin back on this one.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan

Fear of being exposed?

fear of being the dominated instead of dominator
fear of losing power
fear of being vulnerable
fear of losing control
fear of other people
fear of what other people think
fear of the unknown/unknowable
fear of being exposed

fear fear fear fear fear

any act of hate is derivative of a fear. don't fear.
edit on 2/4/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I think that bullies are usually truing to cover their own feelings of inferiority.

I was always quite short and got picked on by other kids for years. One day, when picked on by one of the biggest, heaviest kids in school (Ash), I just snapped and gave him a single punch to the jaw, with all my body weight behind it. I nearly broke my hand but I knocked him out & he was taken off to hospital.

Now, normally I would not advise violence but this worked for me. I was never bullied by anyone ever again.

I even made friends with the other guy because we were both on detention for fighting. He never bullied anyone again either.

I did learn, though, that you stand up to bullies and they back down. Once you deny them the satisfaction of overcoming you, they stop trying pretty quickly.

(Kids do stupid stuff & I was no exception. Kids, do not try this at home!)

edit on 4/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
sometimes it's passed down through the family

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Very well to the point of the matter.,,2 stars for you.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Bullies attack other because it make them fel better to make someone else miserable. When I was in grade school I got bullied alot for being short and fat, then i hit 13 and grew up 2 feet taller over the summer and man it was pay back time

me too lol, even to this day the guy that bullied me is # scared of me.

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
ego & fear

couldn't have said it better myself

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

And i'm sure your life turned out differently.Thanks for the respons(ibility).

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The majority of the bullies I have known throughout life were products of narcissism. Granted, a few bullies had troubled home lifes and were bullied themselves so they choose to take it out on others (the classic "reason" used to explain bullies). But, like I stated at the beginning of the post, Most of the bullies I know or have ever encountered had a good home life, wealthy family, plenty of friends, got good grades in school/have good jobs and were/are popular. That is why I feel that most bullies are products of narcissism, because I have lived it and witnessed it.

In high school all but 2 of the well known bullies had wealthy families, plenty of friends. lots of girls, all the new and fashionable clothes and had parents that were active in their lives. Hence IMHO narcissism is the greatest contributor to bullies. They are on a power trip and feel that everyone else that is not on their level is below them and worthy of getting their money stolen (even though the bullies didn't need money), getting beat up and severely ridiculed in front of their peers.

I had one kid that bullied me constantly. He was one of the 2 that I know of that had a bad home life. I had to fight him and beat him for him to keep distance from me and that still didn't help. Once he found out who my close friends were, one day after they followed me home from school to look out for me, it was only then that he totally ceased to bully me.
edit on 4-2-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I like it when bullies get owned..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I went through that as well. Short and fat. During my 14th summer I grew to over 6 feet tall. Though I should not have, I did go back and inflict pain on those bullies.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagittarian69

Sometimes violence is necessary, especially with bullies. I don't care if some of you don't agree with that but the truth tends to be an ugly animal sometimes.

My youngest is now getting bullied at school. He is 5 years old! I taught him that he has a personal "bubble" and if anyone enters it that he is to warn them to back off or he will be forced to protect himself. If the warning isn't heeded than my son has my permission to punch the bully in the nose. I have no problem with that philosophy and I endorse it upon my 2 boys.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I agree with inferiority, and yes fear too, but it's too simple, imho.

I vote go for prejudice, family/group prejudice against working and social class/status, education, body size or traits (a whiney voice comes to mind), religion, nationality, clothing. Although someone could argue that it's really fear, I think it can also be a genuine dislike of another for reasons that don't necessarily involve fear.

There's ignorance about the other person's culture too, for instance a foreigner's clothing that automatically makes someone stand out, particularly if a bully's family is full of prejudice and has imparted it to the bully.

Something that wasn't mentioned either is listening to gossip. All bully types I've personally known were gossipy types and loudmouths that could have used more schooling.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'd agree that fear is behind a lot of bullying, but the other reason I have managed to identify is envy.

Most of the time it's hard for the victim to work out what they have that the bully envies, but there'll be something. So long as the bully is keeping you down, you can't enjoy whatever you have that they'd like for themselves.

If it's your looks or your popularity or your intellect, then of course fear kicks in too. The bully doesn't want you to have the power that good looks,social skills and / or intelligence can achieve for you. So s'he crushes the opposition - that's you - in an effort to usurp your position in the pecking order.

Fear and envy - the causes of most of the trouble in the world.

To anyone who is the victim of a bully, don't believe what they say to belittle you. You're being picked on because the bully has identified an enviable quality that you possess, even if it's something that you can't see for yourself. It's hard to take being bullied as a compliment
but that bully has seen something good in you. If you can learn what it is and develop it, they will have done you a favour.

Oh - and sometimes there is a sexual element to it. If someone really fancies you but you're out of bounds or you're not interested in them, really watch out. Especially if the other person is above you in some way, in the workplace for instance. That's another one that's hard for the victim to fathom out.
edit on 4-2-2012 by berenike because: more info

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spieluhr

I've been constantly bullied throughout childhood and adulthood but have never bullied others myself.

I guess it's a power trip for them.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join