It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody else think that the NASA GRAIL's video of the Moon's far side is a CGI job?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
No it doesn't look like CGI to me.The kinda soft plasticy look is caused by use of noise reduction processing,no matter how good it is not only will it get rid of noise but also quite a bit of fine detail.
I use this and if I get a bit happy with the amount of noise reduction and it has the exact same effect......
www.imagenomic.com...
If they were going to use CGI,they'd get it absolutely perfect with the technology available today that there budget would give them access to.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. When I first saw the video my initial reaction was laughter. I felt like I was watching a video game.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Answer the freaking question..
Who are these amateur astronomers who have photographed the dark side of the moon..and how the hell did they manage to do this since you cannot see that side from Earth?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You know, i'm more intrigued to know why casually it was called GRAIL? as in the holy grail? what are they looking for, are they really looking at the moon or looking for something else? an acronym can be reverse engineered from anything, so i'm wondering what the real meaning of GRAIL is.

"Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory" really? i'm sorry but as an engineer myself that sounds ridiculous, gravity recovery? recovery of what? really? interior what? so all previous laboratories were exterior? the name just sounds ridiculous and meaningless.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

...Because thinking it relates to the holy grail isn't ridiculous or meaningless.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Any earth based astronomers who claim to have taken photos of the dark side of the moon must have a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE one of these attached to Venus..............

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan
You know, i'm more intrigued to know why casually it was called GRAIL? as in the holy grail? what are they looking for, are they really looking at the moon or looking for something else? an acronym can be reverse engineered from anything, so i'm wondering what the real meaning of GRAIL is.

"Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory" really? i'm sorry but as an engineer myself that sounds ridiculous, gravity recovery? recovery of what? really? interior what? so all previous laboratories were exterior? the name just sounds ridiculous and meaningless.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

The GRAIL satellites are measuring variations in their orbits to locate and map fluctuations in the density of the Moon. Changes in density (or concentrations of mass, if you wish) will produce changes in local gravity fields that aren't noticeable by humans, but have measurable impact on bodies in orbit. Thus, this mission is using (G)ravity to (R)recover data about the Moon's (I)nterior. "GRI" really doesn't have the same PR impact as a full-up English word would have, so somebody in the NASA Public Information department probably decided to tack on (L)aboratory at the end. *shrug* Unless you believe that Jesus dropped his favorite wine cup off on Luna on His way back upstairs, or that the Knights Templar had a secret space program (maybe they hitched a ride with the Nazis?), I don't think the Other Grail has any real connection to the Moon.

Count your blessings. "GRAIL" sound much better than the "Beyond Atmospheric Reach - Networked Gravity Research Initiative, Lunar Laboratory", aka the NASA BAR - N - GRILL.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Brother Stormhammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well that video was less than thrilling

The spacecraft will apply the brakes with their insertion burn by 430 mph (692 kph) and 427 mph (687 kph) respectively to a more manageable speed.
Then in March they will set an orbit altitude of about 34 miles (55 kilometers) .

Looking forward to the video from the flyovers then.

I'm guessing camera malfunction..., although they just..... just... might amaze us.

Ocker

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Kaifan

...Because thinking it relates to the holy grail isn't ridiculous or meaningless.

No actually. Not to me anyway.
In what other context have you heard the word Grail used before?

It seems like the title 'Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory' was constructed
to fit the acronym GRAIL, more than the other way around.
As Kaifan comments, 'Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory' doesn't appear
to make much obvious sense.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

So what's the relation to the holy grail then?

Is it on the moon?

Is the moon it?

Perhaps it's a hologram?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by pshea38

So what's the relation to the holy grail then?

Is it on the moon?

Is the moon it?

Perhaps it's a hologram?

Maybe on the 55km flyover we will see it in a crater

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
i'm no expert in this field ,what i find interesting is the option to build a space station rather than a moon base ..the benefits of gravity, exploration,mapping,colony out way floating around in a pressurized container .. i'm not sure if radiation has been a factor for not building a moon base ..the moon is a complete enigma ..40 years since we last walked on the moon,there has to be something there resource wise..its huge and totally unexplored ..any thoughts

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Does anybody else think that the NASA GRAIL's video of the Moon's far side is a CGI job?
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Absolutely! The evidence of their disinformation is quite overwhelming, so its easy to imagine this would be no less.
Hope I dont get any penalties for sharing an opinion with you.
NASA is inside ATS alreay in form of some membes and i fear even more.
But they have so much brainpower working against threads like yours, so they make these posts ridiculed with ease, but its good to just dismiss their posts. You know who I mean and see the patterns in space related threads yourself.
And thanks for that post, everybody makes their own conclusions and Im with you in this one.

I don't think I broke any rules with this post and if it gets removed, please let me know what was the crime here, because last time I didnt quite get it why I got my post deleted and penalties without a warning. Just want to know whats off the limits, calling NASA a liar, or thats how I feel it was even if I think I have a right to that opinion.
Or maybe NASA is deeper in here than just some members..
Peace..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

It's a whole lot easier to exit our atmosphere and track into orbit then to go to the moon. In the earths orbit there is at least some chance of help arriving. On the Moon none. Imagine the MASSIVE amount of Oxygen that you would have to take to the moon on a regular basis and the extreme danger of taking compressed Oxygen in mass amounts on a rocket into space. Talk to any truck driver who transports gases what Altitude change does to their cargo. It isn't all that simple down here let alone getting it into space.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes at me. I never suggested that we shouldn't look for alien structures on the moon, I merely pointed out the absurdity of the OPs claim that amateur astronomers could see such alien structures but NASA was still trying to hide them. If they were so obvious that any amateur with a decent telescope could see them scientists wouldn't be able to keep them a secret (as if they had a reason to to begin with).

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PriestOfAries

i'm sure the logistical side would be a huge undertaking ..but in the long term surely it would out weigh an orbital base ,introducing plant life to create an artificial in built environment ,i'm sure NASA could come up with ways of producing a breathable environment to support life in dome like structures..would also be a great place for telescopes, satellites?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

It would be very interesting, I came to the conclusion a couple a months back that the only reason the US starts ramping up space explorations is to beat Russia. So if Russia can get back on track and stop having the issues their having now, and start having interesting missions. Nasa will stop being a Bridge builder to Muslim nations (stupidest thing I've ever heard, ya even beats space Nazi's) and start chargin out into space again. Go Mother Russia!! Info on that's is in the link below. Found it very interesting.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-2-2012 by PriestOfAries because: I can't type to save my life

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
you can't really expect a project aimed at getting school-kids interested in planetary science to use the more advanced pictures sampled by LRO, can you?

here is the hi-res info, as collected by LRO:

The 8th LROC Planetary Data System (PDS) release includes images acquired between 16 Jun 2011 and 15 Aug 2011. This release includes 83,010 EDR images totaling 8.5 Tbytes and 83,010 CDR images totaling 17 Tbytes worth of data. To date, the LROC team has released to the PDS a total of 586,217 images (EDR) totaling 64.7 Tbytes. The complete LROC PDS archive can be accessed via the URL lroc.sese.asu.edu...

I guess you can download all the Data sets and examine it in full detail to find your alien artifacts and alien bases.

what is the cameras on GRAIL FOR? (moonkam)

Students at middle schools across the country will be able to get in on the GRAIL mission's spirit of discovery. The satellites will carry special cameras, and during the science phase of the mission, students can send in requests for the cameras to take photos of specific areas on the lunar surface. The images will be posted on the Internet, and students can refer to them as they study highlands, maria, and other features of the Moon's topography.

Bottom line is: it is a student project, for middle-school children

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

The satellites will carry special cameras

Bottom line is: it is a student project, for middle-school children

Special? As in retarded or what?

don't know about the video...but...It just sounds rediculous. Oh...we're flying an orbiter to the moon...to do some gravity survey...let's not burden it with good cameras...we'll use those special ones. Who needs pictures anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Google Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter

There was no need to send high quality cameras with this mission, is this fact so hard to believe?

NASA does do more than take photos you know...

And why is it that all the conspiracy theories are based around the images and videos NASA took, but never the piles and piles of other data available??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join