It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody else think that the NASA GRAIL's video of the Moon's far side is a CGI job?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
That's why I didn't put this thread in the Space Exploration topic. The more I watch this video, the more I'm convinced that's fake. I assume any person familiar with CGI render and programs such as 3D Max, Bryce and many others in which is not that hard to load a hi-res textured bump map of the Moon's surface onto a sphere, working some cameras and light sets and animate it, may have thought the same about the 1st video released by NASA's GRAIL mission. And some programs like Eon Vue produce VERY VERY realistic results almost impossible to distinguish from real videos.
Not to mention the usual lack of background stars, which suggests that if the video is authentic, it's been denoised and cleaned up to wipe out those bogeys that undermine NASA's cover up agenda.

I'm considering this video to be a CGI job, because I totally doubt that NASA would release actual videos of the Moon's far side, with all those giant towers and ancient structures often spotted and even filmed by amateur astronomers.

edit on 2/4/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
weerd when i first watched it before this thread i thought that dosnt look real at all, maybe because theve been feeding us crap images for so long lol, its like look at the moon on a ps3 compared to a snes haha, no but really theres something about it that does not look real, im sure ive seen more realistic moon shots in films and games haha

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
no

prove it is

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
they have edited it anyway i mean, im no expert on cameras, but the lens flare at the start? i mean if it gets lens flare in the picture at an angle but not looking directly at it it? i mean it should at least look very bright still not go dark and grey?
also the colors of the moon actually change along with the background? and then you come to the no stars at all lol nothing? and then theres the right hand side, i mean the craters and the edge of the right hand side look like some two bit game designer made it lol. oh and the transformers dark side of the moon and apollo 18 look more realistic and there cgi which means one of two things nasa still is using shawoddywoddy cameras or oue cgi actually now looks more real than real life haha

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

with all those giant towers and ancient structures often spotted and even filmed by amateur astronomers.

Man if I had a drink I would have done a spit-take reading this. I mean sure I've seen the super-blurry zoomed in images PURPORTING to show "towers" and "structures" on the moon but no evidence has ever been presented to suggest that they are real or artificial in any way. No offense but I think I trust actual scientists a bit more than amateur "astronomers". The video you posted below that of NASA's shows no tower from what I can see, I couldn't even find a single crater or rock that even looked remotely artificial. Maybe if I squint real hard and already had a predisposed belief to this sort of thing I'd see it

Let's pretend though that there are structures on the moon, presumably ancient and alien in origin yes? Hiding them for a short-while makes sense but hiding them for half a century? And if they are so easily spotted by these brilliant amateur astronomers you mention why would they deny their existence still? The scientists discovering these structures would be Nobel prize winners, they would end our cosmic loneliness and prove life exists beyond the Earth, why would they hide the information?
edit on 4-2-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
im guessing you still think sadam and nukes or chem weapons, and was going to take on the world?

not saying i believe the moon has anything on it, but quite frankly even if donald trump was born there with obama and they came here in a floating castle in the sky, i dont think they would tell us.

the world works on lies and truth, whenever it suits, big business can end of lies or profit from them, same goes for governments its whatever suits them at the time, not what is in your best interest. ie say theres life on the moon, say there not really nice chaps, would they say hey theres a really advanced race, they live around the block, the like nazi aliens and they dont want to play chess, dont worry its all okay were going to ignore them and they will leave us alone

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No.

I can't imagine how "amateur" astronomers managed to find giant moon towers on the far side of the moon. Explain to me how this is possible.

Also, even if the whole far side of the moon was chalk full of spires, towers, domes, and lunar coliseums-you wouldn't be able to even make them out at the image resolution if this video.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

Not to mention that those twin crafts are supposed to be the cutting edge technology of NASA to remap the Moon, and the first video released is way too low res to justify the whole buzz made around this mission.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Ask John Lenard Walson how is it possible!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'm considering this video to be a CGI job, because I totally doubt that NASA would release actual videos of the Moon's far side, with all those giant towers and ancient structures often spotted and even filmed by amateur astronomers.

Wow you are crazy man listen to yourself!
Here is a couple of questions.

1. Amautuer astronomers can observe the far side of the moon?
Why astronomers cant see far side off the moon

2. If there was ancient alien structures on the moon why on Earth are they on the far side? Wouldn't it make sense to have a visual of Earth, and the Earth side of the moon is shielded by the dangers of space by you guessed it Earth.
Why the far side of the moon is more dangerous.

There are many more impact craters on the Far Side the Moon unseen from the Earth is called the far side.
I dont believe everything NASA says and shows but everything cant be a lie.

A bit of common sense goes along way.
edit on 4-2-2012 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Why anyone trusts anything that comes out of NAZI NASA is beyond me.
Have we not learned anything? Really?
The best way to proceed with NASA is to assume complete fakery until
categorically convinced otherwise!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I actually don't think too much about it. Who cares? We've got too many terrestrial things to worry about.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

Not to mention that those twin crafts are supposed to be the cutting edge technology of NASA to remap the Moon, and the first video released is way too low res to justify the whole buzz made around this mission.

Not to mention that the cameras being used are not the primary mission and are for novelty and opportunistic use for school aged children.

The mission wasn't to video tape the far side of the moon. It was to gravity-map it.

The GRAIL Science Team will conduct six lunar science investigations to:

Map the structure of the crust & lithosphere.
Understand the Moon’s asymmetric thermal evolution.
Determine the subsurface structure of impact basins and the origin of mascons.
Ascertain the temporal evolution of crustal brecciation and magmatism.
Constrain deep interior structure from tides.
Place limits on the size of the possible inner core.

Don't see photography anywhere on their list of objectives. That is part of the public outreach and educational aspect of the mission.

The public outreach and Student Collaboration elements of the plan feature up to 5 "E/PO MoonKam" camera-heads on each spacecraft that will provide images and video of the lunar surface, deep-space, Earth, and the GRAIL spacecraft

My guess, since I found nothing of the specific types of camera's being utilized is that they aren't using top-of the line cameras because it wasn't the mission objective. Hence the lower-resolution returns.

edit on 4-2-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Where do these astronomers live? Mars?
You're aware we can't see the far side of the moon from Earth, correct?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Have you even bothered to read up on what the mission is about?

You've shat all over it without even knowing what it's about.

How ignorant and arrogant can you get??

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard

You see...you cannot interject known facts into a budding conspiracy theory. The newly formed cesspool must be allowed to fester and brood before it can reach maturity. Interjecting a known variable into a mass of unknowns (of which are not unknown but are considered as such to justify the evolution of facts) only complicates and disturbs the delicate and fragile processes in which a conspiracy must thrive upon.
edit on 4-2-2012 by ownbestenemy because: And this just became my new signature....thank you self...you're welcome other self.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by wWizard

You see...you cannot interject known facts into a budding conspiracy theory. The newly formed cesspool must be allowed to fester and brood before it can reach maturity. Interjecting a known variable into a mass of unknowns (of which are not unknown but are considered as such to justify the evolution of facts) only complicates and disturbs the delicate and fragile processes in which a conspiracy must thrive upon.

Whoops, my bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Everything these people do theres always a stupid pyramid. Jeez when will they get a new symbol im sick and tired and seeing that thing in literly everything.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That sold me on it. 100% evidence it's CGI. Or we'd all see the moon towers like you !

IMO, it does not look cgi. Absent the concept that there are moon people and the like, why would they spend time rendering out something that obviously would look like that anyway?

It all relies on your belief that there are towers and bunkers on the moon.

What would appear more possible. That there are moon structures that NASA actively put effort into faking things in order to keep the earthlings happy in their ignorance, OR that that's what the dark side of the moon appears like?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

Why anyone trusts anything that comes out of NAZI NASA is beyond me.
Have we not learned anything? Really?
The best way to proceed with NASA is to assume complete fakery until
categorically convinced otherwise!

Lol, that's brilliant, from a logical view.

Another one would be "I will believe in faeries until GOD proves to me they do not exist!"

lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join