It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy on ATS by some

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
To end all adult type, open, honest and fact based discussions and to discredit, destroy and make this site a laughing stock of the net?

Being new here I am enjoying the diversity of topics and having a great time posting to various threads...AS a matter of fact, 'this' is my first official post, but unfortunately sometimes I am forced to pull back in disgust at the lunatic rantings, often completely off topic to the post.

This is America and we have freedom of speech and the right to believe in what we wish, regardless of the thoughts of others.

There appears to be so many threads where it seems people attack aimlessly, without thought, hardly even on topic and with total regard to the thoughts, questions, feelings and beliefs of others. Uncontrollable, raving, mainical attacks of lunacy. Agree to disagree, help and support each other in researching the facts.

Spirited debate is good and a trait of adults.

Tirades and useless diatribe are actions best left in grade school.

I'm no pansy and I can lay down an endless stream of insults, cuss words and useless BS with the best, but ATS thru all appearances is a place to come and have educated discussions of interesting news and other topics.

I can already see the middle fingers of some extending to me in honor of my post... lol...

Thank s to everyone here who really wish to read, listen, research and learn.

I'll be watching for your threads.

OC

edit on 4-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Spelling...

edit on 4-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
This is America and we have freedom of speech and the right to believe in what we wish, regardless of the thoughts of others.

not all of us are Americans.

I agree with your sentiment, but do not generalize, sure there are lunatic rantings, but we all have one from time to time.

you have to realize the time we are in is fluid and ever changing. for some people, the ideas behind "apocalypse" are a very real thing, happening in their lives. we live cozy lives enough to be able to sit on a computer and gripe out things that others are living.

for some people to stumble upon ATS and warn us that there is something crazy going on, I for one listen intently to everything that is being said.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

This is America and...

You lost me about here....( This is the Internet....a global phenomena shared by millions across the globe, there's more to life then just America believe it or not!

And no, no ATS conspiracy going on here, just a conspiracy site where people talk about...***ding, ding, ding***, you guessed it....conspiracies!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Unfortunately, it's part of human nature to insult or make rude and off-topic comments. I do think that it is a small minority of members that do this on a regular basis though, and to be honest.....sometimes the comments are warranted due to idiotic threads or post.

I have seen far worse on other sites, and have to say ATS has by far the most responsible and thought provoking people anywhere on the net.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This is America

Nope, this is the World Wide Web.

and we have freedom of speech and the right to believe in what we wish, regardless of the thoughts of others.

ATS is a privately owned website with term and conditions.... free speech has never and will never exist on ATS.
You are not free to post whatever you like and you certainly are not protected by any constitutional laws or any other laws.

I agree with the spirit of the rest of your post, just wanted to clear those 2 points up.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

To end all adult type, open, honest and fact based discussions and to discredit, destroy and make this site a laughing stock of the net?

Being new here I am enjoying the diversity of topics

This is America

Actually this is bigger than America ,hard to believe but there are other countries out there ,Although your country will always be the best
edit on 4-2-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It seems this sentence in your post won't make it into history...

This is ATS.

No conspiracy, just people like you and me sharing idea and discussing alternative news. Thousands and thousands of members. So you do get the odd off topic poster once in a while but the big picture is what I look at. And the big picture is that this is the best conspiracy website out there.

No serious competition.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

This is a conspiracy site. Given that, you will encounter a wide variety of types here. From the outright delusional, to the odd government account.

With this type of subject matter, the proportion of complete nutters is quite high. It is something you will just need to deal with as best you can.

Some of us are quite scientific and do examine the conspiracies for information of what is going on. We are quite able to wade through the nonsense, if there is truth to be found, so do not think for a moment that it will put us off.

There is certainly a conspiracy to ignore the nutters if that makes you happy.

link   
hi op

i know how you feel
agreed with post above
ats is great such a wide variety of topics
dont worry if you get flamed
even mods get flamed on here lol
Sorry mods just saying you get it wrong now and again
But saying that, thanks for keeping things on topic
(my nose aint brown..yet lol)
edit on 10/25/2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

link   
Brutal.....I'v been workin on that one for at least a week,and the short story contest.Being a greenhorn here and all>
*/f

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Well if theres not there outta be because they advertise this site like its a site to showcase conspiracies etc but what they really mean is conspiracies and topics that they allow you to cover here.

You DEFINETLY can't just say anything here thats for sure, or they'll cut it before it even hits the board. They monitor EVERYTHING and read ALL the Posts before it is entered into Forums and New Topics. However if they are busy then you have to wait till they have time to read it and by that time your post could be so far down the list it never sees the light of day.with all the Posts they have waiting in the Que.

There are more Post Monitor Police here then you can shake a stick at thats for sure........some of them are kewl but still only as kewl as their own personal moral fiber allows them to be.

That's why I will respond to posts but rarely will I Post any Original threads. I'm kinda hopin that another site opens up that not only talks about Free Speech but leaves room for it as well.

Hey but who am I to say right?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Sometimes people say such stupid stuff, though.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeah, a lot of people say a lot of stupid things on ATS.

If I could recommend members who have threads that are sensible, thought provoking and never stray into stupidity or speculation, I'd put forward SLAYER69, zorgon, autowrench, IsaacKoi to name just four (apologies if I missed out names).

Also, look out for JimOberg, he's been working with NASA since the 70s and always has some good, informative posts and scientific facts to debunk the alleged "UFO" threads and posts, as do Chr0naut and Phage.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hi all and thank you for answering...
I honestly appreciate any answer I've received as you see I appreciate free spirited discussion.
My one mistake was not recognizing everyone on here from around the world...
I have always lived in America and always will so it is easy to say, 'here in America'... meant no offense..
I see us all, "WORLD WIDE"... lol ... as having the freedom of speech to join together and share information.
I'm sure this thread will like go little further from here on... but again, I appreciate the answers...
Glad to meet everyone too..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You have to be aware that as well as others who may have their own opinions and strongly so.

Commonly sites like this become infested with "Cointelpro" trolls also who aim to discredit and create flame wars to deviate away from discussions about real topics and issues humanity should be banding together against.

CIA,FBI, Alphabet agency's etc agents.....

They try
but they fail.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

You have to be aware that as well as others who may have their own opinions and strongly so.

Commonly sites like this become infested with "Cointelpro" trolls also who aim to discredit and create flame wars to deviate away from discussions about real topics and issues humanity should be banding together against.

CIA,FBI, Alphabet agency's etc agents.....

They try
but they fail.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

So true Mandrake... the alphabet guys and girls are always listening... I used to get a kick out of screwin with em on my cell... I have a friend who used to travel around the world on business and I always tried to throw in something 'interesting' everytime we talked... and no, I don't it anymore because of their rules change and they could come and get ya without reason... so quiet I am... no more games... lol

top topics

join