It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peak Oil Lie: Oil is NOT going to run out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
NOTE TO MODS: I know some of this has been discussed in various forms before. However, this is a new take on the information and is presented in a new, clearer way. Please allow this important information to stand in an opening post.

Originally posted by lazernation

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by Moonatic
I sure hope ...we get to meet them soon before the worlds oil reserves runs out.

This is the BIGGEST secret of them all. The oil is not going to run out any time soon, or in the next five generations.

If anyone wants me to keep quiet about this then I'm waiting for my check!

You have any evidence of this, fella? Not saying you're a liar, or anything
Just a little piece of data to support your assertion would be nice.

Above is some dialogue from another thread. I made the claim that "the biggest secret of them all" is in fact that oil will not run out for a very long time. Why is that important?

The future of big oil depends on the fact that we all assume that cheaper, cleaner alternatives to oil will inevitably coma along as the price of oil rises. The consequence of this assumption is that we do not pressurise our governments with much urgency to develop alternatives or better still force the release for the greater good of all relevant patents, many of which are "owned" by big oil or governments.

Harvard PhD graduate Jerome Corsi wrote, “Oil companies are making record $100 billion annual profits not because oil is scarce … but because we believe it is.”

In modern life, everything depends on energy. We need to be energy independent. Not as nations but as individuals. That is the only way to resolve the global economic and social disasters that look set to happen this century.

The bottom line of what I am saying is that you are being ripped off and enslaved by energy dependency. If you want to do something about this, now is the time. Any questions and I am contactable by PM or on this thread if you really care.

Mr. X from the JFK Movie: Colonel Prouty

Col. Prouty spent 9 of his 23 year military career in the Pentagon (1955-1964): 2 years with the Secretary of Defense, 2 years with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and 5 years with Headquarters, U.S. Air Force. In 1955 he was appointed the first "Focal Point" officer between the CIA and the Air Force for Clandestine Operations per National Security Council Directive 5412. He was Briefing Officer for the Secretary of Defense (1960-1961), and for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Actor Donald Sutherland played a mysterious "Mr. X" in the movie JFK. The inspiration for "Mr. X" is none other than L. Fletcher Prouty.
SOURCE: www.youtube.com...

Could this be why Kennedy was murdered? Here are Prouty's comments on Oil. I do not necessarily endorse his point that oil is not a fossil fuel but the rest of his comments are VERY IMPORTANT.

Here is another film with relevant information. They may not completely agree with what I am saying here but they are close to the truth.

Further Information.

Peak Oil Myth

Iraq's Oil Reserves Bigger Than Previously Thought

North sea Oil Discovery

There is plenty more out there.
edit on 4/2/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My friend , Peak oil is real, prepare for it..

The peak globally is projected to be 2010-2015.

Comsumption is doing a 45 degree and Production is leveling.

Deny if you must, but prepare.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Everything is controlled, and I mean EVERYTHING. They just make us accept what they do. How ever they do that.. well that's for another discussion.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I'm with you on this one. If it really was running out, wouldn't governments and industries worldwide be attempting to decrease usage and dependence and finding alternative methods of power? I think they would. Nice post.
It remains a controversial subject but I think it must be a lie. The government gets huge revenues from taxes on oil while big business gets it at a cheaper price than the consumer (here in Holland anyway). A nasty scam.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I'm with you on this one. If it really was running out, wouldn't governments and industries worldwide be attempting to decrease usage and dependence and finding alternative methods of power? I think they would. Nice post.
It remains a controversial subject but I think it must be a lie. The government gets huge revenues from taxes on oil while big business gets it at a cheaper price than the consumer (here in Holland anyway). A nasty scam.

No, they would be tearing up large plots of land to process bitumen, a nasty oil source that wasn't commercially viable for over half a decade. Then they would be building massive pipeline projects to transport that oil.

They would also be using technologies like fracking to get hard to reach natural gas.

The world is actively engaged in securing hard to reach and hard to process oil reserves. All the indicators that oil is just not flowing like it once did. But perhaps I am wrong... or am I?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You raise good points. I guess the proof will be in the pudding. The next best-guess for peak oil is 2015 or so? Not too long to wait to find out I guess. Hopefully Rossi's eCat thingy will be cheap and easily available by then. I haven't noticed any less cars being produced or sold, nor any less planes or boats moving around the globe. Electric cars are still a bit laughable but at least now slow progress does seem to being made.

Maybe all the fracking and tar sands and all that is just their bid to cash in on even more production and also to give the impression that it is running out, pushing the price even higher in the public's perception. They have enough money that it is at least a possibility...

edit on 4/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Addition/correction

ETA I do know one thing. It was 20 cents in Libya, it's closer to 2 eurodollars here. They are making bucketloads of cash from it so I can't see them wanting to give it up in a hurry.
edit on 4/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

You raise good points. I guess the proof will be in the pudding. The next best-guess for peak oil is 2015 or so? Not too long to wait to find out I guess. Hopefully Rossi's eCat thingy will be cheap and easily available by then.

The e-cat is not going to do anything for the world energy market. Lets get that out of the way first.

A link from the OP outlines exactly what is happening. I wouldn't make bets on 2015 or 2020. New technologies are coming out that are freeing up oil reserves that prior to were not able to be explored.

Is this a good thing? Not really, the oil reserves may increase but there have been riskier oil explorations that are devastating to the environment.

There is another problem of how the oil industries accounts for it's reserves. At any given time it can be far greater or far less than what is being represented because they are often collecting data on potentials, as opposed to realities.

-B

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've never heard of an official theory to suggest that it would run out. What I've heard is that it runs out of known easy sources. This will increase the cost of drilling it and make it more expensive as time passes. Thing to note also that we've been drilling less oil than we use for awhile. Then add the fact that cars and other large users of oils are getting more popular most notably in China. So it's not unthinkable that the prices would skyrocket.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Eventually we must run out, but the biggest threat to our civilisations stability is the repercussions of the economic calamity that will eventuate when demand becomes greater than supply & pushes prices at fuel stations way higher than our economy can handle. This is when we will begin to understand how dependant we are on oil.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow, oil is not going to run out ?!

Ever ?
Like, never ?!

Holy ripped nylons Batman, a miracle has been bestowed upon us !!

Definition of a finite resource:

fi·nite [fahy-nahyt] adjective
1. having bounds or limits; not infinite; measurable.
2. Mathematics . a. (of a set of elements) capable of being completely counted. b. not infinite or infinitesimal. c. not zero.
3. subject to limitations or conditions, as of space, time, circumstances, or the laws of nature: man's finite existence on earth.

Source

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Wow, oil is not going to run out ?!

Ever ?
Like, never ?!

I don't mean never, of course.
Just not for a long time.

The price of oil has been deliberately kept artificially high so even if the cost of extracting it goes up, it will still be economically viable. Also because we have been conned into not putting enough resources into alternatives and some patents have been "locked away" the point where the price of alternatives is lower remains distant.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

What alternatives are there? Electric energy has to come from somewhere, so it's either coal, natural gas or nuclear because wind cannot provide the energy needs of the people...

There are no alternatives as of yet, because we haven't come to the point of developing something commercially viable.

Eventually, technology will come out that can harness solar energy efficiently, but until then we are SOL.

IMO.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho, of course i would find you here.

At times i had my doubts where your allegiences lie, but of course now they are fully transparent.

You are saying the exact things a big oil proponent would, on every occasion. You don´t like the Rossi E-Cat, since that would interrupt the power of the oil companies. You don´t like people finding out the truth about anything else either apparently. Fracking? "that would be something they would do if it really was scarce". Of course if you read between the lines here it is wholly transparent that the reason why they are doing it, is actually to make the illusion more believable. With the amount of superflous money resources they have gotten from overselling oil, they can afford to spend a few millions on fracking in order to maintain this illusion, and to keep the oil prices up.

I do not believe you are lacking the ability of critical thinking, so this whole mess would be obvious to you unless you are trying to fight this revelation from being accepted as gospel.
edit on 5-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I don't like the Rossi ecat because the inventor has a fake engineering diploma, he had a dead university head on the board of his "journal" and he has been previously prosecuted for fraud, all the while soliciting funds for his new project.

As far as oil goes, the world is not leaving the clutches anytime soon, and interest groups are destroying massive tracts of pristine land to develop new oil projects which I am inherently opposed to.

So I am not sure where you think my allegiances lie or how you could understand them in the first place...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by NeoVain

I don't like the Rossi ecat because the inventor has a fake engineering diploma, he had a dead university head on the board of his "journal" and he has been previously prosecuted for fraud, all the while soliciting funds for his new project.

Yet i doubt you knew anything at all of these "reasons" that you dislike him today, before you heard about the E-Cat. Yet you disliked the E-Cat from day one, judging by your post history in virtually every E-Cat thread on ATS, where you so blatantly are trying to cast doubt on it´s viability, in any cheap way possible (example: Character assasination, the epitome of cheap discredit attempt) despite more and more mainstream scientists and organisations confirming it to be the real deal. We are at the point that anyone with common sense and the ability to do a few google searches can confirm it to be real, without the need to read any "peer reviewed papers" or have any other reason to doubt it any longer. Yet you and your ilk seem to never have the ability to reach this point, no matter what. This is not even plausible deniability anymore, it is just blatantly stubborn, foolish, ignorant deniability being displayed, on such a massive scale that it is simply not possible without an underlying hidden agenda.

As far as oil goes, the world is not leaving the clutches anytime soon, and interest groups are destroying massive tracts of pristine land to develop new oil projects which I am inherently opposed to.

Again, trying to reaffirm peoples mindset into the neverending oil dependancy doctrine, which might pursuade the occasional "on the fence" car buyer into finally buying that oil driven car, which in the end will make the oil companies more money than they loose in paying salaries to people such as you. Being "opposed" to destroying pristine land is just a plea to the gullible trying to convey the feeling that you are "one of them", and therefore can´t be the bad guy

So I am not sure where you think my allegiances lie or how you could understand them in the first place...

Maybe now you understand how transparent you are, not everyone is a fool.

Of course you will probably never admit to being a payed shill even if you are, despite admitting it in other threads like THIS one. If you where to be confronted about this(despite being a shill) your excuse would probably be something like "some people don´t understand irony" with some kind of smiley in an attempt to score points/stars from the gullible that think they saw "what you did there". But sometimes, the truth is hidden in plain view as well, which i am sure you know pretty well.

So no, i will not say that you are one... but at least now you know how obvious it would be that you where one, in case you actually where one... which is the next best thing

edit on 5-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think the whole idea of the continued use and dependency on fossil fuels, in and of itself, is the problem, not the availability or the lack of future availability.

The availability of horses and mules never waned, but we moved on to more efficient means of transport. It's time that we moved ourselves on to more efficient means of transport and electrical generation again. Not wind farms or current solar generation, but Thorium florid-salt reaction and such.

The era of burning dead dinosaurs needs to be put behind us. We are a population which has doubled since the late '60s and we can not keep feeding dirty old demand, for the sake of profit and comfort.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

What motive does Col. Prouty have to lie? In his own words "why"?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Of course you will probably never admit to being a payed shill even if you are, despite admitting it in other threads like THIS one.

Sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

You raise good points. I guess the proof will be in the pudding. The next best-guess for peak oil is 2015 or so?

Peak oil is already a reality. Look at the production increase rate pre 2005, and compare it to the last 7 years.

The party ended, and governments scrambled to "keep credit flowing" LOL !!

Really, they tried to deal with the fact that an economic system based on infinite growth on a finite planet was bound to fail...

Because the depression hit globally, demand somewhat leveled out with supply over the last few years. That's why it doesn't seem to have truly hit yet.

We're zombified to what's really happened!!

edit on 5-2-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I thought OPEC limited production and supply at times to satisfy...someone/something? Haven't certain combustion engines also become slightly more efficient due to (beware, I'm not a mechanic by any means) things like...fuel injection, on board computers and the like? I may well be wrong, the combustion engine hasn't changed too much I guess but they do seem to have bolted extra things into the engine to aid efficiency or possibly reliability?
ETA Just o give a ridiculous example...one of the first cars "available" in the UK (?) weighed several tonnes and did either 4 miles per gallon or 4 gallons per mile. It is exhibited (from memory) in the London Science Museum. Circa 1900 (?)
edit on 5/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join