It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone studied with the open university??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone here had or is studying with the OU (uk)?

I'm 20 and currently a bar maid. A college drop out. Any way I decided its time for a proper education.

I've looked and apparently I can get a government loan after sept 2012 to pay for tuition (which is FREE in scotland and ireland I'd like to add!) , also with the OU I can study part time around work, with no previous qualifications, up to the level of undergraduate.

I think I'd like to attempt international studies, and make use of some of these brain cells...

Has anyone got any similar experiences to share? Or any reviews on the OU or the course?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We have the same deal here in Aus. Are you talking about the online study?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
hi op

my mother done an ou course in the 90s
it was child phsychology i think
i think the government only part funded it
and eventualy the fees were way to much
it may be different now i dont know
she never got her certificate

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

hi
my mum did an mba with the ou 20 years ago.at that time it was rated as 3rd best mba course in the world.1st harvard 2nd LSE 3rd open university.she was an experienced company director and after qualification she became one of the top 3 management consultants in her region.no mention was ever made of it being a 2nd rate degree.also i think as an employer myself a mature student who has had the self discipline to study AND work is a sure in.a degree,self motivation and life experience all demonstrated...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hi

Ive just started my degree with OU today! so far so good. i can talk to my tutor when ever i need to and there is a forums for students that are on your course. I am studying for a BSc (Hons) Computing & IT and Design.i Know that courses are free in Scotland but does that applied to the OU if not go her and put your details in and it will tell what you are entitled to

css2.open.ac.uk...

any question let me know

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertruck99

Wow! Impressive. Glad to hear it had a happy ending, that's the re-assurence I needed, thank you.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by funnybones

Thanks for the extra info, so far so good? Ill visit that link now

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i got to say its the best thing Ive done this year i hope you go for it and good luck

top topics

join