It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ezekiel 38 and the Iran-Israel War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was discussing the amount of paranoia instigated by the local news outlets and the Western internet sources regarding Iran with a friend of mine, and somehow the conversation came around him meeting a very unique man, one of Middle Eastern origin, and someone who was highly regarded by one of the governments there. Well this event took place 3 years ago and apparently, this man had the foresight to see a coalition of governments between Turkey-Iran and Russia. So my friend was convinced that the US (the empire of the world) was aware of what was going on and did not like a power struggle, so they're on the verge of preparing the public to hate, and fear Iran, so that their attack maybe justified.

However, neither my friend nor I, nor the man my friend talked about, were Christians. A cursory glance in the direction of Google has resulted in an interesting find. Something most Christians would be aware of by now, but something I had to bring up here to find out exactly when and how this understanding started.

Its Ezekiel 38 and how so many websites translate this verse into meaning that Russia-Turkey-Iran will ally and attack Israel.

The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of[a] Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush[c] and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

Now my question is, is this something that exists in the mainstream teachings of the Bible? I mean, I'm assuming that prophesizing is done with a grain of salt under the tutelage of proper Bible studies but I couldn't be sure.

And if its not something that exists in the mainstream teachings, where and when did it come from?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some questions comes to my mind.

1) Are the bible translations accurate.

2) Have translations been taken over by financial agendas.

3) Are financial interests actually using Bible prophecies as a script.

Powerful forces (Human) may be at work here.

There are large cartels who own the majority of large international corporations with stockholdings.

Those cartels may actually "own" the governments that hold together the populations.

One main agenda to keep the money funnels unclogged is to keep control of the citizens who provide the labor that keeps the wealth heading in the "right" direction (usually away from the exploited areas).

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

3) Are financial interests actually using Bible prophecies as a script.

Interesting question, but if prophecy is true, I am sure the god of the prophets had this all figured out.

To me it looks like all the stage has been set, bound to happen some day.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by will615

If not, why bother with Ezekiel scripture or any Bible text for that matter?

Lets face fact. All religions are fake and their associated texts are written forms of propaganda used as tools to bolster or re-enforce an opinion or agenda.

But why these texts are "Handy" and could maybe used as some sort of prophecy is because there are psycho nut jobs out there who believe in this rubbish that much they are very willing to make these stories or prophecy's come true and unfold as it is written. Even if they have to fake it themselves with a little man made intervention. Get it?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Almost all Biblical Prophecy is concerned with events occurring in the lifetime of the prophets prophesying. Ezekiel, is the last of the books of the Major Prophets and as E W Heaton states “ is the despair of Old Testament Scholars and the ordinary reader"; what Heaton meant by the ordinary reader I am unsure! What I am sure of is that Ezekiel, like all the Major Prophets was very definitely not looking any further forward than a Generation. The absolute profound truth about Prophecy is that it is generation centric, therefore if you want to know what is occurring in the world today, follow "That prophet" who is alive in the day, e.g. today. Even the Bible tells you to follow That Prophet in this day. It is as well to note also That Prophet– like all true prophets – will be a malcontent in his/her own land, but not rebellious, will speak words of fire but will pour them from out of their self like water – water of truth, quenching the fire and brimstone of war, not dread locking!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Yes, the prophecies of Ezekiel 38 and 39 are very well known and often studied and discussed in Christian groups today (and have been for decades). You might find titles on ATS discussing it as the "Gog and Magog War".

edit on 4-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Interesting topic. I have always enjoyed bible prophecy, and Ezekial is an awesome book.

To those naysayers, many biblical prophecies have already come to pass in the most accurate ways. For instance, research the daniel prophecy regarding the Messiah's imminant comming.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Short answer is yes it is a very central theme of study in Christian eschatology. Many of the OT prophecies concerning Israel in the last days couldn't of been possible had the country not been created again in 1948, going on just 64 years ago. The population has grown significantly there over the years and is today one of the most controversial areas on the planet, with hostile neighbors all-around, just as many of the prophets spoke about.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

so prophesy is not real, nor is the bible ask your self this is not Israel a thorn in all nations sides? does Israel exist ? answer them two and you will know if it is all made up

edit on 5-2-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The ONLY way Iran could fulfil there goals of quote on quote "Remove the cancer that is Israel off the map" will be with the aid of Russian forces. So this prophecy doesn't seem so far fetched when you actually think about it.

new topics

top topics

join