It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Liberals REALLY More Intelligent Than Conservatives?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Compare red and blue states. More liberals live in blue states and more right wingers live in red states.

What states have the highest unemployment?

What states pay the lowest in unemployment?

What states have the lowest income?

What states have the highest crime?

What state have the worst roads and bridges?

What states have the worst education?

What states have the highest poverty?

What states have the highest prison populations?

What states have the worst healthcare?

Red states lead in all of these categories, is this somehow liberals faults? or is it a failure in government that the citizens continually elect that has put these states in these categories?

The combination of religious beliefs and low education levels have hurt the general wellness of red states as the citizens keep voting in the same party based on moral issues.

If you take the time to look up each category I have listed you will see red states dominate each group.

Now if your liberal and live in a blue state I can see why you wouldn't want a conservative politician to represent you in congress, the supreme court, or the presidency as they are doing a wonderful job in there own states. Now if your a intelligent person, why would you vote for any conservative politicians?

Red states citizens based on the record of performance why do you still support the republican party? You all like to argue against welfare, but red states are given more welfare than they earn, and they get these funds from blue states....

Seriously the republicans have convinced millions of Americans that our economic issues are because of the illegal immigrants, and not because of the ineptness of the last neoconservative republican administration.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Some Liberals I know watch Steven Colbert as an Actual News Source and refuse to know what is really wrong in this world.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Some Liberals I know watch Steven Colbert as an Actual News Source and refuse to know what is really wrong in this world.

and some watch Fox News and think the same way.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Henley
Difference Between Liberals and Conservatives

If a Conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a Liberal doesn't like guns, they believe no one should have one.

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a Liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a Conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy. A Liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly enjoys life. If a Liberal is homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a Conservative is a minority , he sees himself as independently successful. Their Liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A Liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A Liberal wants all churches to be silenced.

If a Conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A Liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.

If a Conservative disagrees with a Liberal president, he is called a racist. When a Liberal disagrees with a Conservative president, it's patriotic dissent.

If a Conservative expresses his political view, he is called an idiot. A Liberal expressing his political views is expressing his right to Freedom of Speech.

“I never use the words Democrats and Republicans. It’s Liberals and Americans.
- James Watt, Ronald Reagan’s Interior Secretary
What an idiotic thing to say. That chain letter in addition to the quote goes against this site's motto, plus it isn't really helping your case at all given the subject at hand. I really do hope that there are conservatives who aren't stupid enough to believe that nonsense.

Also: toadthoughts.blogspot.com...
edit on 5-2-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

Some people watch Fox News as an actual new source... Colbert did con America into a trillion dollar
war or sell the patriot act or all of W big government policies...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh lord, another thread where the main purpose is to chest thump and scream how much smarter your chosen ideological sects members are than everyone else.

Spare me, it's so boring.
edit on 5-2-2012 by antonia because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The far left and the far right have a lot in common when it comes to 'intelligence'.
I'd say they are pretty much on a par.

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

You can't possibly believe any of that is true.

If you do .. then you prove my point.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I always find that when people agree with me they seem SO much more intelligent than people
who do not agree with me.

This must be the reason that (to me) Libertarians seem like geniuses compared to Republicans and Democrats.
edit on 5-2-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I always find that when people agree with me they seem SO much more intelligent than people
who do not agree with me.

I kind of agree but, I think it's great if the person that doesn't agree with me has an objective reason that required critical thinking. As long that it doesn't get to personal attacks or emotional justification.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

It's not a chain letter. Fact of the matter is: It is all true. Everything that is addressed is a fact.

Conservatives tend to mind their own business. Liberals tend to mind other people's business as their own.

It wasnt posted to be hateful or demeaning to either group.

“It’s not that liberals aren’t smart, it’s just that so much of what they know isn’t so.” – Ronald Reagan

edit on 5-2-2012 by Henley because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
What states have the highest unemployment?

Regional/State Employment

Top 5: Nevada, California, Rhode Island, District of Columbia and Mississippi.

What states pay the lowest in unemployment?

10 Best/Worst State Benefits

Worst 5: Arizona, New York, Louisiana, Alaska, Delaware

Interestingly, if you look at the states the provide the "best" welfare programs it is just across the board in terms of conservative/liberal nonsense.

Top 5: Hawaii, Rhode Island, Iowa, Kansas, North Dakot

What states have the lowest income?

This one requires a deeper analysis that includes cost of living. While these 5 states have the lowest income per capita it generally is cheaper to live there. Just because the area has a lower median income does not preclude anything about politics; unless of course you are a politician and wish to make it about politics.

From 2007 data:
Mississippi, West Virgina, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky

-------------------

I think you get the point. The political ideology is across the spectrum just for the few that I provided for you yet you want to say "Red states lead in all of these categories". This has shown false with the above information.

The combination of religious beliefs and low education levels have hurt the general wellness of red states as the citizens keep voting in the same party based on moral issues.

That is a broad and disingenuous statement. Ignorance breeds ignorant fools no matter your religious philosophy or political ideology. You have proven this.

If you take the time to look up each category I have listed you will see red states dominate each group.

I don't see domination. I see each state in your categories comprising of both "liberal" and "conservative" ran governments.

It seems your argument and the premise you built it upon has crumbled.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It's not a chain letter. Fact of the matter is: It is all true. Everything that is addressed is a fact.
Yes, and your evidence backing up your claim shows that (This comment is sarcastic. Please do not believe that you actually provided evidence. I say this because as you said, you believe everything mentioned in that chain letter is true.)

Conservatives tend to mind their own business.
The War On Drugs, Foreign Wars, Abortion, Gay Marriage. Sorry, you must have been thinking of Libertarians when you said that.

Liberals tend to mind other people's business as their own.
I repeat: The War On Drugs, Foreign Wars, Abortion, Gay Marriage.

It wasnt posted to be hateful or demeaning to either group.

“It’s not that liberals aren’t smart, it’s just that so much of what they know isn’t so.” – Ronald Reagan
You can say that all want, but it's pretty obvious why you posted that chain letter (and that stupid quote to boot).
edit on 5-2-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well I hope you feel better now that you have become angry in your posting. That's another difference between the two groups.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Mississippi, West Virgina, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky

--------The political ideology is across the spectrum

Those states are all conservative, and mostly republican.
edit on Sun Feb 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: added quote tags to split parts of quote

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How Americans Vote - The Statistics for 2010...

INCOME.....Democrats......Republicans.....Liberals & Conservatives (non-inbreds, have IQ over 30)

200,000........36%.................62%......................2%

As one can see, the level of Liberal and Conservative support even added together is pretty constant at about 1 to 2% across all income levels of the USA.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Mississippi, West Virgina, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky --------The political ideology is across the spectrum

Those states are all conservative, and mostly republican.

And this folks is what is called parsing another persons words and then cherry picking quotes to make a point. He didn't even have the guts to keep the part of the code that shows where he got the quote form.

I explained that the above states, in which the data is derived from 2007 and is the lowest per capita states. I also made a note that looking at just raw income per capita doesn't take into account cost of living for the state or even counties within those states.

Nonetheless, you sir should at least own up your trickery in misquoting me to try and make your point.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well I hope you feel better now that you have become angry in your posting. That's another difference between the two groups.
I could use the fact that avoided my post completely as another difference between the two groups, but I like to think that there are some conservatives out there who actually intelligent.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Given the vast majority of Conservatives are bible bashers, the answer is self-evident.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How the hell can people who lack basic financial common sense, and think that we can just spend our way out of tough times be smarter then anyone?

Even squirrels which are basically a glorified rodent, have the common sense to squirrel away their earnings for later.

That is called a surplus. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul is never a good solution. Yet, the democrats and liberals seem to think this concept is perfectly normal and sustainable. I understand the bleeding heart liberals and admire their attempt to "help those in need." But this usually involves just throwing tax payers money at the problem, and hardly ever helps.

Dont get me wrong, I have some beliefs that would be deemed as very liberal indeed, but those involve concepts that dont involve money.

edit on 5-2-2012 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Originally posted by seabag

Given the vast majority of Conservatives are bible bashers, the answer is self-evident.

Glad to see you provide us with your vast critical thinking skills to come up with this gem. But please do tell; can you provide a definitive link between deeply religious and intelligence?

It was only a matter of time before the truly ignorant join this thread to offer their pearls of wisdom such as these....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join