It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel no match for Iran military might

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

www.globalfirepower.com...
edit on 5-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Germany's Merchant Marine Fleet looks really good!

Germany just had a rough century, lets leave them out of this.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Iraq: declared war on Israel in 1948, with some actions against Israel in 1948, 1967, and 1973.

I believe I asked for something, anything within the last 30 years, or more recent.....
please post something relevant to what I was asking.....

During Gulf War - I

Iraq fired numerous Scud Missiles into Israel [Which stayed out of the fight] trying to stir the pot and provoke Israel into retaliating in an attempt to break up the coalitions Arab allies.

Israel never did retaliate and showed great restraint.

Google it!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I dont see how my examples said that, Iran will fight back, where the others did not.

I am hoping the Iranian people rise up,against the Ayatollah . Now that's a fight I would love to see the Iranians win.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by superman2012
I believe I asked for something, anything within the last 30 years, or more recent, besides the PLO. It is admirable that you are fighting seabag's battles, but, please post something relevant to what I was asking.

During Gulf War-I 1991

Iraq fired Scud Missiles into Israel trying to stir the pot and provoke Israel into attacking them in an attempt to break up the coalitions Arab allies.

Israel never did retaliate and showed great r4estraint.

Google it!

No need to goggle , I remember
At the US request , they held back.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
When Israel won the the six day war in 1967, they won against four nations. How did this tiny nation win? God is on their side. To go against Israel is to go against God Himself.

Israel military outnumbered Hezbollah by at least a 6-to-1 ratio in the 2006 Lebanon War. And Israel performed poorly against Hezbollah. Currently Hezbollah has over 40,000 rockets pointed at Israel, 3 times the numbers they had in 2006.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I believe it was 2006, he sent a letter to Bush , seeking neutral ground.

But Bush was drunk with success , and didnt respond, so here we are

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I am hoping the Iranian people rise up,against the Ayatollah . Now that's a fight I would love to see the Iranians win.

I hope that happens…so US or Israel doesn’t have to do the dirty work. I think the Iranian stalling is actually a plus. The stalling will give time for the harder sanctions and further isolation to take hold and eat away the economy (and public sentiment for the regime).

If not….it won’t be long. Ahmadinejad can only act like Saddam for so long before he brings about the same demise.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
Israel military outnumbered Hezbollah by at least a 6-to-1 ratio in the 2006 Lebanon War. And Israel performed poorly against Hezbollah. Currently Hezbollah has over 40,000 rockets pointed at Israel, 3 times the numbers they had in 2006.

The entire world was pressuring Israel to show restraint…they were under the microscope.

Something tells me Israel will have a dozen silent cheerleaders and a few players joining the team against Iran.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Israel met all of its goals during the 2006 conflict, where as Hezbullah did not.

The Israel goal was to essentially occupy the land they did to create a buffer zone, placing those 40k rockets out of reach of Israeli cities and settlements. Hezbullah could have claimed a victory had they prevented Israel from advancing into southern Lebanon and occupying the territory Hezbullah was using to attack Israel.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I hope that happens…so US or Israel doesn’t have to do the dirty work. I think the Iranian stalling is actually a plus. The stalling will give time for the harder sanctions and further isolation to take hold and eat away the economy (and public sentiment for the regime).

If not….it won’t be long. Ahmadinejad can only act like Saddam for so long before he brings about the same demise.

Agree.

Scary to here this......anything to bring in the prophetic writings,he believes in.

“In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty God, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated,”

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Yep......... lots of Grandstanding........

More from the Iranian side than the West....

The view from the Gulf: America’s quiet go-between speaks

Oman's ruler, Sultan Qaboos bin Said, a longtime, discreet intermediary with Iran, says that Iran is seriously seeking a way out of American-led sanctions over its nuclear program and urges the United States to re-engage the regime on a variety of issues, not just its nuclear program.

“No one in the world can live on his own in today’s world,” the sultan said, referring to Iran.

“They don’t want to bring upon themselves more trouble. They know they are mistrusted and must convince the world of their peaceful intentions.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Yet Iran is to proud to dial it back down on their own...

Absolutely..

The Ayatollahs power is slipping.He knows the younger Generation is tired of the hardline mentality.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Supreme Ayatollah has also recently stated the stage is set to usher in the 12th mahdi. Iran is purposely going down this road to usher in their belief of the end times and Islamic superiority.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

The Supreme Ayatollah has also recently stated the stage is set to usher in the 12th mahdi. Iran is purposely going down this road to usher in their belief of the end times and Islamic superiority.

And you wonder WHY the world absolutely doesn't want this madman with a bomb.......

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Cmon, do you look under your bed for the bogeyman too.

Lets keep our feet on the ground, and leave fictional characters to fiction.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Taliban were in charge when it started
Taliban will be in charge again.

Dems da facts , jack

Face palm...

Simply because they're negotiating a cease fire does not mean they are going to be back in charge. They never were really in charge of the whole country in the first place

They were in a 10 year long civil war with the Afghan Northern Alliance at the time.

The same Northern Alliance that actually were the ones who kicked them to the street with support from US special forces.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

And you wonder WHY the world absolutely doesn't want this madman with a bomb.......

Israel is not the world.

As much as the chosen ones want you to believe that, its bunk.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Yeah, I think I read before Isreal has something like 300 nuclear weapons.

I am sure when the time comes they will NOT allow themselves to be wiped off the face of the earth by Iran.
It will probably start a whole chain reaction of bad things for the world once somebody releases the hounds.

I am sure as far as man power they couldn't repel an attack so they most likely would have to use the nuclear option to protect themselves. They won't need America's help if it goes that way.

I dunno ... it is a pretty damned bold move to use a nuclear weapon. With the exception of japan, 1945, it is literally unprecedented in the history of warfare. Israel would likely become a pariah state overnight.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

and surely a generation will not disappear before my return 70 yrs per generation 1948 2018. 2012-2018 seven years of wtf tribulation. hold onto your tinfoil hats folks

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Simply because they're negotiating a cease fire does not mean they are going to be back in charge. They never were really in charge of the whole country in the first place

They were in a 10 year long civil war with the Afghan Northern Alliance at the time.

The same Northern Alliance that actually were the ones who kicked them to the street with support from US special forces.

Im gonna use one of your phrases , cuz it applys here.

You can spin it anyway you want .

The Taliban will be back in charge, 10 years of war , deaths on both sides for what,, squa dooss

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Israel is not the world.

As much as the chosen ones want you to believe that, its bunk.

Nobody wants Iran to have nuclear weapons except communists around the world and liberals in America.

The communists like the pressure on the west and everyone else has enough sense to realize the danger!

edit on 5-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join