It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel no match for Iran military might

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The United States has one of the top 10 largest militaries at our doorstep - Russia.

Whats your point?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99
How come Vietnam is not on that list? 58,000 American servicemen were killed in the Vietnam War. And 550 U.S. airmen were held as prisoners-of-war.

I also noticed you left out 3.2 Million North Vietnamese who never made it back home.
Their motto

"Born in the North to Die in the South"

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The United States has one of the top 10 largest militaries at our doorstep - Russia.

Whats your point?

Really.
You think the Build Up of US warships is to let the Servicemen enjoy the Sea Air.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Really.
You think the Build Up of US warships is to let the Servicemen enjoy the Sea Air.

Well that and shore leave. Since the US 5th fleet is based out of Bahrain, and the 5th fleet covers the gulf and part of the med, and has at times had 2 aircraft carriers overlap their deployment in that area, your argument is invalid and ignored facts.

Using your mindset though why does Iran need its warships in the med and off the coast of Israel, while making port calls in Syria?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Really.

Well that and shore leave. Since the US 5th fleet is based out of Bahrain, and the 5th fleet covers the gulf and part of the med, and has at times had 2 aircraft carriers overlap their deployment in that area, your argument is invalid and ignored facts.

Using your mindset though why does Iran need its warships in the med and off the coast of Israel, while making port calls in Syria?

Im not going to pretend I know deployment positions of the US Navy.

But for you to deny a build up of Warships to intimidate Iran is not happening , would be a falsehood.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

and if it is..........then this is the question for you....

are you an i dialog..............or is it justified.........

Try not to let your convictions cloud your judgement.............thats an honest question
edit on 5-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If Iran gets attacked, they will cry to Russia and china, because they are the only ones who can save them! Ever hear the story never cry wolf Iran?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Everybody keep saying that.

I'm not advocating an attack on Iran but I seriously doubt China and Russia will come to their aid.
They both stood by when Libya went down. China still balks over South Korea and Taiwan etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by xuenchen

An Iranian making statements from Tehran Iran that Israel is no match for Iran sourced from Iranian PressTV

OK

Cool...

What would one expect him to say?

edit on 4-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yea, stupid Iranians and their stupid TV...

That being said, the professor's statement hold weight, Iran can defeat Israel strategically, Iran has staunch allies in Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, and Syria, all nations are close or bordering Israel and can launch direct attacks. US is practically broke with its allies, so if US sees a long term war looming they wouldn't dare join in, but they would exploit and make some quick cash by supplying arms most likely to both sides.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
israel will youse the palestines as human shield.....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Innocent men and women and children are killed everyday by the cowards who want Israel wiped off the map.

Innocent men and women and children are killed everyday by the cowards who want Palestine wiped off the map. This is the root cause of the problems between Iran and Israel.

That very same line has been used by Arab countries throughout the years, with the result being lost territory. Arabs seem to rewrite history when it doesn't favor them (Like how Arab countries weren't massing on Israels border prior to the 6 day war), and like to try and foresee the future while always ignoring history.

They are ignoring history like you are ignoring facts. Israel having nukes is the only way the stand a chance against Iran. Just look at the numbers.

As far as US draped coffins what does that have to do with Iran stating Israel would lose in a war between them?

If a war broke out between Israel and Iran America would get dragged into it by Israels constant begging.

I would rather die fighting against Iran and the evil they bring to the world, knowing I at least took a stand, rather than live a long life while cowering in the dark in hopes that evil doesn't find me simply because I have a differing opinion.

All the countries that have been attacked by Iran recently can sure testify to Iran's evil.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
As has previously been posted a direct comparison between Iran and Israel is irrelevant since they will never go toe to toe with each other alone.

Israel can't really do anything to prevent the Iranian weapons programme. They can harry and impede it (and they have) but they can't stop it.

A simple look at the map shows why.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I think the only thing Iran needs , are advanced SAMs.
Any attack will start with Cruise Missles, then the Air Force takes over.

i am willing to donate to their cause of wiping israel off the map
edit on 5-2-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yep, sounds more like a pissing match then a real "War Games" scenario played out.

When we go to war with Iran, I think Israel will be hit hard, but they have several aces up their sleeve, along with the US and other friendly nations.

Sorry, but Iran will not last very long.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

This is why I think their whole march to war is madness. The Iranians dont need a nuke to destroy Israel and both sides know this. They could blanket the country with nerve gas, or even scuds with conventional explosives and devastate the country (and I am sure Israel would totally nuke them in response), remember its a SMALL country. I think its a case of mutually assured destruction. The whole reason the US and Russia didnt go to war was that each side realized that initiating war would result in its own annihilation. Why the two sides in this case dont realize or seem to care that they will end up destroying each other, and likely taking most of the world with them, is mystifying.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Did you do anything more than quote sources that pleased you, did you do any research beyond knee-jerk journalism? I didn't think so. I'd suggest you look up Israels atomic might and state of the art weaponry, additionally our arsenals at their disposal. It is much more politically complex than you can even fathom, and your information woefully inadequate.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The Jews are racist and delusional

The Iranians are fundamentalists

The US are warmongers

The Chinese are irredentist

The Russians are still wistful about the good ol' days

What an intriguing powder keg.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

What a disgusting post. All Israelis are cowards? Way to go armchair general (and go ahead and say that to a member of Shayetet 13)

The article is a load of baloney. what would a Iranian news report say except for what would be beneficial to Iran.

Now does Israel's military have an edge over Iran - guess we might find out in the next few months.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I Kindly request to enter this thread and listen to the interview made (Video) about current issue!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You will find from many sources that Palestine was simply a group of transient nomads throughout history for the most part.
When Jews began to immigrate to Palestine in large numbers in 1882, fewer than 250,000 Arabs lived there, and the majority of them had arrived in recent decades. Palestine was never an exclusively Arab country, although Arabic gradually became the language of most the population after the Muslim invasions of the seventh century. No independent Arab or Palestinian state ever existed in Palestine. When the distinguished Arab-American historian, Princeton University Prof. Philip Hitti, testified against partition before the Anglo-American Committee in 1946, he said: "There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not." In fact, Palestine is never explicitly mentioned in the Koran, rather it is called "the holy land" (al-Arad al-Muqaddash).

Palestine is akin to the invasion of the United States by Illegal Alien Mexicans.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join