It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to those who are warning others and being ridiculed:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Just because the same kind of things were happening before the great depression doesn't mean we will have a world war to bring us out of this. That is true. Just because the United States did a lot of risky Economics doesn't mean our country is doomed, it just means we are going to have a tough time for many years till it recovers. There is no Santa Clause to bail us out. We are not talking about doom or destruction here, we are discussing hard times that can turn to Chaos because of declining morals and the inability of our citizens to pull together. These are facts that make it possible to steer you to cautiously watch the actions of the Society you live in. Fema isn't telling people to stock a little food and get bug out bags for nothing. I don't think you are listening to what the experts are saying. I listen to the big economists and I listen to the ones the government want us to hear also. I understand that this can also blow over if our people start to believe in this economy again. Lot's of people have lost faith in our governments ability to correct this and that can possibly create a situation that can be bad. Maybe you have the ability to filter out this information without blinking an eye or you could also be in a position that would alow you to gain financially by keeping it as it was. Most people would be better off if it returned to "business as usual" but that's not going to happen unless safeguards and policy changes are implimented. That takes years. Change is coming.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
lol...our chances went up for this scenario the past decade...zero chance? speculation??
what about the people in baghdad who were thinking the same thing?? LOL

don't be so sure of yourself. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER. you can't be dense enough to not get that.
this guy doesn't want it to happen, but all the pieces in the puzzle are starting to come together for America's bloody final end in the play.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PROT3CTOR
I began posting this as a reply and decided it was worthy of its own posting. I want to speak to those of us who have been prepping for the hard times to very SOON come. I have prepared to the best of my ability to survive the coming rioting and gang violence. It is this segment of the collapse that I believe will cost many lives unnecessarily, aside from needing water and food that is. I've warned family and friends the best I can, even to the point that they have isolated me and ignore talking to me, simply because they cant help but ask the latest news, knowing what I'll tell them...its' rather twisted really, and ive stopped talking on the subject with some.....I have emotionally dealt with what is coming, and will refuse help to ANYONE I have forewarned.....I will only help those who I have not warned....basically strangers. Doesnt make sense does it?? It makes perfect sense!! I am a man of sound body and of sound mind, if you wont at least honor me and investigate what I say is coming, you have spit in my face and dishonored me as an individual who is only concerned with helping to save lives......If I have forwarned you, I have nothing for you, you will learn your lesson the hardway and maybe next time youll listen to others when the come to you with something of note to look into. I dont know if anyone else feels this way?? I will not stick around, because I cannot....too many people will remember my warnings to prepare, and seek me out for help, so I cannot be found or else I would be undone. Many of us will have to learn to say "NO" to friends and loved ones, simply because we will not be able to save them all. I recently told a close relative who is prepping, this: The people we warn are grown ups, not children, and must be treated as grown ups for the choices they are making or not making. If you are a prepper, you should be able to keep yourself healthy and fit, so that you can help others AFTER the worst has passed. Personally, my prepping is for this purpose, to get me past the rough initial phase of transition.....after that, its the hunter/gatherer mode, accompanied by the warriors mindset for survival against violent men.

Thoughts??

Prot3ctor,

While I applaud your efforts in being prepared for a disaster of any kind, I can't say I agree with your assessment of the coming violence.
Firstly, as others have pointed out, you don't seem to have any convincing argument that supports your claim.

"This is but ONE of hundreds of scenarios....World economy is inevitably going to collapse, with that natural resources will skyrocket, resulting in civil unrest, following military involvement to keep order in towns and cities, then militias and gangs rebel, grocery stores are looted for food, water and hygiene products, power outages bring about dehydration and starvation as well as crimes of unforeseeable proportions......need I go on??"

Well yeah you do. When you just say the "world economy will collapse" and fail to give a logical argument backing up your "research"... I can understand why your family stopped talking to you. Additionally, everything in the rest of that statement has been and will continue to go on in various parts of the world.

But the real problem I have is your childish and petty attitude in regards toward helping your family/friends. Lets assume you're right and it all hits the fan. A family member/friend with children comes knocking at your door; are you really going to turn them away? Why? So you can rub it in their faces how right you were the whole time? That's very mature. For the people you cared SO much about, you gave them the boot awfully quick. Ultimately this all seems like fear mongering and a clear view of your character in times of need.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Omac9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, I think there is more than enough proof that if things in the U.S. (and the world) continue to stay on track and spiral downward that an 'apocolyptic' scenario is certainly not out of the question.

What is the current (U.S.) status: (IMO)

Patriot act
Growing surveillance state
Foreclosures
Permanent War economy
Large unemployment
Protests
Attempts at forced vaccinations
Atmospheric engineering
Attack on supplements
Attack on small farmers
Provoking Iran
False Flags
Economic warfare
Destroying the 'middles class'
Immigration
Covert (and overt) 'eugenics' programs
Government for sale
etc. etc.

I'm sure this list is far from complete. If these trends continue (and I'm not sure what is going to stop them) it doesn't take a rocket scientist to follow them to their likely conclusion. A big variable is that now technology exists to allow those who wish to control it all to actually make this earth a living hell for the other 99.99999%. I believe too another variable is that it has been decided that the earth's population is no longer going to expand but instead start contracting. What happens when a system that has been based on constant growth can no longer use the same formula to achieve massive profits. 'Cannibalistic implosion"?

At this stage I think it's quite likely.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If being prepared for the end is what floats your boat then more power to ya. Small groups of people have been sure the end was near and preparing for it pretty much through out human history. Maybe some day someone will be right but, you can not expect everyone to live a life of fear and preparing because to most people thats just not living.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Come on now, how can you prepare for the end of the world? I can't camp out on the moon. I prepare for minor disasters.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join