It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A message to those who are warning others and being ridiculed:

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I began posting this as a reply and decided it was worthy of its own posting. I want to speak to those of us who have been prepping for the hard times to very SOON come. I have prepared to the best of my ability to survive the coming rioting and gang violence. It is this segment of the collapse that I believe will cost many lives unnecessarily, aside from needing water and food that is. I've warned family and friends the best I can, even to the point that they have isolated me and ignore talking to me, simply because they cant help but ask the latest news, knowing what I'll tell them...its' rather twisted really, and ive stopped talking on the subject with some.....I have emotionally dealt with what is coming, and will refuse help to ANYONE I have forewarned.....I will only help those who I have not warned....basically strangers. Doesnt make sense does it?? It makes perfect sense!! I am a man of sound body and of sound mind, if you wont at least honor me and investigate what I say is coming, you have spit in my face and dishonored me as an individual who is only concerned with helping to save lives......If I have forwarned you, I have nothing for you, you will learn your lesson the hardway and maybe next time youll listen to others when the come to you with something of note to look into. I dont know if anyone else feels this way?? I will not stick around, because I cannot....too many people will remember my warnings to prepare, and seek me out for help, so I cannot be found or else I would be undone. Many of us will have to learn to say "NO" to friends and loved ones, simply because we will not be able to save them all. I recently told a close relative who is prepping, this: The people we warn are grown ups, not children, and must be treated as grown ups for the choices they are making or not making. If you are a prepper, you should be able to keep yourself healthy and fit, so that you can help others AFTER the worst has passed. Personally, my prepping is for this purpose, to get me past the rough initial phase of transition.....after that, its the hunter/gatherer mode, accompanied by the warriors mindset for survival against violent men.

Thoughts??




posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You automatically assume the end of the world, if it is in fact coming, will feature an apocalypse, and a post-apocalyptic hell-on-earth sort of setting? Every town becomes a battlefield, and every road an ambush, filled with savage gangs and nonstop miniature warfare between the clans that the survivors will form?

You have a very grim vision of the future, my friend.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wheres the DEFINITIVE PROOF of this being a 100% sure thing?

People have been hearing such doom-and-gloom predictions for MANY, MANY decades and have YET to see ANYTHING happen. All it has does so far throughout history is bring unnecessary worry and fear to folks.

Without DEFINITIVE PROOF, it is simply one's SPECULATION. Such SPECULATION naturally arises during crappy times in our history, but that doesnt provide DEFINITIVE PROOF that everything will go to hell at any moment.

ZERO proof, and 100% SPECULATION. Thats the problem. Crappy times come and go, and predictions always fail time and time again. What makes THIS TIME any different?

Thats the problem. NO proof whatsoever. Just speculation.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 


It is obvious from your reply that you have no idea what is coming. I DO NOT have a poor outlook for the future, I am a realist. I take what I see in plain daylight, and do my best to forcast for preparation, whether good or bad. I DO NOT believe this is the end of the world nor apocalyptic!! Many other nations have experienced what is forcasted to come, we are not the first. If you do not want to prepare for the worst, then thats your business "friend". Just be willing to accept your fate when it arrives. If you can do that then I have great respect for you.....but if you blame others for your unpreparedness, there will be no honor left for you to take hold of. If you cant look around the world and see the disasters taking place, then you are blind. Preparing for disaster is wise, they are bound to come, and you never know when your day of reckoning will arrive. "Chance favors the prepared mind."



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I agree in being prepared. But, while it is very plausible and even probable, this scenario is certainly not definite.
People have always been and always will be opposed to ideas that make them uncomfortable.
Don't bother.
When people ask why I stock up on things, I just say it's for the next hurricane (I live in a Gulf state). And this is actually true. But it's there just in case of your collapse scenario as well.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Wheres the DEFINITIVE PROOF of this being a 100% sure thing?

People have been hearing such doom-and-gloom predictions for MANY, MANY decades and have YET to see ANYTHING happen. All it has does so far throughout history is bring unnecessary worry and fear to folks.

Without DEFINITIVE PROOF, it is simply one's SPECULATION. Such SPECULATION naturally arises during crappy times in our history, but that doesnt provide DEFINITIVE PROOF that everything will go to hell at any moment.

ZERO proof, and 100% SPECULATION. Thats the problem. Crappy times come and go, and predictions always fail time and time again. What makes THIS TIME any different?

Thats the problem. NO proof whatsoever. Just speculation.






Definative proof?? Are you kidding me!! Watch the independent news sources and get off the mainstream!! Iran is threatening us on OUR OWN SOIL!! and thats but ONE scenario out of hundreds that are viable! I'm not going to please you with proof, you want proof.....do your own research! Some people want others to find their sunken treasure so they can become rich for free....while others do the treasure hunting and become rich for their hard work and efforts. The proof is out there, if you want to see it. So many people are not prepared for ANY type of disaster......WHY NOT???!!! They strike every day all over the world! Well, hey, thats fine, you can be the one who says, "i didnt prepare because I didnt have sufficient proof to do so"......

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR SELF-INFLICTED PAIN!!



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
I agree in being prepared. But, while it is very plausible and even probable, this scenario is certainly not definite.
People have always been and always will be opposed to ideas that make them uncomfortable.
Don't bother.
When people ask why I stock up on things, I just say it's for the next hurricane (I live in a Gulf state). And this is actually true. But it's there just in case of your collapse scenario as well.


And you are wise brother, regardless of your reason.....you will be ready!



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I S&F your post because I understand what its like trying to tell people what is happening. However, that is the very reason I dont think its all going to collapse around us. They are just too brainwashed, they'll just go along with whatever they are told.

An experiment that I urge everyone to try, even if you dont believe please still just try it.
Pick 5 people you know, tell them that nearly every country in the world pays BILLIONS every year towards a national debt, then ask them who they think is receiving all those billions from so many country's, also point out that its been happening for decades.
Push them on it, demand an answer. It's a perfectly valid question.

After you've asked the question come back here and post the responses you received. It'll be anger towards YOU!! or a blank stare for the duration of your question followed by "...celebrity wears pink nickers"



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The question to ask is: How do you know? You make it sound as if you have this great insight, this tremendous gift of foresight and wisdom that others do not have. What makes you so sure? Do you have any sort of track record of proven things you predicted in the past? Do you have some sort of education that just happens to be right on track for your predictions? It's the same kind of question I would ask a person who believes Jesus is the only way to heaven. How do you know? Did your Mommy tell you?

You see the problem here? You are attempting to take the high road, a superior position with regards to your fellow citizens. I question people doing that. (You certainly are not the only one.) I question your qualifications to make any predictions at all. You have not proven to me that you have the "bona fides" to know anything, really, and certainly not more than anyone else. And to top it all off you have this haughty attitude about you, sneering at other people at every opportunity. You're not making a very good case and your purpose for posting this thread feels more like the opportunity to brag on yourself than anything else.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it turns out you are the one who needs the help.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I S&F your post because I understand what its like trying to tell people what is happening. However, that is the very reason I dont think its all going to collapse around us. They are just too brainwashed, they'll just go along with whatever they are told.

An experiment that I urge everyone to try, even if you dont believe please still just try it.
Pick 5 people you know, tell them that nearly every country in the world pays BILLIONS every year towards a national debt, then ask them who they think is receiving all those billions from so many country's, also point out that its been happening for decades.
Push them on it, demand an answer. It's a perfectly valid question.

After you've asked the question come back here and post the responses you received. It'll be anger towards YOU!! or a blank stare for the duration of your question followed by "...celebrity wears pink nickers"


I do not doubt you!



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
The question to ask is: How do you know? You make it sound as if you have this great insight, this tremendous gift of foresight and wisdom that others do not have. What makes you so sure? Do you have any sort of track record of proven things you predicted in the past? Do you have some sort of education that just happens to be right on track for your predictions? It's the same kind of question I would ask a person who believes Jesus is the only way to heaven. How do you know? Did your Mommy tell you?

You see the problem here? You are attempting to take the high road, a superior position with regards to your fellow citizens. I question people doing that. (You certainly are not the only one.) I question your qualifications to make any predictions at all. You have not proven to me that you have the "bona fides" to know anything, really, and certainly not more than anyone else. And to top it all off you have this haughty attitude about you, sneering at other people at every opportunity. You're not making a very good case and your purpose for posting this thread feels more like the opportunity to brag on yourself than anything else.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it turns out you are the one who needs the help.


Indeed, your point is well taken and heard. I do have a track record.....for research, but not on this website. I have been following this progression of the collaspe of the world economy and global seize of power for 5 years now.....Thats 5 YEARS of personal research, all couped up in my brain! How can I share that?? How can I source that?? It is impossible, the idea is to take news and media sources of all types, sift out the garbage and sieze the facts. Then put them all together as puzzle pieces. And no, I do not think of myself to be elevated above others in knowledge they they themselves cannot gain from doing their own investigations. You cannot see what you do not want to see......most people fall into the "normalcy bias"....actually we ALL DO! but one must counter it once aware of its presence in your reasoning. I am NOT a doomsdayer.....but i do believe in what is slapping me in my face. I do claim to be very wise in social responses to disasters.......due to my schooling and work experience with the psychology of societies and idividuals. I'll break it down quickly. This is but ONE of hundreds of scenarios....World economy is inevitably going to collapse, with that natural resources will skyrocket, resulting in civil unrest, following military involvement to keep order in towns and cities, then militias and gangs rebel, grocery stores are looted for food, water and hygiene products, power outages bring about dehydration and starvation as well as crimes of unforeseeable proportions......need I go on?? If one cannot fathom this coming.....then one will not be prepared for it......What will ignite it all?? Collaspe of the world economy, FalseFlag attacks, REAL attacks?? Who knows and who cares!! Does it matter?? Its not the end of the world......its a transitioning of society as we know it......



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PROT3CTOR
 
I have prepared for a short term broad form array of disasters. I took the most likely things to happen in the next three years and tried to get prepared for them. I only stock a months worth of provisions because I think that sporatic small things may occur resulting in civil unrest. This includes the Economies of the world going further into depression. Stocking food is not crazy unless it's obsessive and results in eventual waste. Everyone should do that to deal with power outages and bad weather. Last I checked the price of all food is still increasing. Buy an extra can of coffee when it goes on sale. My wife and I think of it as an adventure. Beats going on a cruise. Although I wouldn't have minded being on that cruiseship that sank a little while ago by Italy. That would have been exiting and full of stories to tell others about for years. There is some good that comes out of all bad and there is some bad that comes from all good. It all depends on you're perception and weather it is in you're favor. Don't let this adventure in life make you crazy, enjoy the time with you're family and still get prepared. If something happens you need to take care of you're family first.

There are a lot of people around here putting up supplies for a minor disaster, about half of us. It's not wise to run out of coffee and doughnuts, that alone will get you police protection.
edit on 4-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse
 


Ha!! I love it! Good for you......you seem to be well balanced!! Continue on and I wish you the best
It is wise to find a balance in preparations.....obsessiveness can eat you alive with this subject, which is why i tell people to use a checklist for necessities.

Good for you!



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PROT3CTOR
 


PROT3CTOR, I completely understand your frustration with trying to help others and feeling attacked for your efforts, it can be disheartening, like warning a son or daughter not to speed or drive drunk becuase you *know* what will happen, and they laugh at you as they go out and continue and roll their car. When my own was warned and went out and did exactly that did I shut them out and close the door? No.

But those situations make us feel like it,no doubt, and to each their own, but IF this cycle humanity is experiening does continue in a downward spiral (and yes many see the writing on the wall), I hope I'm strong enough to forgive and help (as I am able) those who just weren't ABLE to see it coming. Count yourself fortunate that perhaps you have been given wisdom in some *areas* that others on this plane still have yet to attain.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PROT3CTOR
 


Wow! Five whole years, huh? Look, I don't want to belittle your study. It is what it is and you don't owe me an explanation. I've been here on ATS for five years myself, and your thread is pretty typical. five years ago we were told we'd all be toast because of Global Warming. Hysterical Al Gore, with no training in the issue at all, "proved" it with his graphs and charts. It turns out there hasn't been any warming for 15 years and his biggest chart was backwards. The computer models are wrong. Yet here we were about to slap ridiculous economy crushing cap & trade legislation on to "save" the world that did not need saving. It's a very good thing to look at Doom & Gloom claims very carefully.

I'm still not convinced you have any better handle on what is going to happen than anyone else. I only mention this because you appear to be bemoaning the fact that many people are not paying attention to you. I think that may be because you are not making a very good case. So far, in this thread, at least, you're basically doing a "Chicken Little" saying the sky is falling. You may very well be right, but you haven't expressed it in a way that makes your case very compelling.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PROT3CTOR

Definative proof?? Are you kidding me!! Watch the independent news sources and get off the mainstream!! Iran is threatening us on OUR OWN SOIL!! and thats but ONE scenario out of hundreds that are viable! I'm not going to please you with proof, you want proof.....do your own research! Some people want others to find their sunken treasure so they can become rich for free....while others do the treasure hunting and become rich for their hard work and efforts. The proof is out there, if you want to see it. So many people are not prepared for ANY type of disaster......WHY NOT???!!! They strike every day all over the world! Well, hey, thats fine, you can be the one who says, "i didnt prepare because I didnt have sufficient proof to do so"......

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR SELF-INFLICTED PAIN!!


SO, basically you are admitting that you have ZERO proof. That was easy.
.

Same ol doom-and-gloom nonsense assumptions that will just cause unnecessary worry, fear, and panic.

NO REAL ACTUAL PROOF other than 100% SPECULATION.


We have been in WORST situations before, MUCH WORST. You would have been SCREAMING this SAME NONSENSE in those times of past saying the "proof is everywhere", the END is coming, everyone stop living, stop working, hide in a cave, blah, blah, balh. And after all that, you would have in FACT been 100% incorrect..

ZERO PROOF, 100% SPECULATION.

And besides, most folks would rather be dead anyways than live like a paranoid pack-rat, storing everything for some Armageddon scenario and living in constant fear every second of their lives.

Its IS wise to be prepared and ready for any possibilities in life, but its not gonna get any fans if you do so in an extremist type of way. Not saying that nothing will ever happen, but again, you are going by PURE SPECULATION which has been WRONG MILLIONS OF TIMES IN THE PAST.
edit on 4-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If we are careful to observe current trends and can see which ones seem to be escalating and which ones seem to be declining, and at what pace, it does provide a good view as to what to expect in the future.

I believe we have plenty of proof of where we are at currently, and it seems appropriate to me, to consider this 'obeject in motion' will continue on it's path unless acted on.

And I see little at this point that is significant enough to derail the object in motion. Obviously this COULD potentially change, perhaps a Paul/Ventura government might be able to knock it off course a bit (if only for a while) or the people could finally unite to throw it off, but that seems to me at this point a long shot.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Wheres the DEFINITIVE PROOF of this being a 100% sure thing?

People have been hearing such doom-and-gloom predictions for MANY, MANY decades and have YET to see ANYTHING happen. All it has does so far throughout history is bring unnecessary worry and fear to folks.


Decades?

No
Eons actually. The one constant in recorded history is every single generation is assuming some apocalyptic ending is at hand.
What this is, is simply projection.
Yes, the end is coming for everyone...everyone will die. its the circle of life and death
The second a person truely dwells on this, they realize their future will end up in death, but since they cannot cope with it, they sort of assume when they die, everyone dies...and start taping together any crazy speculation and theory to justify their mindset.

Doomsday cults is the oldest constant religion on earth..changing with each new find, but always the end is nigh mindset.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The most likely scenario, as I see it, is more of what's already been happenning. The economy will continue to be weak. More people will lose health insurance. The food supply will become increasingly contaminated with additives, chemicals and GMO's. The u.s. dollar will become gradually weaker and weaker compared to fixed assets. Taxes will increase. The education system will become increasingly privatized. Welfare programs will continue but benefits will gradually reduce each year on an inflation-adjusted basis. Some people that fall through the cracks in the welfare systems and health care systems will, of course, die. Foreigners will use the weakness of the dollar and u.s. economy to buy up u.s. assets very cheaply. I understand people on this site are preparing for an apocalypse but I see the most likely scenario as a gradual slide for the next 20 years as we transition into an agricultural economy and semi-post-industrial society.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PROT3CTOR
 


we can feel it is likely but not imminent that some kind of situation will happen that only preppars will be ready for, you can share your opinion but like myself no one listens to me either and most try to avoid talking about current events because they know where I will go with this topic,I don't know, being mad isn't a good thing.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join