It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon in the Afternoon 2012-02-04.

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Moon in the Afternoon 2012-02-04. Equipment Telescope MTO11CA ( Russenton ) Sony WX-10 32mm & 17mm Eyepieces.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Bosb33r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

I just love your moon vids!

I would love a set up like yours someday

Beautiful video and I aways like the music you choose too.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Beautiful!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Very nice moon photos, but If the moon is visible in the afternoon as I have also been witnessing here in Arizona then why are we also seeing the moon at night on the same day ? shouldn't the other side of the world be facing by then ? can anyone answer this for me.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockman
Very nice moon photos, but If the moon is visible in the afternoon as I have also been witnessing here in Arizona then why are we also seeing the moon at night on the same day ? shouldn't the other side of the world be facing by then ? can anyone answer this for me.

I would love to know this also - I am in the UK and have been seeing the moon in the afternoons for a fair while also?!
I thought it was only meant to be visible at night, or at the earliest early evening, not 14:00
Looking forward to someone who knows giving an answer

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Beautifull video! awesome quality! someday in the Future I hope to buy a telescope when I have the money.

Thanks for sharing!
edit on 4-2-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino

Originally posted by lockman

I would love to know this also - I am in the UK and have been seeing the moon in the afternoons for a fair while also?!
I thought it was only meant to be visible at night, or at the earliest early evening, not 14:00
Looking forward to someone who knows giving an answer

I realise it's winter here so not much direct Sun, and I know the Sun is very active just now, but the Moon seems super bright. Also an odd colour some times of the day.

Where I live, there's a lot of planes going over some days. Might see 100 or more in one day.
Didn't used to be worried about chemtrails or contrails but I certainly am now.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Firstly, beautiful video! The moon, such an object of myth, beauty and of course, science!

Which brings me to this. Our moon and sun do not work like Minecraft! It is hard to visualize, but the moon is locked into earths orbit, so its position and time and duration in the sky is always on the change. You can look up the "moon rise" and moon set, and science lets us know when it is just like your second hand on the watch knows when to tick, its very predictable. for instance here in Melbourne (Au) the moon rise is:
6.30am and sets at 8.30pm for 5th feb 2012.

Moon Rise Set Times

here's some more info.

Because the Moon revolves around the Earth, its position in the sky relative to the Sun changes rapidly. Within a 24-hour period, its horizontal position, relative to the Sun, changes by about 12 degrees in a counterclockwise direction. In most cases, this causes the moonrise and moonset to occur later than the day before. As the time between moonrise occurrences is more than 24 hours, there are days when the Moon will not rise so the event will not occur until the day after. When this happens, a minus sign (-) is shown. On a day when the moonset occurs before the moonrise, additional minus signs are added and the moonrise is shown on a separate line below the moonset. For regions near the North or South Pole, the Moon might be up all day or down all day. If this is the case, the Moon Calculator will show "Up all day" or "Down all day."

Source
edit on 4-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I came here fully expecting to find someone screaming:

"ZOMG I SAW THE MOON DURING THE DAY IT'S IMPOSSIBLE HOW CAN THIS BE?!!?!"

...followed by someone else saying "it's in the wrong spot" and yet another saying "it's upside down". What a sad commentary on the current state of ATS. Cool video though—thanks for that!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thanks all for the great comments again
for the first time when i went to Florida i saw the Moon also different than in the Netherlands it was almost upside down

But anyway for Moon & Sun Rise you can also download stellarium awesome free program and when you see a bright star in the sky you know what it is
also you can see which sattelite is passing at that time and date when you are outside

edit on 5-2-2012 by Bosb33r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
S+F

Absolutely beautiful. To the naked eye the moon doesn't look very detailed at all (obviously), but when it's witnessed through a set up like yours it's hard to say it's not beautiful. Thanks for the video :3
edit on 5-2-2012 by Fopicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
You are welcome!! Fopicon

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

what is that at the 1 min mark is it
something on the lens ?
of a shodow on the moon?

by the way great pics of my moon

star + flag
edit on 5/2/2012 by maryhinge because: s+f

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Here in Melbourne the moons been intensely bright in the afternoons. It's had more clarity than what i've seen at night. Seeing this thread i had to post also as well been reading 1Q84 making the moon more hypnotic than ever before. so good

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Thanks, really great video, man, some sweet equipment and oh the possibilities. Waiting for more!
edit on 5-2-2012 by gigaherc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by midwest
I came here fully expecting to find someone screaming:

"ZOMG I SAW THE MOON DURING THE DAY IT'S IMPOSSIBLE HOW CAN THIS BE?!!?!"

...followed by someone else saying "it's in the wrong spot" and yet another saying "it's upside down". What a sad commentary on the current state of ATS. Cool video though—thanks for that!

When I saw the title, I was expecting the same thing. But then I saw the author was "Bosb33r" and I knew it would be a real astronomy post (i.e., the beautiful moon images we have come to expect from him, based on his past posts)

new topics

top topics

join