It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OCCUPY DC : Cops attack McPherson Park! Multiple Updates,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

OCCUPY DC : Cops attack McPherson Park! Multiple Updates,

www.opednews.com

with multiple updates, images and embedded video of live feed from Occupy DC livestream.
Ongoing updates by Rob Kall

update at 12:25 live feed reports police are unloading rubber bullet weapons. Reporting "what looks like a military humvee there."

Update at 12:04 EST. All tents have been removed from the southeast section of McPherson Park. Six arrests now. One man tazed for holding sticks, not threatening, not doing anything.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
after a court order that all evictions are to be seen by a court, the police are using the excluded, for public health concerns to remove all tents.
occupiers are piecefully non violently not risesting eviction,
this looks like the police are removing ALL tents and occupiers reguardless of weather they breach the long standing no sleeping rule.
there are live streams on the page and photos of the event,

have the police over stepped the court order? or is the excuse of a public health hazard enough to remove EVERY ONE?

www.opednews.com

Judge: Gov't must give Occupy DC eviction notice

CBS

AP) WASHINGTON - A federal judge said Tuesday that the U.S. government must notify one of the last major Occupy encampments if it intends to clear a downtown park of protesters.

The decision from U.S. District Judge James Boasberg means the protesters will have an opportunity to challenge their eviction beforehand.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-2-2012 by XPLodER because: spelling

edit on 4-2-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
second source
yahoo

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dozens of U.S. Park Police officers in riot gear and on horseback converged before dawn Saturday on one of the nation's last remaining Occupy sites, with police clearing away tents they said were banned under park rules.

That move left large swaths of open space and raised questions about exactly what would remain of the encampment.

wearing bio hazard suites for effect?
seems like the catch all health hazard is being used AGAIN

xploder

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The OWS movement is a coalition of unemployed losers with ambitions of establishing anarchy. If they spent half as much time looking for a job then they did moaning about not having one they would be at work and not parked on the sidewalk dropping hits of acid and banging on the bongos.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
The OWS movement is a coalition of unemployed losers with ambitions of establishing anarchy. If they spent half as much time looking for a job then they did moaning about not having one they would be at work and not parked on the sidewalk dropping hits of acid and banging on the bongos.

the MSM matrix has you well in its grasp i see,
the only narritive used to discredit the movement
take two blue pills and see me in the morning

or better yet LEARN the acual issiues,
not what MSM wants you to know

piece and light
xploder

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does this mean it's official: peaceful protest is now illegal in the US.?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
7500 viewers on live stream watching the park police remove occupiers from DC,
a court order was made asking polce to comply with the court order and for any evvctions to be heard by the court PRIOR to any evictions.
the exclusions include a public health and saftey exclusion if bio hazards are present,
it would seem that the police are using this exclusion to claim all people and property is a bio hazard

xploder

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Does this mean it's official: peaceful protest is now illegal in the US.?

aparently being human is now considered a bio harzard,
and sleeping in now a crime,
public non violent protest is still legal but to do so for any length of time would seem to be concidered a bio hazard.

it would look like the main stream media has spouted out about dirty conditions at the protest sights to "condition" public opinion so that the EXCUSE of public saftey can be used and MSM watchers will agree.

xploder

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by theBigToe

the MSM matrix has you well in its grasp i see,
the only narritive used to discredit the movement
take two blue pills and see me in the morning

not what MSM wants you to know

piece and light
xploder

Sorry.

I find it hard to stand behind protesters that break the law by breaking and entering private properties and illegally taking up residence in public areas.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I'll take that as a 'yes'.

So why do they allow the stooges in plain clothes to participate? Do they get removed from the scene too? (Or do they only stick around long enough to smash a few windows and/or attack their colleagues?)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

we are all free to our opinions not matter how misguided,
and you are free to yours,
but the simple fact is there are no jobs and you sound very disingenious with your line
"go get a job" dont your reaslise the economey is not very good for finding work.

this just shows your lack of understanding of the very real issues effecting the economy,
and how it is affecting real people.

grasp reality for a moment

xploder

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

we are all free to our opinions not matter how misguided,
and you are free to yours,
but the simple fact is there are no jobs and you sound very disingenious with your line
"go get a job" dont your reaslise the economey is not very good for finding work.

this just shows your lack of understanding of the very real issues effecting the economy,
and how it is affecting real people.

grasp reality for a moment

xploder

Well, only 8% of the country is unemployed. Its a lot, but I would hardly say that there are "no jobs".

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Are we getting troll posts here already? Does anyone remember what this peaceful movement has had to put up with? The only disorder worthy of removal has been on the part of the police.

/

And this is yet another sad day for 'The Land of the Free'.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Are we getting troll posts here already? Does anyone remember what this peaceful movement has had to put up with? The only disorder worthy of removal has been on the part of the police.

/

And this is yet another sad day for 'The Land of the Free'.

I have a bumper sticker. It says in big lettes, "Sh** happens".

You would be outrageous to assume it is the policy of any citys police department to kill protesters or unjustly arrest them. Does that mean there arent corrupt officers, or officers that in the heat of the moment do something they will regret, or get in an argument with a protester that thinks hes a lawyer and wants to argue with the officer about his rights? Of course not.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

you seem to think everything is "just fine" ??????

go to this sight and read about people who are suffereing then tell me again all is "just fine"
link to we are the 99%

read all 224 pages of people who think "things are not just fine"

and look at their faces and come back and tell me things "are just fine"

you are disengenious

xploder

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

you seem to think everything is "just fine" ??????

go to this sight and read about people who are suffereing then tell me again all is "just fine"
link to we are the 99%

read all 224 pages of people who think "things are not just fine"

and look at their faces and come back and tell me things "are just fine"

you are disengenious

xploder

I just said, "sh** happens"

There is no way to control every police officer. There are policies, there are consequences, everything is in place to try as best as possible to protect your rights against authorities. Sometimes things happen though. An investigation will take place and the officer, if responsible for breaking the law, will lose his shield and face time behind bars. What more do you want?

Those officers are there to protect you too. What if you lived next to the protests going on? You want no officers there policing the situation? Want one of those people to break into your house? Sit in your driveway? Step on all your flowers?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by XPLodER

I'll take that as a 'yes'.

So why do they allow the stooges in plain clothes to participate? Do they get removed from the scene too? (Or do they only stick around long enough to smash a few windows and/or attack their colleagues?)

IMHO
the right to protest is upheld in court by the judges ruling that any evictions MUST go through the court,
but the exclusion for public health and saftey,
is a policeing matter,

and for expendience the claim of public health concerns is an imediate non court matter,
hence the police intervention.

problem is if ANY person evicted can show THEY were no BIO HAZARD,
then a class action suit is possable.

because the parks admin has previously been working with Occupy on complience and was increasing the complience of the occupiers.

it is a case for the court that issued the non eviction order.

so the definition of bio hazard and public saftey hazard must be explored to see if it now covers ALL humans in a group.

you have the right to self assemble and protest but not when REAL public health is a factor.

i would say selective inforcement of local laws are being used to curb free assembly (occupation) and free speach, the visual occupation as a statement on the occupation of wall street for their crimes.

ultimitly it comes down to forceing the issue to be,
are protestors inherently a bio hazard?
or
is that an excuse to for eviction into the hands of the police and negating the power of the courts?

which process gets president?

i would have my money on the courts as the police have imediate jurisdiction, public health,
and the courts would hear the much brouder question of using bio hazard status as a means of curbing free assembly and free speach (physical ocupation)

the court ultimatly will decide even though eviction has allready taken place.

i trust the court process to defend civil liberties.

xploder

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I just said, "sh** happens"

There is no way to control every police officer. There are policies, there are consequences, everything is in place to try as best as possible to protect your rights against authorities. Sometimes things happen though. An investigation will take place and the officer, if responsible for breaking the law, will lose his shield and face time behind bars. What more do you want?

in my country police are trained to be "part" of the comunity, they are trained to take into accout "what is in the public interest" and how does the comunity react to the police and their trust help the people and the officers.
it is a unity of people and police that allows for true society to flourish.

i dont want to see officers arrested,
i want to see them trained with compassion for people, as they do in my country.
when the need requires they are firm and strong and when needed they are engauging.
we are humans biengs all of us,
dont forget the compassion for humanity that drove you to serve

Those officers are there to protect you too. What if you lived next to the protests going on? You want no officers there policing the situation? Want one of those people to break into your house? Sit in your driveway? Step on all your flowers?

i beleive their should be a "balence" of rights of different people,
i beleive that when the police engauge with the occupiers in a protective manner the occupiers will embrace the police and support them as a comunity, to police together.

i want officers that are trained to talk and be compassionate when required,
and be tough when required,
and trained well enough to know when it is aproprite.

the budgets for police has been cut pensions have been cut officers layed off,
in some way occupiers want to work WITH the police to help the comunities.

feeding the hungry,
giving comunity to the homeless,
helping adicts get attension and compasion in an inclusive comunity.

this is the truth of the matter,
the police are in the same position as everyone else,
prices contiune to rise while pay stays flat,
budget cuts are coming and more will no longer be able to afford to work.

this affects not just the police but the comunities that are POLICED
by those officers layed off.

the public and police work together,
we want police on the street, which means finding and prosicuting wall street.

piece and light

xploder

edit on 4-2-2012 by XPLodER because: fix quotes

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Fair enough... How did the siege and holding of Israeli consulate staff as hostages fit in with the "actual issues" of ows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join