It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast USA: Pay Attention, Cascadia May Be Ready to Rupture

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by twistedroots

Hey thanks for that great link.That's exactly the type of animation I was looking for.After looking at some of the models its clear that the island will take the brunt of the tsunami but water levels will increase quite a bit as the force of the wave wraps around it.Very cool graphics but scary at the same time.I just keep seeing the footage from Japan when the front of the tsunami reached over six miles inland or further and the leading edge of the wall caught so many people off guard, they believed that the wave could never reach that far inland.The whole world was shocked to find out that the exact opposite was happening.

One more question for anyone who knows,what are the percentages of a large event happening off the coast as opposed to a large event happening further inland? Which scenerio is more likely?Thanks.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Obelisk67 because: text

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for this post enjoyed it. Earth quakes are a scary thing I tell you makes you feel real small. In Canada, the coast of British Columbia is the region most at risk from a major earthquake. Other areas prone to earthquakes are the St. Lawrence and Ottawa River valleys, as well as parts of the three northern territories. There are allot of them but normally very small In the past 100 years, at least nine earthquakes in or near Canada have registered a magnitude greater than 7.
I am 38 years old and only felt 2 Earth quakes in my lifetime (2 in the past year). One was 5.5 and caused my entire building where I work to shake (scary as hell) and the other was a 4.1 and was only felt slightly. I live in the Ottawa River Valley.
The get to my point when reading your e-mail it makes me think of my Ant. Since she has been very young she could predict stuff. She predicted many family strategies over her 85 years. I remember when my mom got married to her second husband. When the wedding was done and my mom was in line getting congratulations she said the following:
“You are in for a wild ride, I see it now and have been for 2 weeks” is the only words she said. Thank you is all that my mom could say!!!! lol
Well she was right on her honeymoon he started acting weird and guess what…yep he was Manic Depressive and 2 years later…divorced after a very wild ride for the entire family. In fact the wild ride lasted for many years after she was divorced and he is still causing problems. She also predicted many heart attacks, cancers, DIVORCES, events in the family years in advance.
Well to get to my point and to reinforce yours…she has been calling our family friend “Nicole” out in Vancouver Island and anyone she knows out there to tell them to get out saying something horrible is coming soon and she should leave because she would lose her home and if she was still there her life cause she states and continue to this day every now and then that she dreams of horrible times ahead for the region.
I know it always freaked me out with her accurate predictions because they always come out completely out of nowhere and she is a 85 year old lady that does not use internet, TV, etc…a farmer’s wife. This always freaks me out. If she is right this time ten watch out..if not very soon, soon! Let’s hope she is losing her gift and all of this is false

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianBlueTrue
...she has been calling our family friend “Nicole” out in Vancouver Island and anyone she knows out there to tell them to get out saying something horrible is coming soon and she should leave because she would lose her home and if she was still there her life cause she states and continue to this day every now and then that she dreams of horrible times ahead for the region.

Well after what happened to me with "predicting" the big Japan quake, I am a bit more open to believing these kind of things. But does she say what she thinks is the cause for this?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Obelisk67

One more question for anyone who knows,what are the percentages of a large event happening off the coast as opposed to a large event happening further inland? Which scenerio is more likely?Thanks.

I have no idea and am greatly interested in a thoughtful answer, as well.

My own guesstimathunking would be that there are plenty of things that can happen in the sea which might kick up a big wall of water . . .

1. BIG quake.
2. Big meteor
3. BIG bomb
4. Big volcanic eruption/slide--though maybe not in the North Pacific--I don't know--the Aleutians?
5. Big spacecraft crash?

Similar things on land . . . would not likely have as far reaching effects over as large an area, imho.

Was in Spokane when it went dark from Mt St Helens so I know that can reach far--however it was not a circular effect that far--more of a RELATIVELY narrow path.

Great question.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianBlueTrue

FWIW,

I feel 'in my gut' that your 83 year old aunt's 'gift' is VERY MUCH NOT kaput.

And that the relative on Vancouver Island needs to heed her words ASAP.

My impression of your aunt is that she's one wise, wiry, fiesty . . . though muted fiesty? . . . lady with a persistent big heart. I wonder if that's true.

Please keep us posted.

You might also ask her some questions. My impression is that she doesn't shove insights on people very often.

You might ask her when WW3 will start?

And whether a big quake in LA will hit before a big one near Vancouver?

And where a big volcanic eruption will occur first in North America and before or after what other major event?

And when China will attack on the West Coast and when Russia will attack on the East coast?

edit on 6/2/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No, she always just states something bad and serious is on the way for the Vancouver area...........and to move OUT ASAP!!! On one hand makes me feel a little safer knowing that she wants her to move here in Ontario since I live here and 90% of the family lives here as well. This kind of means she is not seeing something bad to happen in Ontario On the other hand makes me nervous for all the people out there. Do I believe this......mmmmm don't know no one does really.

All I know is that I would not live there...thats for sure!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

ok, then how about giving her a call to find out? Ask her if she feels it is because of an earthquake, nuclear bomb, asteroid impact, or WHAT! Point is, to at least give us a clue. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

To Answer your question:

“My impression of your aunt is that she's one wise, wiry, fiesty . . . though muted fiesty? . . . lady with a persistent big heart. I wonder if that's true?”

True, True, True,...very quiet, hard working farm lady with so many stories about her predictions and life coming from my mom. She will go a long time without getting vision about family members and only gets vision about family and people that are close to her. She never came out and said this well happen more like she gets a sence of how people she loves will feel in the future…or a position they will be in …..weird! Just freaks me out these prediction cause we always brush them off until something happens and then we put 2 and 2 together. Freaky!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Am humbled by your kind reply. Glad my sense of her was true or mostly true.

Certainly things are likely to be clearer after the puzzle pieces are all on the table and in place. LOL.

To what doe she attribute her 'gifting?'

Sounds like those who receive her insights would do well to pay attention.

It's not often one runs into folks who are always correct about much of anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have enjoyed every post on this thread. Thanks for starting this TrueAmerican. I know that some tend to scoff and criticize when people give heads up or predictions but I for one enjoy them. Carry on, I will go back to quietly observing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ion channel is playing Dante's Peak right now. The movie is about a Unnamed volcano erupting in the state of Washington. Rainier looks like the next one to go per a Discovery magazine article a while back.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Obelisk67

You're welcome! I am also learning so much about all this! Always had an interest and i really listen to puterman and westcoast a lot! My interest is peaked about the lovely 85 year old lady mentioned in this thread...would much appreciate if you can find out more from her! I have moved back to vancouver from mexico two years ago and have decided to leave vancouver again for good. I am having the strongest premonitions ever about leaving the BC Coast. I have grown up here, yet travelled the world and have a beautiful life. However, the last 1.5 years here, something is telling me to leave. My mom is leaving as well, selling her home and going to live in the Adriatic. My daughter has 1 more year left of highschool, yet I have this sick feeling that we should leave well before that. This is getting stronger and stronger for me every single day. I don't know that i can wait till next year before we leave...i have a plan all laid out - but I really feel i should be putting the move into action much sooner than I planned on. Part of me feels terrible to take my daughter out of highschool here (I don't think she would argue it too much :lol
I feel the risk of ridicule - but my heart and premonition tells me I should pack up much sooner....what would you do? Trust your instinct or not?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A few more small quakes over the past 24 hours...don't let this thread die!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ah man like I said before I would not live there my Ant may feel the way she does but she could be wrong, could be something completely different. That said I heard that every 300 to 350 years that area is hit with a major quake, major!!!!!. Well it’s been 315 years I think since the last big one so that area is due. I remember reading that the locals that lived through the last major quake/Tsunami in the area placed stones along the shores to show up to what point the water travelled. The amazing thing is that most home and businesses are on the wrong side of does stones. Not sure if this is true.

If you combine the past and what my Ant is telling "Nicole" then I would leave but that easier said than done. Could you imagine you sell your home, move and nothing happens? That would really suck. : ) That said you could be one of these people that use to live there before the big one and due to listening to your gut saved your family. Hey no idea what I would do…Happy I live in Ontario. : )

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Just my flawed personal opinion and personal impressions . . . however, FWIW . . .

I STRONGLY AGREE--LEAVE ASAP.

The next 1-9 months plus are likely to be horrific . . . whether from quakes or WW3 . . . China invading the West Coast etc. etc. etc. as well as volcanoes.

I have a hard enough time taking care of myself.

Being responsible for a family in this era would fry my circuits.

May God be with you all.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well after what happened to me with "predicting" the big Japan quake, I am a bit more open to believing these kind of things.

TrueAmerican, when you received the info on the next big one, and got Japan, the date you received was the same as the date of posting. Did you think at that time that the EQ would be that day or a year later?

This is the stuff I love researching. There have been so many cases of this type of future predicting from ethereal sources that it needs deeper investigating. And only the Russians are currently doing it.

Interesting

ON EDIT: I shoudl add that I didnt buy into this stuff until my ex, a brilliant artist, one morning woke and said she had a dream that someone was waving six numbers in front of her face all night long. I said, "huh, maybe its the lottery numbers" jokingly and wrote down the numbers, but she could only remember 5 for sure. I left that piece of paper by the bed, (we didnt do lottery ast the time) and forgot about it till a couple of days later and shrugged my shoulders and looked up the winning numbers for the next lottery and all 5 numbers hit.

I begged her to do that again but she never could. Snooze ya lose.
edit on 7-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads-up TA. As always, I try to keep my eyes open for threads from you and Westcoast regarding quakes in the greater Pugetropolis area. I have mentioned in other threads from you two that I live in Bonney Lake, WA - quite literally on the foothills of Mount Rainier. Unfortunately I work in Seattle. I can look directly at the wall to my left and see the crack still there from the February 2001 quake, so these threads make me perk up a little. Hopefully I will be at home for the next decent sized quake.

I also am curious about the people who are commenting on the "visions" of pending destruction in the Vancouver Island area. I assume that this would affect Washington state to some degree. I was wondering if there was anything more specific than "get out of Vancouver"? While I certainly do not claim to have any type of ESP or other types of visions, I do still feel completely safe where I live. Not so much where I work, though. I am just somewhat curious as to anyone having feelings about the foothills areas in Washington as opposed to Seattle and other "sea level" areas.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that rumbling/shaking (without seismic activity being picked up) in Sooke a few weeks ago was ominous? Is there a legitimate explanation that people actually believe?

I went for a walk this morning and walked by one of the Tsunami Evacuation Route signs in my town. Awesome.

I think the worst thing about these major earthquakes is that there will be strong aftershocks for many months and possibly longer. It isn't just a few minutes of shaking. It will be a sad day when it happens because there is almost no preparation in BC. Old buildings like St. Paul's hospital are going to suffer a lot.

edit on 7-2-2012 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Are you publishing your findings (graphs, charts etc) on a website? Perhaps it might help to have extra set of eyes (definitely not mine as its not my profession or field of expertise). Basically it might keep you honest if you get sucked into it too deep and lose track of the analysis. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

WOW.

What a set of contingencies.

I was looking at the map and Tacoma area yesterday . . .

Given even a Japan sized Tsunami . . . no way Tacoma will survive. Throw in Mt Rainier and Lahars . . . or glacial melt . . . May God have mercy. I hope folks can run up hill fast . . . and the elderly etc. in wheel chairs.

Aaaargh. May God be close to them in their final moments. Sigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join