It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast USA: Pay Attention, Cascadia May Be Ready to Rupture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesop
I think you have a follower TrueAmerican, the bag is out of the cat!

Question, did the pattern look anything like this?

There are few places if any safe from natural disasters. Just always have an emergency plan and take it as it comes.

If you don’t mind me asking how rare is this inclusion of quakes for that sector?

Have there been past post large eruptions associated with the plot you linked in your post?

Aesop

edit on 5-2-2012 by Aesop because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2012 by Aesop because: correction

oh MY GOD!!! he said telephone poles will be knocked over..Is anybody listening to this guy? TELEPHONE POLES PEOPLE...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
oh man dude with micheal strahan teeth he needs to be hired at SNL could be a staple character for some time... wow

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by PuterMan

It was there long before you posted. You just didn't see it.

Either that or it took you 10 minutes to make your last post. WHATEVER!

Rofl, I really don't care either, you know me better than that.

One problem right away though is that I can't be everywhere at once. Not to this depth I can't. Been studying another area, when all of a sudden Cascadia decides to act up. So I am trying to jump in there, but I just don't have the in depth study I need there yet, to be able to differentiate between some things.

And honestly, no offense to anyone, but seeing as I am living a whole lot closer to the New Madrid, and that is more of our problem over here in the east- I may direct my efforts more towards there, or even Charleston, SC area.

And oh, as far as someone else not noticing yet, I'm sure glad they didn't stop when they were trying to invent the lightbulb, or increase the accuracy of weather forecasting, for example.

Point is, I am not going to say defeat before even trying. So how about encouraging instead of discouraging?

*perks up*
Charleston, SC??
Whats going on here ?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I do not mean to turn this thread in a new direction, however I live in Birch Bay Washington up near Vancouver, and I just heard a very strange high pitched, saw-like, sound go straight over my house. I thought someone was starting on some wood cutting until the sound got very intense and seemed to go over my house, lasted about thirty seconds. Anyone nearby hear anything similar?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
Oh god here goes TrueAmerican again.

Look we appreciate your insights, but stop crying wolf at the sight of every earthquake, you've done it so many times it hurts your credibility. it's not going to rupture, stop trying to scare people

What do you mean 'here goes TrueAmerican again'? If you bothered to watch the videos you would realise the enormity of the situation. Refusing to admit the possibility of something like this happening will not stop it one bit. I agree that we should not go to the other extreme and live in constant fear but surely it makes sense to find a middle way and at least be prepared.

The expression 'forewarned is to be forearmed' didn't develop for nothing!

(And lets be honest - arn't we partly on this site for a touch of the scare factor?).
edit on 5/2/2012 by Psychoparrot because: to add postsript

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here and I'm predicting California - northern region can expect anywhere from a 5.0 to 7.0+ between early to mid Feb.

I've also been watching that cascadia fault line for weeks now

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Perhaps and 'may' are used so often, they have lost their credibility in forecasting geological events.

"May" is most commonly used to express possibility. It can also be used to give or request permission, although this usage is becoming less common."

A curious thing how so many empaths visit ATS, and are gracious enough to impart their revelations or feelings. Your concerns are noted and....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesop

Clean up on isle 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9....lol

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by TrueAmerican

There are reasons why a big one may be due for Cascadia but a change in frequency is not being exhibited at present in fact more worryingly the frequency is decreasing.

This chart is Mag 4,5+ from 2002 to about 2 weeks ago. The area covered is:

West Of Vancouver Island
Queen Charlotte Islands Region
British Columbia. Canada
Alberta. Canada
Vancouver Island. Canada Region
Off Coast Of Washington
Near Coast Of Washington
Washington-Oregon Border Region
Washington
Off Coast Of Oregon
Near Coast Of Oregon
Oregon
Western Idaho
Off Coast Of Northern California
Near Coast Of Northern Calif.
Northern California

as defined by elements of FE regions 2 and 3

The Data is from ANSS.

EQ frequency? Science hasn't yet been written about it. Just when you are sure the full moon produces more, Wrong, then there is a cycle of new moon quakes. There have been increases on CME's and increases without CME's Runs on High Solar Wind & density and then they wait till the wind dies to like 1.6cm/3

with data all over the place you just cant say.

I will agree we dont want plates storing energy but, we don't get what we want because we don't write Mother Nature's Work Schedule

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm in Seattle, heart of thew beast of the Cascadia. We have been waiting for the big one to hit for a while now, we're way overdue..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted before but how would an earthquake in this area effect Mt. Rainer or even St. Helens? Do large quakes effects volcanos? They didn't seem to in Japan.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I was under the impression that a few mini quakes tend to relieve and stave off the "big one". The more troublesome signs is a quiet time (building up)

I could be dead wrong about this. Is there any past patterns that can be useful here to see if big ones follow a few small ones, or a quiet time?

Anyhow, ultimately if your in Cali, its good to always be expecting something giant at any given moment...Californians need to constantly be aware of their surroundings so when things start shaking badly, they know where to dive safely.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Sound advice is not debatable. Always as another poster said know where your gas shut off valve is. The farther you can shut it off from your house the better. Of course there are limits to that. But just that one piece of knowledge could save your whole neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I am in school right now for Emergency Managment in Oregon, the cascadia subduction zone earthquake is something we often talk about. The last one was estimated to have happened around 1700. It coincides with a Native American story of " The thunderbird and the whale". The USGS has found supporting data for a large 1700 quake. They occur in 300 year intervals + or- 50, we are at 300 years + 12. It is not a matter of when but how bad. The data from USGS is suggesting the the quake itself will last between 4 and 6 min. and range between 7-9 in magnitude. The subduction zone runs from Vancouver, BC to Northern Cali. A huge number of people will be effected, not many buildings will stand up to the duration or magnitude. Portland can say good bye to its bridges and downtown area. Seattle will probably flood due to tsunami and downtown will be reduced to a shell of it's former self. San Fan will fair a little better because of mitigation efforts and building codes, even with these efforts they still will feel the same chaos. Just my thoughts on it....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What's more, the north west coast will get 30 minutes from the quake before a tsunami hits. It will take about 20 hours to get to the other side of the ocean and still do lots of damage but at least people will get a chance to get to higher ground - according to the videos on you tube.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TolanIsMaximus

Those Tsunami Area warning signs make me laugh.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by enginiraq2002

Good field, the wife among other things is a first responder here in emergency situations, goes to briefings/training and hears all of this stuff. I get to buy the brackets and secure the bookcases.

Late last year the big discussion was the whole "FEMA Camp" thing that wasn't exactly responded to in any official capacity, but things to the effect of national emergency and housing a large number of displaced citizens. Regardless of the doom theories of round ups and gas chambers, the "FEMA Camps" will be a godsend in the event that this kicks off at some point in the near future or NM decides to wake up. The usual discussion is why wasnt this utilized during/after Katrina which some of the theories are distasteful, but it would be a financially devastating event for the nation ( New Madrid, the discussion in this thread, natural or man-made disaster) in certain areas ( Washington State) due to the population centers and the exit routes that though marked, really arent any help as there is no such thing as Earthquake prediction or a heads up in time to evacuate. A lot of the financial devastation can be mitigated with some pre-planning. In my field Ive seen the truth of financial implications being much more of a priority with the government than virtually anything else. Trust me, the scary TPTB know a hell of a lot more of whats going on than we do concerning earth change and disaster potentials. There is no question as to why the locations of existing camps were chosen over other locations. Meaning, I havent seen any in San Fransisco or St Louis city.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's been building for a long time, but its also been venting for a long time. Were would things be if things were not so in between of whatever balance they are in, its maxim is not yet its axiom. Yet we can all assume and speculate non the less.

But I think things do have a habit of going boom once in a while when least expected, and sometimes even when expected. But I don't know, what do people consider a rupture? Is that like the rapture, the gospels of the earth, its groans and pains, the silent ones, and the not so silent ones. As you know we only have time to notice and believe in the not so silent ones.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
Oh god here goes TrueAmerican again.

Look we appreciate your insights, but stop crying wolf at the sight of every earthquake, you've done it so many times it hurts your credibility. it's not going to rupture, stop trying to scare people

TA is not trying to scare people...don't you see? Read the thread more please. The Cascadian subduction zone topic needs to come up every once and a while, because it is an imminent thing. Now more than ever research has shown that, new reports come up, there's many updates to be had. Not everyone is aware, including new members, of this data. Be aware and not in the dark.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Could have been an Ultralight or Paraglider type plane. They tend to use snowmobile style aircooled engines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join