It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast USA: Pay Attention, Cascadia May Be Ready to Rupture

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Didn't feel it myself but Ive relocated in Trinidad for awhile. It was real close to the MTJ. Im still waiting for the first one to occur 100 to 150 miles directly west out to sea from that spot. Soon I think.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Right on the junction eh???

Hope all is well, good post.....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Hmm, well if there's one thing I don't like to see, especially after all the recent activity, is a quake right on the triple juncture.

neic.usgs.gov...

But the depth is typical for the location. Could just be normal. It's been a few days now until this one. I was about to claim false alarm for this thread. Now not so sure. That's in the p path AND on the juncture. Monitoring opened up again...here we go again....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Ok, when I say monitoring reopened, I mean just simple monitoring. I am not talking about the complicated setup to go into deep monitoring looking for my supposed precursors. I just know, NONE of you would like me to do that, right? Seeing as quakes can't be predicted?

Great then. I didn't want to either.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Did any of you see the censorship of the earthquakes? what do you think?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just checking back in with this thread as I always try to keep up to date with what not only TA has to say but others as well. Cascadia just appears to be gearing up imo and I am no expert. My conclusions are based on "feelings".
This is why I come on here to find "data" that may support my silly ole feelings.

It seems as there is a lot of activity this past week and even today that deserves some attention. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by kosmicjack

No truth in it. It was either a mine blast or collapse - first registered as a mag 3.4. Unfortunately Dutchnosinse is completely incapable of interpreting a helicorder correctly and does not understand that a node cam be affected by transmission problems. I did actually think at one point that he was learning and was improving. Silly me!

ETA: Explosions, mine blasts etc are not promulgated (as earthquakes) but it is possible to look them up in some instances using ANSS. This is no different to any other agency. BGS get explosions off the UK coast. As soon as they are identified as such they are removed. They are not earthquakes after all!!

edit on 24/2/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Just checking back in with this thread as I always try to keep up to date with what not only TA has to say but others as well. Cascadia just appears to be gearing up imo and I am no expert. My conclusions are based on "feelings".
This is why I come on here to find "data" that may support my silly ole feelings.

It seems as there is a lot of activity this past week and even today that deserves some attention. Just my opinion of course.

MamaJ, at the end of the day I think that may be the only real early warning system we have, our feelings. That's why I like visualizations so much. If you study them long enough, in a strange way, you can feel them, and understand them.

I too go by silly old feelings, more than anything else. I learn as much data as I can, but data can only take the mind so far. At some point we have to let go of the data, go by feeling, then when we come back to data it makes more sense.

I kinda thinka thats true for everything. We've forgotten how to feel life. If we learned to hear and feel what all of life is saying, we would instinctively know ahead of time when a bad storm, or big earthquake, or volcanic eruption were to occur. The problem is, with the state of life as it is, if we tuned in now we would hear the planet and it's inhabitants screaming for help in a deafening roar I fear.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It looks like the PNSN mapping doesnt go down that far. I think the cutoff is just above the Petrolia EQs, right at the MTJ.

And that makes me wonder about tremor activity south of the mapping they do on the slow slip page. Does anyone do what PNSN does but for the rest of N CA, tremors only. Im especially interested in activity in the slabgap, since this doesnt really have any plates at all.

I also notice that PNSN moved the little quake near Redding to out to sea. Thats a pretty big jump isnt it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nice catch z on the movement of that small quake!

You guys have no idea how happy I am to start at the top of this page in the thread and see stars, stars, stars, stars....and then... no stars. Hmm. Now why might that be? It shows the education and astuteness of our readers. I am proud of that. Good on you! Not only are the videos completely off topic, and trying to seek attention from those in the know, the poster has a lot of nerve to post a video from that total moron in my thread!

Needless to say, I am in total agreement with PuterMan on the assessment of the moron video. And that's MORON, not moran. Not because PuterMan says so, but because I went and watched the moron video myself and came to the same conclusion. PLEASE people, do yourselves a favor and cancel subscriptions to that idiot. He gets about 70% of everything wrong. :shk:

Anyways, now that THAT's off my chest... Back to biz. Oli, I got your u2u, and I hear you, but that is an intensive process requiring full attention and constant watch. I am really not up for it hun, so please forgive.

edit on Sat Feb 25th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Nice catch z on the movement of that small quake

TA, Ive only spent a small amount of time studying EQ maps, but it is disconcerting to see a moderate EQ moved over 200 miles from land out to sea. I can understand where it would be hard in areas out in the ocean with no seismometers. But this area was not only originally on land but in an area riddled with monitoring devices of every kind imaginable.

Im beginning to think that even the final mappings are hit and miss with miles of play. And thats hard to understand. Any thoughts.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Well now you know why there is such considerable interest in OBS data in the scientific community. There is no question that they will be able to constrain the events much better with that data. To what extent that data will affect already listed events though remains to be seen.

As it stands though, it looks like we are going to have to back off in interpretation and speculation of newly listed events in cascadia, especially when they are near to shore and small. The uncertainty of their location and depth is clearly showing to those of us following this.

And to any wondering why more events are not being listed in the INCOMING! thread, it's because I am not sweating the small stuff much these days. That thread is really for the bigger events 6.5+, or for events of interest in particular spots like Yellowstone. I see all kinds of stuff happening, as I am constantly monitoring the entire ring of fire. Vanuato is very active, but small, same for Kermadec, and Japan is now on an increase in seismicity. Guam has showed some activity, and of course there is Hawaii.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

MamaJ, at the end of the day I think that may be the only real early warning system we have, our feelings. That's why I like visualizations so much. If you study them long enough, in a strange way, you can feel them, and understand them.

I too go by silly old feelings, more than anything else. I learn as much data as I can, but data can only take the mind so far. At some point we have to let go of the data, go by feeling, then when we come back to data it makes more sense.

I kinda thinka thats true for everything. We've forgotten how to feel life. If we learned to hear and feel what all of life is saying, we would instinctively know ahead of time when a bad storm, or big earthquake, or volcanic eruption were to occur. The problem is, with the state of life as it is, if we tuned in now we would hear the planet and it's inhabitants screaming for help in a deafening roar I fear.

That is exactly how I feel but the scientist in my mystic mind also wants data and research to corroborate with as conflicting as that may sound.

I can relate with the feeling of hearing the ones before us yelling. I am aware and have been researching for some time what is transpiring with our Planet and Solar System. I have reached some conclusions, researched ATS with said conclusion lurking in my mind and its like its everywhere but not one specific place except for one thread. It's old too. Goes back to 2005 I believe. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Conclusion: We are living in a time of a rare Cycle Period/Global Climatic Shift. It happens, has happened, and will happen again. What will happen is anyone's guess, although I feel we will know when we experience geological changes. Our core is active, space is active, fireballs dropping out of the sky, noises being heard around the world, sound thats described as a BOOM, long lasting hum sounds sometimes with flashes of light in the sky, magma is on the move, super volcano inflating at a rapid rate in Bolivia, magnetosphere weakening, Heliosphere shrinking, cosmic dust and rays are beating down on us coming from the galactic center, planets warming and sooo much more. And...where are we at in Space?? We are in a very busy and energetic part of space.
Are we protected? Is our Solar System and everything in it protected?

Our protection is weakening in all respects but the Earth does indeed know what shes doing...she has been here before.

www.youtube.com...
www.nytimes.com...
www.etheric.com...
www.kipnews.org...
www.bigislandvideonews.com...
ask.abovetopsecret.com...
science.nasa.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...
science.nasa.gov...
news.nationalgeographic.com... (even though this is last does not mean least important)

The thing is ...I could go on and on with links because I read and research with my free time. At least a few hours a day. Why? Because I have this nagging "feeling" to do so.

I had to get all of this off my chest.
Thanks for listening/reading, its appreciated and would be even more appreciative if someone would look at everything I have laid out and talk to me about their thoughts and or conclusions. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Conclusion: We are living in a time of a rare Cycle Period/Global Climatic Shift. It happens, has happened, and will happen again. What will happen is anyone's guess, although I feel we will know when we experience geological changes. Our core is active, space is active, fireballs dropping out of the sky, noises being heard around the world, sound thats described as a BOOM, long lasting hum sounds sometimes with flashes of light in the sky, magma is on the move, super volcano inflating at a rapid rate in Bolivia, magnetosphere weakening, Heliosphere shrinking, cosmic dust and rays are beating down on us coming from the galactic center, planets warming and sooo much more.

Its all related. I also add to the picture humans playing god and both rearranging geology as well as most of the molecules on the entire planet, from their natural composition. We have chemically ripped things apart and created molecules that never existed, and are reactive, and have been dispersed to inter act with all the rest of nature's molecules, forming new molecules.

I know that sounds far out concerning earthchanges, but the natural energy that holds things together, whatever it be called, holds all things together, yes? Energy unbounded flows endlessly, so passing through the mess we've created is bound to affect this planet.

Its a hippy type of idea. But I kinda think its right.

edit on 26-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Its all related. I also add to the picture humans playing god and both rearranging geology as well as most of the molecules on the entire planet, from their natural composition. We have chemically ripped things apart and created molecules that never existed, and are reactive, and have been dispersed to inter act with all the rest of nature's molecules, forming new molecules. I know that sounds far out concerning earthchanges, but the natural energy that holds things together, whatever it be called, holds all things together, yes? Energy unbounded flows endlessly, so passing through the mess we've created is bound to affect this planet. Its a hippy type of idea. But I kinda think its right.
reply to post by zworld

It really is related....to the ALL!

Man has messed around so much...I agree! UGH! I sometimes wonder though if they are prepared and trying to prepare in a way that appears to us as damaging. Like....maybe they're trying to lesson that which they think is inevitable?? I don't know. I would like to think Man is not as ignorant and selfish as appears.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Man has messed around so much...I agree! UGH!.

I forgot to add the other biggie of human addition to potential plate activity, and in fact it may be even more of a factor than removing mountains or building cities on fault lines. When they explore for oil and gas they create seismicity in the form of P and S waves that travel as energy and then get blocked at locked points, just like EQ energy, adding pressure to the faults.

And one of the most sonar perturbed areas is the entire CSZ, and some of these sonar explorations were done to explore faults and plates.

If thats not the biggest head scratcher in the world. Pumping intense P and S waves into a locked point in order to study it. Its kinda like using a match in the dark to see how much gas is in the can. Boom.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I forgot to add the other biggie of human addition to potential plate activity, and in fact it may be even more of a factor than removing mountains or building cities on fault lines. When they explore for oil and gas they create seismicity in the form of P and S waves that travel as energy and then get blocked at locked points, just like EQ energy, adding pressure to the faults. And one of the most sonar perturbed areas is the entire CSZ, and some of these sonar explorations were done to explore faults and plates. If thats not the biggest head scratcher in the world. Pumping intense P and S waves into a locked point in order to study it. Its kinda like using a match in the dark to see how much gas is in the can. Boom.
reply to post by zworld

The Law of cause and effect can be seen at its scariest within the scope of human choice. Each choice brings about an effect of said choice. Think of all the choices that happen on a daily basis by each living organism.

How does each effect the whole? Does it matter?

IMO, For this existence everything living "matters".

If man were to have held living things he experienced up on a pedestal and thought first of each living thing before himself the state of this world and the next would be different. It would be peace on Earth.

HE/Man became first! That was the worst mistake and is the worst mistake in my opinion but we do it all the time.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh, what's this?

A new 2.7 close to shore off Oregon, on the upper lip of subduction.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Yeah...right....

Nope, can't speculate on that one, even if it has been reviewed, which it has.

edit on Sun Feb 26th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

not only in the zone, when looking on the historic map, (even though I think it only goes down to >3 or 4), that area is totally void of EQs if memory serves.

And thats right on the Gorda/JDF line. I think its safe to say that that is smack dab in the heart of the locked point where I was surmising the pressure from EQs far offshore southwest Gorda would push into and cause the CSZ to rupture north from there.

Area to watch definitely

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join