It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast USA: Pay Attention, Cascadia May Be Ready to Rupture

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
z, it was just one quake, saw it myself.

But at 6.0, the stakes are now raised.

That has the potential to disrupt things along the backside of the JDF plate.

If I were in Cascadia right now I would not sleep. I would keep my eyes glued to that list or GEE and be ready. As I said, if a bigger one now hits in the purple path, I think we can pretty well guess what's coming next. The zone is destabilizing. That 6.0 is too big, too soon, and now no one can question that this activity is out of the norm.

I would not be surprised if the epicenter of a massive foreshock happened soon right near Eugene, OR.

Ok, I think I've said enough. God can sort the rest out. Good luck out there people.

edit on Tue Feb 14th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Thanks for the link!

_________

6.0?! eep. Feels like Cascadia is waking up. If anyone's animals start acting strange, please let us know.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
z, it was just one quake, saw it myself.

But at 6.0, the stakes are now raised.

That has the potential to disrupt things along the backside of the JDF plate.

If I were in Cascadia right now I would not sleep. I would keep my eyes glued to that list or GEE and be ready. As I said, if a bigger one now hits in the purple path, I think we can pretty well guess what's coming next. The zone is destabilizing. That 6.0 is too big, too soon, and now no one can question that this activity is out of the norm.

Ok, I think I've said enough. God can sort the rest out. Good luck out there people.

Yeah, theyve changed their map at PNSN too to reflect that. Originally there were two a couple minutes apart and two miles difference in depth, but when I went back to get the data they had changed.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Been watching this area for weeks.. the stresses are crazy there right now.. A 6.0 will indeed 'wake' other faults.. Which is VERY bad... The entire Ring of Fire has been extreme over the last 2 years..

California and the Cascadia area have been super lucky.. Looks like luck is running out.

The 5.6mag woke up the Mexicali fault with a 4.9m.. Lets see if Socal has another in 48hrs. I hope not...

People reading this in these areas should take precaucions over the next 48 hours. Don't take bridges, have escape plans.. watch out for falling debris--when a quake happens.. Even AFTER the quake. Falling debris is the #1 killer after a quake.
edit on 2/14/2012 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So two days ago I predicted a quake 20 miles offshore from Cape Mendocino in 48 hours mag 5+. Next day there was a quake 20 miles offshore from Cape Mendocino but only mag 3.

So yesterday I predicted far offshore Cape Mendocino mag 5.6 or greater in 48 hours and we get a 6 far offshore southern Oregon in that time frame.

Im getting closer but still not exact. Always one parameter wrong, the story of my life

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Sorry I just want to clarify I am not in fear...i just feel we should prepare for what looks to be something that is in the making. Yes, it could be 100 years from now, or it could be tomorrow...we never know, however, we are overdue and there is lots of activity all over the ring of fire right? I havent turned on my TV...I usually don't pay attention to msm...I highly doubt there is anything on about the latest quake, however, I'll turn it on out of curiosity when I get home later and report if I do see something.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I have to say you absolutely have my attention !! I just about fell over when i saw the link come across my screen showing the 6.0 !!!!
Hold on to your hats boys... this ride is about to get bumpy !!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nothing on the local news up here in Seattle. But I'm starting to wonder if mr president will cancel his trip up here on Friday.
In all fun somebody has to say it, it is valentines day so some tremors shouldn't worry us..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
nah, that wasn't no 6.0

mb = 5.4 ( 33) ML = 4.8

Phase data doesn't support 6.0 either. USGS reporting is becoming so inconsistent lately, I don't even believe initial magnitudes anymore. They just did this with the BAJA quake, came in at 6.0, ended up being a 4.9.

:shk:

So they'll drop this one probably. That's good news. That puts it back into the more normal category. Everybody can be happy again. Go to bed, and wake up dead.

And the new threads spring right up... Oblivious to the fact I've been covering this since Feb. 4.
Thing is they are not oblivious. They know damn well this thread exists. And that's fine. Have fun posting your little dutchscrewup videos and talking about how HAARP caused this one too.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm sorry I don't follow.....

second line

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Okay, I'd been fighting off posting any sort of warnings on my Facebook for a while now, with all of my "feelings" and the evidence from this thread, but I'm really nervous right now. I know too many people all over the country to just not say anything if something happens, and this definitely doesn't feel over yet. If Cascadia were to produce a mega quake which in turn produced a tsunami, I assume we may get some of that along the coast in Southern California as well, right? Or a lot of it? I'm guessing it depends on where the quake happens.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

No need to be worried, TMG333. Have an emergency kit ready. Earthquakes are out of our control. When/if it comes, you will know what to do in an instant. Enjoy your time with the people you care about, but there is no need to worry.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TMG333
Okay, I'd been fighting off posting any sort of warnings on my Facebook for a while now, with all of my "feelings" and the evidence from this thread, but I'm really nervous right now. I know too many people all over the country to just not say anything if something happens, and this definitely doesn't feel over yet. If Cascadia were to produce a mega quake which in turn produced a tsunami, I assume we may get some of that along the coast in Southern California as well, right? Or a lot of it? I'm guessing it depends on where the quake happens.

You probably wouldnt feel the shaking much but the tsunami will be a problem down there.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Yeah, that's what I figured. I have several friends along the coast in the LA area that I'd be concerned for is all. I'm probably far enough inland to not have to worry about a tsunami myself.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The recent series offshore southern Oregon have been on the southern edge of the Juan De Fuca plate and along Gorda ridge into the deformation zone. This is adding stress to the MTJ and Gorda plate in general, pushing it clockwise into the North American plate.

The real wildcard is the southwest edge of the Gorda plate, along the Gorda escarpment. watch for activity there. In fact, Im going out on a limb and predicting a mag 6.5 or greater in that area in the next 7 days. Which is far from the magnitude of the big one.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I'm not sure of the length of coastline for either Japan or any part of west coast NA, and realize any tsunami impact would probably depend on where the earthquake strikes as well as magnitude, but how much of Japan's coast was affected by the tsunami? Living next to a river/run off type thing that leads straight to the ocean, this idea of a tsunami down here interests me.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Man, I have been watching this thread like a hawk. I even stole the partners phone (mine broke) just so I can refresh checking. Most on the PNW threads know that while I live absolutely nowhere near even the USA, I have a fascination with the area. It really seems to be ramping up! I keep thinking after you, TA, or zworld make a 'prediction' that 'nah! Not going to happen' and it seems like you two are actually pretty accurately predicting the next movements. Incredible! I hope to whatever god there is that nothing happens!

TA, if you HAD to, what do you think the chance of the biggun' actually happening up there? percentage wise?

and, bit of a random Q, but how would it shake up British Columbia? around Whistler area?

x

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

And the new threads spring right up... Oblivious to the fact I've been covering this since Feb. 4.
Thing is they are not oblivious. They know damn well this thread exists. And that's fine. Have fun posting your little dutchscrewup videos and talking about how HAARP caused this one too.

I give you major props TA. You are right. . you have been KING surrounding this. Major props. .. .ATS Should be paying you for your time and knowledge put into this thread.

That being said, in all honesty, I probably wouldn't have even checked your thread here if I didn't see someone posting one with the title 6.0 off the coast of oregon. I always check the "recent posts" section of ats. So of course saw the thread by the other author and, of course, jumped over to your thread to see what your observation was. I think your thread here is a great tandem thread for the more specific earthquake ones.

Just an opinion. . .and again, this site wouldn't be the same without YOUR input on this matter.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

well if there was a megaquake of that magnitude, then theres really a problem
cuz there are two volcanos or more in there right? two with current activity maybe...

this is 2011 earthquake activity.... above

as you can see that area, and all the major fault lines have had a huge amount of earthquakes, by the time the video is over you will clearly see the outlines of all the fault lines.
This is a concern for many people, and this is not just a single concern for that area, If there was to be a catastrophic event in that area, its quite possible that a chain reaction of events would take place.
A chain reaction not just involving the tectonic plates but volcanoes and other catastrophic events as well.
As we are most aware of, Yellowstone National park is not far from the coast there, well literally it is hundreds of miles but in an event like this having a super-volcano even that far away is dangerous business...
The Yellowstone national park area has also had a vast raise in activity, grounds are rising, and even scientists are taking notice that once believed that it was nothing to worry about. Ill add a breif clip of the worst case scenereo for JUST a chain reaction that led to Yellowstone... Which if something that large happens could be a really bad thing....

Yellowstone Curiosity

and if that interests you theres more on youtube im sure. But Just thought id pop in to leave this info for your post, S&F

No i dont know everything and anyone feel free to disagree, this is just my thoughts on what would happen if that big event did happen.... you really never know

more recent, today and yesterday earthquake detailed info off RSOE database

thats what did i count right 9 over 5.0 in the last 24 hrs?
edit on 15-2-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by zworld

I think there is a swarm going on there, z.

On another note, I am seeing some things up in northern Washington State that I am not liking at all. I think there might be a quake coming soon, and maybe today. A key station is down at the moment, so I don't want to issue A2 until I can see it. But...just...umm...stay alert folks.

To be clear: I said a quake. Of some kind. Not necessarily the "Big One". Just testing some things.
edit on Mon Feb 13th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

And Oli, this has nothing to do even with what you sent me. It is based on some particular things I am relating to what I have mentioned earlier in the thread.
edit on Mon Feb 13th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

You called it TA. Im going to look for specifics but at 1:08 Eureka CA took a fair rumbling. More sonn.

edit on 13-2-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

Zworld, I'm glad to know you are in my neighborhood. I'm in Arcata. That 5.6 outside weitcpec was fun !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join