It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast USA: Pay Attention, Cascadia May Be Ready to Rupture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It probably isn't. But it might be. And these quakes may be the only warning you get.

Recent quakes on the Juan De Fuca Plate, and near Vancouver bear some attention:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And if you will notice, there are also two smaller ones in Tacoma area on that map.

Normally I would not be concerned, but Cascadia doesn't usually get that many quakes in such a short period of time. And noticing changes in frequency of quakes is important. They could be precursors for a very bad situation.

A more recent quake up near Vancouver Island also plays into this. And this 5.7, while not out of the norm in the long term, is still, potentially of the kind of magnitude that bears watching.

Be alert my friends. Be alert. And watch this closely over the next days and weeks.

I don't like it. One bit.

And of course as many here at ATS already know, scientists have been concerned about this for quite some time.
edit on 7/2/12 by masqua because: edit by author request

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thank you again True American.

I live in Northern California - so information like this is always appreciated.

I'll keep with my list of the other 50 things that could and will go wrong in California/Oregon/Washington

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I haven't been paying as much attention to this lately as I should... especially since I'm not to far from the sound here in redmond/bellevue.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's bound to happen...when not known: www.abovetopsecret.com... But good to take the warning into context. Thanks for sharing current info.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I live in norcal and think its about over due for a large earthquake along the westcoast..
In-fact it may be a blessing in disguise,, shake some of these idiots up a lil!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh, look! More fearmongering!
JUST KIDDING! (You know it's coming though just like the Big One.)

Thanks for keeping us updated, TrueAmerican.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I 100% agree. Any time now.

Although ive been saying that for the last year of watching the earthquake monitors. I just hope everyone is safe.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
woah!

just happened to catch this

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
what are the consequences of this happening?

tsunami, earthquakes?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Huh....I knew someone would pick up on this.

I really think the two near seattle in the past day could be related. They are about the same depth and would indicate the transfer of energy that is going on.

Definiately has my spidey senses tingling.

edit on 4-2-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Folks, I don't even know how to explain what I am about to say. Because I am really not ready to say it yet. But if I don't, and all hell breaks loose on Cascadia, I will never ever be able to forgive myself for keeping my mouth shut.

As some of you may know, I recently acquired a pro level tool set. I call it my Ferrari.

Well, it hasn't just been sitting in the garage. Far, far from it.

I have observed some things with this new tool that have sent me on a very deep and detailed mission, involving countless hours of observation and study. But I'll just put it to you this way. Things I have observed prior to quakes I am now observing at some stations on the west coast. It may mean nothing, and I hope it doesn't. But add my own observations of things to the list:

1) Frequency of quakes slightly increasing
2) My own observations which are still WAY too young, qualitatively, to bear ANY kind of merit. BUT, I am now guilt free.

That fault is not happy at the moment, I am just going to say that.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If something is going to happen, I'm almost willing to put money on one the sisters in the Three Sisters mountain chain in Oregon erupting very soon. The south side on one of them has been uplifting since about 96'.

Very odd, we were just talking about this in my Geology class this week
edit on 4-2-2012 by edgecrusher2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes I agree. Any minute now in the next 1000yrs

how blue is the water in Crater Lake getting, due to temp changes causing algae
edit on 4-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There are reasons why a big one may be due for Cascadia but a change in frequency is not being exhibited at present in fact more worryingly the frequency is decreasing.

This chart is Mag 4,5+ from 2002 to about 2 weeks ago. The area covered is:

West Of Vancouver Island
Queen Charlotte Islands Region
British Columbia. Canada
Alberta. Canada
Vancouver Island. Canada Region
Off Coast Of Washington
Near Coast Of Washington
Washington-Oregon Border Region
Washington
Off Coast Of Oregon
Near Coast Of Oregon
Oregon
Western Idaho
Off Coast Of Northern California
Near Coast Of Northern Calif.
Northern California

as defined by elements of FE regions 2 and 3

The Data is from ANSS.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

I wonder if you'll feel like a jack ass when the earthquake happens, and people do die.

Or did you not think for a second that you're really wishing death on people you don't even know?

Very christian. Very christian indeed.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I must stress however, that Cascadia was NOT my area of study in this. I need way more time to make any sense of what I am seeing. I am trying to develop a methodology.

So you guys can be part of the experiment.

If I sense that another quake may be imminent, I will basically post and say:

"Chances of a medium size quake (4-5 mag) in the next 15 minutes or so I believe have increased."

I am pretty much going to put it that way, and so we'll see. At the moment, base level chances have increased simply because of the recent quakes. Obviously something is stirring, but chances are, it will just die down and go away like it always does. At the present moment, things appear to be doing that.

I will alert if I think I may have something.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
do you know, or anyone here know, have a theory on, or research about, what will happen to the puget sound when "the big one" hits?

with so many islands, hills, and mountains, things like that everywhere, would there be a tsunami and how would it go where and do what in the puget sound area?

at what elevation would people be safe in?

a quake could trigger a eruption,causing lahars on the east side of the sound, and tsunamis (maybe?) from the west at the same time?

just a thought, if anyone has any answers on that it would be great to hear!

thanks
edit on 4-2-2012 by violence=answer because: busy with your mom

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

do you know, or anyone here know, have a theory on, or research about, what will hap[pen to the puget sound when "the big one" hits?

Well the geologists say that the last 3 x Mag 9 have produced tsunami that have travelled about 5 miles inland and have also caused deaths on the coast of Japan from the tsunami.

Are you sure you wanted to know??

edit on 4/2/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

i do, but what i want to know is what will happen to the I5 corridor inland, on the other side of the penninsula, with the puget sound, because of the geography out here.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am your eyes and ears for Vancouver. Have my camera ready to go. I am in a place called panorama ridge, overlooking mud bay if you want to google it. I'm pretty safe in regards to tsunami's, volcanoes etc...can see Mt. Baker from virutally anywhere here though it's that close, apparently it's active as well, and the volcanic ash could reach here easily with a south easterly flow, which thankfully rarely happens only with thunderstorms.

February 28, 2001 was the last earthquake I felt. We are way overdue for a big earthquake.
i'm as ready as i'll ever be.

I just realized how much crap everyone has in their homes that is NOT SECURE.
people here have a mindset that an earthquake will never happen. if you live in this area, please make sure you are not near anything that will slam into you.
edit on 4-2-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join