It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mods...." What really is the point?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The staff see this on a daily basis. Obviously this isn't about all the members, just a few. Someone will post a thread or a post with, "This will get deleted...." and guess what? 9 times out of 10 it will be. Then the follow up PM, "See, you proved my point." Really? What point? The only points as I can see it are:

1- You were fully aware of the guidelines.
2- You went against the guidelines.
3- The staff acted according to the guidelines.

The staff is going to enforce the T&C and the forum guidelines. So saying that you are proving a point by posting outside the guidelines really is no point at all. All that will happen is that the staff will act according to them. Some may not agree with some of the rules but they have been agree to by all parties that they will be followed. From the T&C:

Your membership in the Websites indicates your acceptance of the above Terms and Conditions for Use as well as the following Additional Terms and Conditions of Membership. These terms and conditions are subject to change without warning, so please review them regularly.

The rules were set in place to ensure a platform for civil discussion and they work. So next time one is going to post something that you KNOW is going to be deleted, please think twice about it and save us all the time and energy.
edit on 4-2-2012 by intrepid because: Speeling.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I havent seen the This might get Deleted, because it probably already was.

What I see and makes me laugh is the.....

:This might be in the wrong place, Mods feel free to Move.:

It goes without saying really..

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Maybe next time someone gets the urge to post something they know will violate the T&C, they can simply save everyone's time and post this instead:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This thread is not to air any grievances one has with the staff. Off topic posts will be removed. If you have a beef use the Complaints function or PM the mod that actioned your post.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
My pet peeve along those lines

ENDLESS people being self appointed mods saying

"There is already a thread on this"
Link Here...

Then they get many stars

And after that a hoard of people saying

"Yeah idjit use search"

The problem is that rarely if ever the info added to the new duplicate post is ever added to the linked one.. and many times the one linked to is even a duplicate of an earlier one. By the time you get to the real thread the real info is so scattered and the topic so disrupted by the relocate posts you might as well not bother adding to it

I have seen certain unnamed people that appear over and over doing this to mine for stars
. Yes the new poster SHOULD have searched, but with hot news and a million members that is impossible. But the disruption of the actual topic is the main concern

Example There was one case recently where there was new info found. So a new thread was created. What happened was everyone pounced on it an said "That's been done a hundred times, use search"

End result the NEW info never made it to the original thread

Not sure there is a solution but its happening so much lately that its frustrating

A merge feature would be nice

[/rant/
edit on 4-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That annoys me as well.

"Mods, feel free to...."

Well, if you are posting a thread, you should be able to determine the forum it goes in. I often choose one where I think it is most fitting. I have never, and will never ask a Mod a question in an OP. I HAVE asked Mods questions BEFORE I post a thread.

Try it sometime. The Mods will answer ANY question you have via u2u. Run your thread idea in front of them, before you post it. It saves time, and deletes the uncertainty.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

the problem is that some people are so desperate to be " right " that they wil post total crap - just so they can claim that they have been censored - every one can see tat its a self fulfilling prophecy - but hey

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

i preffere :

" mods feel free to send me money "

hey it might work

top topics

join