It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I was wondering what the correlation was of abductees and intelligence? Are they mostly smart(high IQs)? I just found out that my IQ is relatively high. I won't reveal what it is but in the top 2.5% of the general population. Also could that(my high intelligence) have been a result of genetic engineering/manipulation? Not to worry, I am not paranoid, I figure if I was going to be abducted I would have been by now. Well, GTG.
Troy

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, no one in my family (or my spouse's rather large family) has been abducted, and we're all former Mensa members (or Mensa qualified by various methods.)

(for the record, I'm somewhere in the top 1%, as are other members of our family.)

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Never been tested myself...
Though I'm kind of young. My IQ wouldn't be too low though.
(I am one of the smartest people where I live)

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Joe, you can't be too young, as long as you can express yourself, they can gauge your mental ability, i.e. prodigies and child geniuses, etc. So there is a way.
Any ideas if high intelligence is genetic manipulation? I know that high intelligence runs in families, so it must be genetically linked.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, I'm not saying I'm too young for testing. I mean I'm a bit young right now, and not anywhere near my full potential. I'd like to be somwhere near my potential before I take an IQ test.

I know people say that no one has ever reached human potential, but I would like to learn and mature a bit more before I put myself to a test.

What exactly is on an IQ test? Is it comprehension questions or academic?

p.s.-I'm not a child or anything. I was referring to my knowledge at the moment. (sorry for the confusion)

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The I.Q. tests are a mixture of a lot of questions, math, vocabulary, etc. One question I can remember is:
A tree can hold three people. Jack weighs twice as much as Jan, and Jeff weighs 100lbs more than Jan. Can the tree hold Jack, Jan and Jeff without breaking.
A)Yes
B)No
C)Not enough information to to answer the question.

That is one of hundreds. You should try one some time, they aren't really that difficult. The last one I took, I just blew through the math questions (didn't feel like taking the time to work them out) and still scored 157. So they aren't that bad.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh yeah pattern recognition...forgot that.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by troylawson
Any ideas if high intelligence is genetic manipulation? I know that high intelligence runs in families, so it must be genetically linked.

Yes, it's genetically linked but easily modifiable. Factors includ the environment, nutrition, reading lots of books (not from the "information dump" aspect, but more from the 'fostering critical skills' part) and education level of the parents. Each of those can boost the IQ up a dozen points or so.

Continuing education and puzzle exercises also keep it high or boost it somewhat while an adult.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here's a free IQ test you can do online just for fun to see where you stand:

www.iqtest.com...

Statistically the following statements are true about IQ scores obtained by taking this test:

An IQ of 100 is higher than 50% of all persons taking this test.
An IQ of 110 is higher than 75% of all persons taking this test.
An IQ of 120 is higher than 93% of all persons taking this test.
An IQ of 130 is higher than 98% of all persons taking this test

A higher IQ score is not a guarantee that an individual will achieve happiness, maintain sanity, or obtain spiritual growth.

A lower IQ score does not mean that an individual will be unsuccessful financially, emotionally, or morally.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
But studies show...
...Just kidding. I thought it was great finding out my score, but as times goes by, I get the feeling that I am not living up to my "full potential" as joe mentioned. I guess it all relates to where you drive down the road of life. Oh well, I guess I will go to GameSpy and play another game, LOL!

Troy

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have a feeling that if all of us on ats were to put together our iq's and average them, we would be in the top 5%

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i'll post my iq....132

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
MONKEY!! Get off my nuts! And get out of my HEAD!

I did a iq test one time in a hurry as I was waiting. scored above 100 so I did great!

OOO OOO Whos the genius with big guns?! hehehe

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
IQ, Intelligence Quotient was devised as a means of establishing whether a child's intelligence was what should be expected for the actual age of the child. Defined as 100*mental age / actual age. The tests covered numerical, language and symbolic logic skills taken over a fixed time period. Thus a child of 8 that got a score that was the same as the mean score for a population of 10 year olds had an IQ of 125, and that of a 10 year old whose score was the same as the mean for 8 year olds had a score of 80.

Whatever "IQ" tests show for adults is debatable. Probably how good you are at doing intelligence tests!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
hmm
Test score was: 138

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't consider myself to be smarter than anyone else. I did bad in high school, heh. Even bad in a few classes I am taking right now in college hummm.

top topics

join